Here’s why Apples $700 Wheels are NOT Crazy

nicklmg
3 hours ago, mr moose said:

Just to reiterate a point that some people don't seem to be understanding,  you can get a solid aluminum handle (professional) for the RED camera for A$105.  That uses a NATO rail and full fasteners.  There is no way that is a cheap handle with a higher failure rate than the original equipment.   When you have a price variance of that much then the RED version is a vane purchase.  There is no justification for the handle to cost that much,  and dropping your camera is not an argument.  I might crash my car, I'd better pay 7 times more for chrome plated door handles. 🤔

For fucks sake aren't you even reading my posts? I'm not saying a 3rd party anything will break or is worse than the official spec but you will not get a replacement if you're using a 3rd party accessory. if you're using the official one you have a leg to stand on. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

8 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

For fucks sake aren't you even reading my posts? I'm not saying a 3rd party anything will break or is worse than the official spec but you will not get a replacement if you're using a 3rd party accessory. if you're using the official one you have a leg to stand on. 

Are you for real?  do you honestly think warranty replaces shit you break because your clumsy?  Good luck with that. You are clutching at straws to excuse this price tag now.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

12 hours ago, mr moose said:

Are you for real?  do you honestly think warranty replaces shit you break because your clumsy?  Good luck with that. You are clutching at straws to excuse this price tag now.

Oh for gods sake. When does “break” and “drop” mean the same thing? If the handle for a camera breaks and damages the mount or a wheel detaches while you’re pushing the computer and it tips over and something rattled around a little too much. That’s what I’m talking about. You’re just reading what you want rather that what’s written which is why you haven’t understood anything even when it’s been written down multiple times.

I honestly don’t get you’re issue. It’s an overpriced set of wheels for people too lazy to carry the thing 10 yards, if you’re wanting the computer mobile for a professional capacity you’d Get the rack mount version and stick it in a rack for transport.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

16 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Oh for gods sake. When does “break” and “drop” mean the same thing? If the handle for a camera breaks and damages the mount or a wheel detaches while you’re pushing the computer and it tips over and something rattled around a little too much.

Why would that happen? you claimed if you dropped it, not if the handle broke.     If you think a solid metal handle is just going to break then you have no idea.

16 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

That’s what I’m talking about. You’re just reading what you want rather that what’s written which is why you haven’t understood anything even when it’s been written down multiple times.

I honestly don’t get you’re issue. It’s an overpriced set of wheels for people too lazy to carry the thing 10 yards, if you’re wanting the computer mobile for a professional capacity you’d Get the rack mount version and stick it in a rack for transport.

The issue is you keep quoting me and arguing when I point out the wheels are stupid over priced and only for vane people.  I guess if you figure out how to make your peace with that the sooner you'll work it all out.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Why did linus make this vid! He literally is giving apple exactly what they want. I know he explained Apple's strategies, but any attention for apple, as long as it isn't really negitive, helps the trillion dollar monster. It was a good video, but I think linus is giveing apple free media attention. 

My primary system: Core I7 10700k, 32 gb Trident Z RGB ram@3200mhz, EVGA GTX 970 SSC (will upgrade), NZXT N7 Z490 motherboard (Black), Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB SSD, NZXT C850 PSU, Hyper 212 EVO cooler (getting new water cooler soon), NZXT H510i case. 

My secondary system: Core I7 4820k, 16 gb quad channel 1600mhz ram, GTX 780 reference, Asus PX79LE, SK Hynix GOLD s31 500gb SSD, some 10 yr old Cooler Master 750w psu, Hyper 212, old Cooler Master case.

Laptop: Lenovo l380 yoga I5 8250u, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd storage)

buy 700 dollar wheels that can't lock so your pc can roll away from you. genius.