Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NottinghamBoardandWargames

Linus tech Webcams?

4 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Thanks! I've had a slight bias with ebay when ordering any tech (I deal a lot with concert audio and home audio), but I'll definitely go through ebay. Thanks for sending the link!

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Query

Ok noticed with the isolation Vids, the webcam footage was particularly good, does anyone know what cams they are? The ones from FoldatHome server build particular.

 

Or similar as needing good ones for streaming and recording high Res.

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NottinghamBoardandWargames said:

Query

Ok noticed with the isolation Vids, the webcam footage was particularly good, does anyone know what cams they are? The ones from FoldatHome server build particular.

 

Or similar as needing good ones for streaming and recording high Res.

 

Thanks.

a logitech brio i think he used. i think the main camera was a dslr


Either tag or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Sorry if I don't respond right away. I could be sleeping, helping someone else, or away from my computer or phone

Put a reaction on my post if i helped

What I say is from my experience, and sometimes from the internet. It may not be 100% correct

Have a good day

Link to post
Share on other sites

Logitech and Microsoft make some of the better webcams out there.

 

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcams?filters=3801

 

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/webcams

I use the Life Cam Studio. love it.

 

 

Also,

-= Moved to Peripherals =-


Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

 

Spoiler

 †  

 

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

 

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

 

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates. Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

 

About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

 

 CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, important clarification - the Short Circuit videos I shot outside had a Black Magic Cinema Camera 2.5k as the secondary angle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody have any leads on where to find a webcam? I'm revamping my entire work area and will need to get one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, andyGstl said:

Does anybody have any leads on where to find a webcam? I'm revamping my entire work area and will need to get one.

What an odd question. Have you tried amazon?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

What an odd question. Have you tried amazon?

I have. But they don't have the models I'm specifically looking for that will ship in a reasonable amount of time. There are other distributors that are wanting insane amounts to ship on top of a very high amount for the product itself. I can't find reviews on a lot of them, and unless I know the brand, I base my purchasing decisions from other people's reviews. I was hoping somebody would have suggestions on other retailers such as B&H Photo, Micro Center, etc... And since it's not a product for the medical field, it's going to be for awhile that I would get one from Amazon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2020 at 4:00 PM, noxdeouroboros said:

What an odd question. Have you tried amazon?

It's not odd at all.

 

Pretty much all Logitech and Microsoft webcams are out of stock and on back order at all retailers over here.

 

Only ones available are dubious quality Chinese ones with long delivery times.

 

Working from home and isolation has seen demand skyrocket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

 

1 hour ago, artuc said:

It's not odd at all.

 

Pretty much all Logitech and Microsoft webcams are out of stock and on back order at all retailers over here.

 

Only ones available are dubious quality Chinese ones with long delivery times.

 

Working from home and isolation has seen demand skyrocket.

In my location there aren't any shortages like that. Big stores, maybe, smaller tech stores (at least where I live) have a pretty decent stock, on amazon I see there are many shortages and shipping delays.

 

13 hours ago, andyGstl said:

I have. But they don't have the models I'm specifically looking for that will ship in a reasonable amount of time. There are other distributors that are wanting insane amounts to ship on top of a very high amount for the product itself. I can't find reviews on a lot of them, and unless I know the brand, I base my purchasing decisions from other people's reviews. I was hoping somebody would have suggestions on other retailers such as B&H Photo, Micro Center, etc... And since it's not a product for the medical field, it's going to be for awhile that I would get one from Amazon.

Are there any smaller local tech stores near you? I got a good webcam from a small tech store in my town, bigger ones are apparently out of stock and I forgot about those shipping delays when buying from amazon these days.

On a funny side of things amazon are kinda odd these days when it comes to shipping :

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 9:07 AM, noxdeouroboros said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

In my location there aren't any shortages like that. Big stores, maybe, smaller tech stores (at least where I live) have a pretty decent stock, on amazon I see there are many shortages and shipping delays.

 

Are there any smaller local tech stores near you? I got a good webcam from a small tech store in my town, bigger ones are apparently out of stock and I forgot about those shipping delays when buying from amazon these days.

On a funny side of things amazon are kinda odd these days when it comes to shipping :

  Hide contents

 

 

Oh holy hell! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!! Thank you for that. Anything tech I get is from Micro Center, but they're out. They're kind of close to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 8:18 AM, artuc said:

Working from home and isolation has seen demand skyrocket.

It's insane just trying to find anything I need right now. I don't need much for what I'm doing, but what I need is out everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, andyGstl said:

Micro Center, but they're out.

I wouldn't exactly call Micro Center small. Are there any smaller shops in your area? In some shopping mall or something like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

I wouldn't exactly call Micro Center small. Are there any smaller shops in your area? In some shopping mall or something like that.

That's the only one. There is a Best Buy, but they're usually overpriced.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, andyGstl said:

That's the only one. There is a Best Buy, but they're usually overpriced.

What kind of webcam you are looking for exactly?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

What kind of webcam you are looking for exactly?

Preferably the Microsoft LifeCam Cinema. It's on back order for the rest of the month from another retailer, and even when they get it back in stock there's no telling how many are reserved. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Best Answer
4 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Thanks! I've had a slight bias with ebay when ordering any tech (I deal a lot with concert audio and home audio), but I'll definitely go through ebay. Thanks for sending the link!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×