Linus tech Webcams?

Go to solution Solved by andyGstl,
4 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Thanks! I've had a slight bias with ebay when ordering any tech (I deal a lot with concert audio and home audio), but I'll definitely go through ebay. Thanks for sending the link!

Query

Ok noticed with the isolation Vids, the webcam footage was particularly good, does anyone know what cams they are? The ones from FoldatHome server build particular.

Or similar as needing good ones for streaming and recording high Res.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, NottinghamBoardandWargames said:

Query

Ok noticed with the isolation Vids, the webcam footage was particularly good, does anyone know what cams they are? The ones from FoldatHome server build particular.

Or similar as needing good ones for streaming and recording high Res.

Thanks.

a logitech brio i think he used. i think the main camera was a dslr

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

Logitech and Microsoft make some of the better webcams out there.

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcams?filters=3801

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/webcams

I use the Life Cam Studio. love it.

Also,

-= Moved to Peripherals =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Thanks for this, that why live the channel and ghost reading this group always someone with that knowledge base and helpful.

Cheers

1 minute ago, LinusTech said:

Close up was a Brio (incorrectly configured at super low framerate) and the wide is a Canon C200.

Thanks, really appreciate

Oh, important clarification - the Short Circuit videos I shot outside had a Black Magic Cinema Camera 2.5k as the secondary angle.

Does anybody have any leads on where to find a webcam? I'm revamping my entire work area and will need to get one.

4 hours ago, andyGstl said:

Does anybody have any leads on where to find a webcam? I'm revamping my entire work area and will need to get one.

What an odd question. Have you tried amazon?

16 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

I have. But they don't have the models I'm specifically looking for that will ship in a reasonable amount of time. There are other distributors that are wanting insane amounts to ship on top of a very high amount for the product itself. I can't find reviews on a lot of them, and unless I know the brand, I base my purchasing decisions from other people's reviews. I was hoping somebody would have suggestions on other retailers such as B&H Photo, Micro Center, etc... And since it's not a product for the medical field, it's going to be for awhile that I would get one from Amazon.

On 4/10/2020 at 4:00 PM, noxdeouroboros said:

It's not odd at all.

Pretty much all Logitech and Microsoft webcams are out of stock and on back order at all retailers over here.

Only ones available are dubious quality Chinese ones with long delivery times.

Working from home and isolation has seen demand skyrocket.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, artuc said:

It's not odd at all.

Pretty much all Logitech and Microsoft webcams are out of stock and on back order at all retailers over here.

Only ones available are dubious quality Chinese ones with long delivery times.

In my location there aren't any shortages like that. Big stores, maybe, smaller tech stores (at least where I live) have a pretty decent stock, on amazon I see there are many shortages and shipping delays.

13 hours ago, andyGstl said:

I have. But they don't have the models I'm specifically looking for that will ship in a reasonable amount of time. There are other distributors that are wanting insane amounts to ship on top of a very high amount for the product itself. I can't find reviews on a lot of them, and unless I know the brand, I base my purchasing decisions from other people's reviews. I was hoping somebody would have suggestions on other retailers such as B&H Photo, Micro Center, etc... And since it's not a product for the medical field, it's going to be for awhile that I would get one from Amazon.

Are there any smaller local tech stores near you? I got a good webcam from a small tech store in my town, bigger ones are apparently out of stock and I forgot about those shipping delays when buying from amazon these days.

On a funny side of things amazon are kinda odd these days when it comes to shipping :

Spoiler

On 4/11/2020 at 9:07 AM, noxdeouroboros said:
  Reveal hidden contents

In my location there aren't any shortages like that. Big stores, maybe, smaller tech stores (at least where I live) have a pretty decent stock, on amazon I see there are many shortages and shipping delays.

Are there any smaller local tech stores near you? I got a good webcam from a small tech store in my town, bigger ones are apparently out of stock and I forgot about those shipping delays when buying from amazon these days.

On a funny side of things amazon are kinda odd these days when it comes to shipping :

Hide contents

Oh holy hell! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!! Thank you for that. Anything tech I get is from Micro Center, but they're out. They're kind of close to me.

On 4/11/2020 at 8:18 AM, artuc said:

It's insane just trying to find anything I need right now. I don't need much for what I'm doing, but what I need is out everywhere.

11 minutes ago, andyGstl said:

Micro Center, but they're out.

I wouldn't exactly call Micro Center small. Are there any smaller shops in your area? In some shopping mall or something like that.

2 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

I wouldn't exactly call Micro Center small. Are there any smaller shops in your area? In some shopping mall or something like that.

That's the only one. There is a Best Buy, but they're usually overpriced.

1 minute ago, andyGstl said:

That's the only one. There is a Best Buy, but they're usually overpriced.

What kind of webcam you are looking for exactly?

2 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

What kind of webcam you are looking for exactly?

Preferably the Microsoft LifeCam Cinema. It's on back order for the rest of the month from another retailer, and even when they get it back in stock there's no telling how many are reserved. 

5 minutes ago, andyGstl said:

Preferably the Microsoft LifeCam Cinema. It's on back order for the rest of the month from another retailer, and even when they get it back in stock there's no telling how many are reserved. 

Maybe ebay could be an option : https://www.ebay.com/b/Microsoft-LifeCam-Cinema-Computer-Webcams/4616/bn_89032814

4 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Thanks! I've had a slight bias with ebay when ordering any tech (I deal a lot with concert audio and home audio), but I'll definitely go through ebay. Thanks for sending the link!