Cases like the Corsair one?

Radium_Angel

I was testing some parts the other day and realized I have enough parts to make another PC, (M.2 SSD, 3.5" 2TB WD spinner, GTX 660, I5-6500, PCIe wireless card, appropriate RAM) but I lack a mobo, and a case.

I like the vertical form of the Corsair 1, I just don't like the price associated with it...

but I'm certain someone has made a case in the vertical form factor, yes?

If so, some suggestions please? I guess the only requirement is it needs to have space for my GTX 660 (mounted in a vertical fashion natch) the 3.5 WD spinner would be nice, by is not a requirement, I have 2.5" SSDs as well if need be.

Cheers! 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Phanteks Evolv Shift Is one I know of, there are a few variations out there of it. Ive seen people use it but havent put hands on it myself. It will support your spinner

1 hour ago, Ravendarat said:

Phanteks Evolv Shift Is one I know of, there are a few variations out there of it. Ive seen people use it but havent put hands on it myself. It will support your spinner

Er... The Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift would make a pretty sweet case, but I believe it only has 2 PCIe slots and won't be able to accommodate both a GTX 660 (dual-slot, I think?) and a PCIe wireless card.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

3 hours ago, Eschew said:

Er... The Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift would make a pretty sweet case, but I believe it only has 2 PCIe slots and won't be able to accommodate both a GTX 660 (dual-slot, I think?) and a PCIe wireless card.

I am flexible, I can get a mobo with wifi on it, and dump the pcie one. I will look into this case, thank you

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

The other standout "tall tower" astyle case that comes to mind is the NZXT H1, which omes with a 140mm AIO and a SFX PSU included. The AIO is a bit overkill for a 6500 but you'llnever need to worry abotu upgrading your cooler at least. (And no, they dont sell a version without them)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

NZXT H1

Pretty...

(checks price)

...expensive

6 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Pretty...

(checks price)

...expensive

But is it really? I mean it has a SFX power supply (not cheap) an aio and PCIE riser cable (not insignificant) and when you factor those two things in I think the price is actually quite reasonable

26 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

But is it really? I mean it has a SFX power supply (not cheap) an aio and PCIE riser cable (not insignificant) and when you factor those two things in I think the price is actually quite reasonable

Point made, but for parts that total perhaps 100$, spending 300+$ on a case doesn't make much sense (then throw in a 150$ mobo and suddenly I can upgrade my existing rig for that money)

If you can find one a Silverstone FT03 mini might not be a bad choice.

17 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Point made, but for parts that total perhaps 100$, spending 300+$ on a case doesn't make much sense (then throw in a 150$ mobo and suddenly I can upgrade my existing rig for that money)

Kraken X42 140mm AIO is about $100 (not really sold anymore), 650w gold rated fully modular SFX PSU is about $130, so for the case price it's about $120. 

The x42 isnt needed for your build since it's only an i5-6600, and your system isnt a power hog, but you didnt list a PSU with your build, and this style of case is going to require an SFX psu which are not cheap :( I'd only strongly recommend the H1 if you were planning on steadily upgrading the CPU and GPU to something stronger in the future (which is hard to do with skylake CPU's as you noted trying to find a mobo)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

SFX psu

Yeah I figured these uITX cases were going to require a specialized PSU. There were no plans to upgrade this, given it's just spare parts I had laying about I thought I figured I'd make a cheap PC out of them, but it's looking more and more like it'd be cheaper to sell the parts and upgrade my existing pc, rather than put this together.

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Yeah I figured these uITX cases were going to require a specialized PSU. There were no plans to upgrade this, given it's just spare parts I had laying about I thought I figured I'd make a cheap PC out of them, but it's looking more and more like it'd be cheaper to sell the parts and upgrade my existing pc, rather than put this together.

The smaller you go, the more expensive it tends to get! :/ 

Just now, TVwazhere said:

The smaller you go, the more expensive it tends to get! :/ 

I guess that explains bikinis then 🤪

12 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I guess that explains bikinis then 🤪

Ba Dum Tss GIFs | Tenor