LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Just woken up, 8 wu not sending from 2 rigs, It looks like they are only from GPU, not CPU...

Small victories - my rank on the LTT team is now 400! 89 more WUs to hit 1,000! Will get there before the end of the event.

F@H

Current config:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6000 (30-40-40-96), Aorus RTX3080 TI Xtreme, 2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, ASUS XG-C100C, Corsair RM850x, Corsair H115i Pro RGB w/ 2,000 rpm ML fans, Fractal Design Meshify S2, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD 24" 4K

0.o Didn't realize Afterburner ditched my fan curve. Temps were fine but I just happened to be snooping around in settings (I just had to switch a case fan out because my blowiematron was clicking even after a fresh cleaning and lubing of the bearing [5 years of running at 3500 RMP, aggressive blade angle, 9 blades])

VRM temps are up 4C since switching the fan (before I had the fan plugged in they very, very quickly popped up to 50C and weren't stopping). All of my temps are stable, and my graphics card is actually gonna stay under 60C while folding tonight! (Stupid of me not checking the fan curve lmao!)

33 minutes ago, ObeliskAG said:

Small victories - my rank on the LTT team is now 400! 89 more WUs to hit 1,000! Will get there before the end of the event.

You'll have to make one of certificate things I've seen floating around.

I'm curious to know if anybody has a full custom water cooled rig running on this and how thermals are performing. Participating in this event has made me want to build a new computer with a custom loop in it. 

I think Jeff Bezos just let AWS loose on FAH.... This single account has 16k active clients, and by itself, with no help from the rest of the "awsfolds" team, would be the third highest team in PPD currently.... Wow.

Started folding on 3/21/20, and is already number 8 all time. Thats an incredible amount of power.

image.thumb.png.469ce66e2d877d32caf96ce51980f4f3.png

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

3 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

I think Jeff Bezos just let AWS loose on FAH.... This single account has 16k active clients, and by itself, with no help from the rest of the "awsfolds" team, would be the third highest team in PPD currently.... Wow.

Started folding on 3/21/20, and is already number 8 all time. Thats an incredible amount of power.

image.thumb.png.469ce66e2d877d32caf96ce51980f4f3.png

Don’t let the big guys get you down.  The curecoin aisc miners have been pwning for a long time now.  Me I’m just happy it’s getting done.  Go Jeff!

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

He's making it more difficult for me to get WUs? That's unacceptable! This is a pain...

Jk, good that the work's getting done, just wish some of it would be used to keep my clients busy

F@H    EOC

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Don’t let the big guys get you down.  The curecoin aisc miners have been pwning for a long time now.  Me I’m just happy it’s getting done.  Go Jeff!

I know, curecoin has been doing work. But... this single account, is smashing them, hard. Like, thats an entirely new level of commitment. He basically just made Microsofts backend donation of 5 Azure servers (which is fantastic, don't get me wrong at all) look like total childs play. This is a massive amount of compute power. Amazing, just amazing.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

12 minutes ago, Victor Golf said:

I'm curious to know if anybody has a full custom water cooled rig running on this and how thermals are performing. Participating in this event has made me want to build a new computer with a custom loop in it. 

I am running a full custom loop, on the following gear:

3950x (Stock + 0.075v undervolt)

Asus Crosshair VIII Formula (no need to add loop for VRMs but did it anyway)

64GB 3600MHz Trident-Z

Asus Strix 2080ti OC (standard clocks)

Soft-tubed loop consisting of EK blocks + 2 Rads - 120mm between 2080ti & VRM / CPU; 360mm between CPU and D5 pump

CPU temps are high 80's, graphics card high 50's. Water temp mid 30s.

I am only running folding on 6 cores + video card, have left my old 1950x (with 1080ti) to do most of this duty.

FYI.

4 hours ago, bafo_ah said:

... T4 only available on several region... just try different region, I use us-central1 and us-west1

I using centos8 - 40GB (a little bit overkill I think, but It need more than 10GB - CUDA driver is 5GB) ...

You're welcome, just glad to bring another people to fold on the cloud... but DON'T FORGET to delete your instance on time, or else google will charge you!

You don't need the CUDA SDK for cloud folding, just install 'gcc', 'make', the latest Nvidia driver and the FAH client. For no warnings GCC have to be the same version as the one that build the kernel.

This is based on a test run on Google Cloud with T4's and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS - 10 GB disk. (With this OS I know the GCC warning can be skipped as the GCC version is only a minor difference)

4 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I'm still waiting to see when the site decides to give me an estimated cost.  I set a budget alert, is that enough or will I need to stop early to be absolutely sure?

From my experience, cost can be delayed up to a day. I don't know if longer...
My advice would be to look at the hourly charge, add that up, and then stop early for any possible cost you forgot.

Google just preempted my VM that was chewing on a 41200 base point WU...😭

F@H    EOC

33 minutes ago, Victor Golf said:

Stock R7 2700x under voted 0.0115v Copper EK block 48c RTX 2070 stock EK full water block 52c. 2x RX 580 overclocked 1470/2100 under voted 30mv EK copper blocks over core, heat sinks on ram VRM's 120mm fan etc 50-55c. 1x 360 by 60mm deep EK rad, and a 120mm rad, 5x low rpm 120mm fans on the rads. This water lop is 7 years old but this pc it only 2 weeks old, this EK gear seems to last for ever

It's only the 8th and we have more points so far then all of last month (which was a record high).

image.png.6168fb5e99e1437bacb2df49f8fb03bd.pngimage.png.542ad19d29655573e2827f92af3670b4.png

Quick question. @GOTSpectrum or to anyone who knows.

When does the event end?

The frist post says the following: "Starts March, 27th (00:00 GMT) Ends April, 10th (23:59 BST)" That's 15 days but the post also says the event last 14 days.

If I remember correctly the post once said "Ends April, 10th (00:00 [GMT or BST]) and that would be correct for ~14 days ignoring the change to summer time.

So... Does it end tonight at 23:59 BST (in 15h 22m) or tomorrow at 23:59 BST (in 39h 22m)? 🤔

I'm curios as I've finally received my new Corsair Obsidian 1000D and I would like to start rebuilding my PCs 😁 But I wont turn them off during the event...

image.png.60dd735dcbc958096c050e99bf33b60a.png

well.. at least for the last 3 days i got my rig running smooth again!

Drama before the 4th haha

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

23 minutes ago, GalaxyNetworks said:

When does the event end?

The first post says the following: "Starts March, 27th (00:00 GMT) Ends April, 10th (23:59 BST)"

This means this event ends 1 minute before 00:00 Saturday morning, April 11th BST. In other words April 11, 00:59 UTC. 15 hours from now.

F@H

Current config:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6000 (30-40-40-96), Aorus RTX3080 TI Xtreme, 2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, ASUS XG-C100C, Corsair RM850x, Corsair H115i Pro RGB w/ 2,000 rpm ML fans, Fractal Design Meshify S2, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD 24" 4K

21 minutes ago, GalaxyNetworks said:

When does the event end?

The frist post says the following: "Starts March, 27th (00:00 GMT) Ends April, 10th (23:59 BST)" That's 15 days but the post also says the event last 14 days.

If I remember correctly the post once said "Ends April, 10th (00:00 [GMT or BST]) and that would be correct for ~14 days ignoring the change to summer time.

So... Does it end tonight at 23:59 BST (in 15h 22m) or tomorrow at 23:59 BST (in 39h 22m)? 🤔

I'm curios as I've finally received my new Corsair Obsidian 1000D and I would like to start rebuilding my PCs 😁 But I wont turn them off during the event...

Today is the last day, 16 hours left.

2 hours ago, Victor Golf said:

I got a 3700X PBO, 200mhz auto OC  and a slight undervolt, with a 1080ti under water. I pulled the sidepanel from my In Win 303 for better airflow. The GPU is doing very well at 46 degrees, but the CPU is running pretty toasty at around 84-87 C. I pulled a 2 cores from folding so at max its folding with 6 + 7 cpu Slots and 1 core for the GPU slot. That helped a bit, but I suspect I need to repaste after the event is done. I am also very tempted to try out Der8auers new OC bracket, which should help a lot with temps in non-constant workflows.

Dang some of these servers are chuggin'.  Even uploading to azure, an only 8 meg chunk result just took 10 minutes to upload.

4 minutes ago, Daniel_SC said:

I got a 3700X PBO, 200mhz auto OC  and a slight undervolt, with a 1080ti under water. I pulled the sidepanel from my In Win 303 for better airflow. The GPU is doing very well at 46 degrees, but the CPU is running pretty toasty at around 84-87 C. I pulled a 2 cores from folding so at max its folding with 6 + 7 cpu Slots and 1 core for the GPU slot. That helped a bit, but I suspect I need to repaste after the event is done. I am also very tempted to try out Der8auers new OC bracket, which should help a lot with temps in non-constant workflows.

What water block do you have on the CPU? block fins all clear etc... as you must be getting close to throttling?

3 hours ago, Victor Golf said:

Custom loop for foldy (yeah found a name for it now) :

X470 aorus ultra gaming

seasonic platinum p-1200 (yeah judge me 😋)

Radeon Vega 56 with an watercool heatkiller IV waterblock
Ryzen 5 2600 with an aqua computer cuplex kryos block

one 360mm rad and a 420mmrad all in push configuration with standard noctua

D5 pump and aqua computer reservoir

Case is thermaltake view 31

after 13 days non stop folding with a stable overclock at 4ghz on the cpu and +5% on the gpu (with undervolt):

CPU sit at 65°C (without overclock it was sitting at a nice 45-50, will go back to normal clocks after the event)

GPU 40°C 
Could probably lower the temp by ramping up the fan but as it is they are super quiet

It is around 950,000 ppd

The rig is due for an overhaul, RGB sync, dusting, cmos battery change, loop refill but have to wait the end of the event

Spoiler

DSC_0002.thumb.JPG.9231647f4fee39366c10453db4a018b5.JPG

BOINC - F@H