Core22 now in full F@H! Navi runs nice! PPD ~+20%

Beta and Advanced testing is over. The first WUs are rolled out to production F@H!

The deadline and credit were adjusted to increase the PPDs by the performance speedup / increase in science produced (speedup is ~20% on 1080/1080Ti benchmark machine). Please watch out for temperature and wattage increases, and consider reducing OC.

Project stats:

11737 (DHFR benchmark)
core: Core22 0.0.2
# atoms: 23558
credit: 7498
k-factor: 0.75
timeout: 5.8d
deadline: 8.2d
precision: mixed

I already got the first few WUs on my VII and performance is right in line with what we have seen on Beta and advanced. 

Also the first projects doing real science with Core22 are being tested right now on advanced. 

so happy to finally have full confirmation on snagging a big Navi when it comes out. Yes I can’t uses Nvidia because of the apps I need for work. And yeha I am a little AMD fan :P. HOPE Navi21 will perform as expected...

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

23 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

The deadline and credit were adjusted to increase the PPDs by the performance speedup / increase in science produced (speedup is ~20% on 1080/1080Ti benchmark machine)

Oooo I like the sound of that! Since my machine is dual 1070ti's and some times my 1080ti in my personal computer. 

But more importantly, Navi support. Only took, what, a year?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Oooo I like the sound of that! Since my machine is dual 1070ti's and some times my 1080ti in my personal computer. 

But more importantly, Navi support. Only took, what, a year?

FOr Navi about half a year. But development for the Core22 has been going on for much longer. It stagnated for some months, but the will to support Navi gave it the final push. Core21 uses a preeeeety old version of OpenMM that doesn't play well with the RDNA architecture. Thats why it didn't work.

@Metallus97 This is what my Rad VII is getting in PPD with Core 22 ATM and it's slowly going up.

PPD - Core 22.jpg

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

10 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

@Metallus97 This is what my Rad VII is getting in PPD with Core 22 ATM and it's slowly going up.

PPD - Core 22.jpg

Seems a bit low... is that win 7?

Yes it is.

I don't do alot of folding, just whenever I'm able.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

2 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Yes it is.

I don't do alot of folding, just whenever I'm able.

Bro, seriously GET WIN10

security etc. and I also guess that is what is holding your  GPU back from scoring better...

I'm looking into Linux here as the way to go with it.
May work fine, maybe not but no problem for me to try it and see.

4 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

I used Ubuntu. Also have it as a USB boot ;)

On 2/3/2020 at 7:34 PM, Beerzerker said:

For running F@H on linux, @Gorgon is your man. He's got quite a few guides on that.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25