60fps vs 144hz

Yuvraj Mann

I know i know very repetitive question, but i'm not looking to be a better gamer but better eye experience, i came here after watching all the comparison videos but how much difference it makes between 60hz vs 144hz? Will i say OMG YES !! Can any person with experience confirm this?

NOTE: currently i have 24inch 75hz ips 1ms monitor

Honestly you should go to a near by store and experience it yourself.

For me, i don't notice it too much. I'm generally more focused on the game than on the framerate.

On my phone i DO notice the jump from 60 to 90hz (One Plus 7 Pro) but i use that literally all the time.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I didn’t notice much but I guess that’s what you get for moving to freesync and 144hz at the same time.

I tried setting back down to 60 but it didn’t make any difference to my skill, I still made all the normal mistakes I make.

I went from 5ms 60hz 22in no freesync to 24in 144hz 1ms freesync. I couldn’t tell tbh but I haven’t gone back the other way fully to my 8 year old monitor so I have never made the direct comparison.

Despite no discernible difference I would still recommend getting a 144hz freesync monitor.

You won’t notice the difference unless you set the graphics settings too high. 

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

first time I saw it, 144Hz was immediately different, I'm talking day and night difference. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

After getting used to 144Hz it actually seems natural. But sigh loudly every time when have to use 60Hz. It just seems to skip frames.

Suggesting to test 144Hz somewhere side by side with 60Hz.

I edit my posts more often than not

It really seems like this thread has two conflicting sides. So a good answer in my eyes (ha) is that it's going to be different for everyone since two people are saying they didn't see it much and two others said they saw it. I personally saw a huge difference, with 144hz being much smoother than 60hz that I had to get used to it.

@FloRolf is right, go try it for yourself.

I often see 144hz panels on laptops in my local costco. Best Buy, microcenter, and Fry's will also have them but costco always had both for comparison.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Depends on the person. The same people that either didn't notice or cant notice aren't gonna be the type that need or want it. 

I don't need it but wouldn't play without it again. Just another handicap. I imagine the people on the bottom of the score boards fall in the category of not noticing. 

Its a world of difference for a fast pace game such as a first person shooter. Even more so for online play. Im sure playing gta or some other which are much slower and less skill based would really benefit from it.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Does it make a difference in your ability when playing games?  I can't personally say as I've not been able to experience it in that capacity.  However, I have been able to observe games and even just general desktop use, as well as get hands-on with the desktop, and I will say that visually, it's night and day different.  Mathematically, 144 is to 60 as 60 is to 25, and subjectively, I'd say that seems about right in terms of feel.  Just scrolling the start menu or a web page, or moving a window around feels and looks so nice.  With that said (and this may come as a surprise or seem counter intuitive) in some games, I don't notice that much of a change.  Certainly for some it's as big a deal as anything I said above, but for others, the difference doesn't jump out to me as much.  I think it's a combination of how much (and what type) of movement the game involves, as well as a "getting used to it" factor.  The latter is part of the reason I haven't upgraded myself (the other being price).  I know if I went for it I'd not be able to go back, and I already hate having to deal with 30 fps content, so the last thing I want is to get into a situation where even 60 fps is insufferable for me.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.