What is the max speed of M.2 drive, which brand is that?

Tiffanysinyee
Go to solution Solved by Mateyyy,
21 minutes ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

I gather that's just a moderate performer.

The difference between a mid-range NVMe SSD and a fairly high-end one in day to day use will be minimal, if noticeable at all. The speeds advertised by the manufacturers are sequential read/write speeds anyway, not really representative of real world usage, relating to the title of your post. But if that's really that important to you, you could check out Samsung's 970 PRO, WD's Black or Corsair's new Gen 4 PCIe drive (MP600 I believe it's called) if you've got a PCI-E 4.0 equipped motherboard (X570).

As said in the topic.

Do you mean Title? Your Topic says what I just quoted.

There are many different makes & models. With PCI_e Gen 4 out there are PCI_e SSD's pushing close to 5GB/s (~5,000MB/s). Currently advertised by Corsair but I can't say if it is the current fastest just fairly recent.

6 minutes ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

What is the max speed of M.2 drive, which brand is that?

M.2 is just the connector, the drive can still be SATA or NVME. Your question should be, what is the maximum speed of an NVME-drive?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

Do you mean Title? Your Topic says what I just quoted.

There are many different makes & models. With PCI_e Gen 4 out there are PCI_e SSD's pushing close to 5GB/s (~5,000MB/s). Currently advertised by Corsair but I can't say if it is the current fastest just fairly recent.

I m looking a Transcend, but I am not sure if 3.5GR/2.5W is the max

Just now, WereCatf said:

M.2 is just the connector, the drive can still be SATA or NVME. Your question should be, what is the maximum speed of an NVME-drive?

Sorry I mean the NVMe, just like to save a SATA connection, I hate cables!

1 minute ago, UrbanFreestyle said:

You can get SATA M.2 sticks.

Yeah, what brands/models you recommend?

13 minutes ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

As said in the topic.

If you're looking for speed for your dollar, the Intel 660p is a good choice.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

If you're looking for speed for your dollar, the Intel 660p is a good choice.

6 minutes ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

From where, and compared to what?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

21 minutes ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

The difference between a mid-range NVMe SSD and a fairly high-end one in day to day use will be minimal, if noticeable at all. The speeds advertised by the manufacturers are sequential read/write speeds anyway, not really representative of real world usage, relating to the title of your post. But if that's really that important to you, you could check out Samsung's 970 PRO, WD's Black or Corsair's new Gen 4 PCIe drive (MP600 I believe it's called) if you've got a PCI-E 4.0 equipped motherboard (X570).

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC