Have Austin Evans on the WAN tonight for a few....APT burned....

BoseEinstein

Why not have Austin Evans on the WAN tonight just for a few minutes? ....Since his APARTMENT burned down!

Austin was very, very lucky! Thank God, for Austin is an exceptionally talented individual with a future without limits! 

It's always a shame when there is a fire and material possessions are lost but lets be happy that everyone got out alive.

There was a fire in Belgium and unfortunately two Irish students, who were on placement did not get out in time and both lost their lives.  Aged 19 and 22.

Nothing to see here - move along.

Man, that is really sad. But thank goodness he made it out just in time if it weren't for the screaming neighbours. I can't believe how fast that fire can bring down a whole apartment.  But it's enlightening to see him still in a fairly good mood although deep down inside only he knows the pain he is going through now. Let's hope he can get find a new home soon and continue with his tech passion.

Bad Idea. He will need about 3 weeks just to deal with the insurance company, buy new clothes, and just deal with reality. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

But in all seriousness I hope Austin will be okay. He's a great youtube personality and just an awesome person in general. Hope he'll get on the WAN Show someday.

I think he will need to take a break, to get his life organized again.

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

I think he will need to take a break, to get his life organized again.

and stop record everything his doing:D. If i were there i would dig in that "rest of the building" for some electronics like that Ipad he found:D i maybe find a GTx 780 TI:D well cooked and crushed lol

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Dam that sucks. Glad he is ok. Insurance can replace all of the gear. Glad no one was hurt. 

AMD 1700X// Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 // Geil DDR4 3200 // Gigabyte Aorus 1080//  Samsung 128GB 840 Pro SSD(OS)// Seagate Barracuda 1TB(games&docs)//

Cool Master Stacker 935//  LG Ultrawide 34UM95//  XSPC 360 Liquid Cooling//

Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard//  Corsair M65RGB//  Xonar DX//  Audio Technica ATH A900X// Blue Snowball Mic(Tandy POP filter)  

But in all seriousness I hope Austin will be okay. He's a great youtube personality and just an awesome person in general. Hope he'll get on the WAN Show someday.

Aye: It's been a rough month for youtubers, extremely so.

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's always a shame when there is a fire and material possessions are lost but lets be happy that everyone got out alive.

There was a fire in Belgium and unfortunately two Irish students, who were on placement did not get out in time and both lost their lives.  Aged 19 and 22.

Yup, just read about that too, fire is such a horrible thing :S

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Makes me think of getting a fireproof safe.

I dunno... Even if there was a fireproof safe in that building (or one of those fireproof NAS things Linus has shown), it seems like it would have been damaged by the building collapsing and then being bulldozed, or at least be incredibly difficult to find.

Can he get an RMA on his house?  Jokes aside, i think he should do a fundraiser stream, id be willing to help him out and I think so would a lot of other people. He seemed like he was so dazed and hadn't yet had time to except what just happened in his latest video.  I wish him all the best though, and hope he can get straight back up his feet again!!  Such a good personality with such great videos, makes me sad to see him lose everything except his phone and a laptop.  I would be devastated at loosing all that.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Hm... I wonder if he had insurance.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Yes, it does suck and I wish him a speedy recovery, but I'm sure he is very grateful that he got out of there safely.

I got in a car wreak a couple of years ago and really destroyed my car. When I managed to get out I was so in shock about how I just ruined my car. Then the driver who hit me said, "I'm glad your alright, it wouldn't have been pretty if it would have been a couple of seconds difference." Then I realized screw my car I'm happy to still be alive and not seriously hurt.

Now, I didn't lose everything I had like Austin, but I realized it was more important that I had my life. Luckily I had insurance and in a couple of months I had found me another car. I'm sure in a couple of months he will gain back a good bit of the things he lost. I truly wish him the the best, and it seems like he is taking it pretty well.

i am sure that this will be in the WAN show.

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Yeah this needs to be a subject to talk but I think thats is just not the right is so soon, he still needs to see the reality of it

f

I feel so bad for him.  :(  It wouldn't be me making that video with such a happy face. Sure hope he has insurance.

i'm a potato