Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

This isn't for build suggestions, this is for As Fast As Possible episodes. Anyway, on topic, Linux as fast as possible?

oh, my bad soz

3 minutes ago, Daring said:

This isn't for build suggestions, this is for As Fast As Possible episodes. Anyway, on topic, Linux as fast as possible?

but is it a good idea?

Just now, TheCODclown25 said:

oh, my bad soz

No problem. I see you're new here, so don't worry about it too much. You'll learn your way around here soon enough.

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

No problem. I see you're new here, so don't worry about it too much. You'll learn your way around here soon enough.

hey is there a friends list or something since you seem like a nice guy. oh and thanks  

On 4/25/2013 at 5:11 PM, LinusTech said:

The old thread in the vBulletin forum got lost in the migration (don't worry I still have access to it and I'll still look at it) so I'm creating a new one.

Guidelines

1. Video should be possible to watch in 1-2 minutes.
 2. No elaborate props. If we can't shoot it in the white box with a couple of demonstrative pieces, it's probably not feasible.
 3. Keep it simple! The idea here is to simplify computer concepts to the point where your mom can understand it. Not looking for "how to peel the ramspreaders off your memory"

I will read these suggestions, but I may not reply to this thread very often. That doesn't mean I'm not paying attention, it just means I'm busy creating lots of new video content 

If you haven't heard of Tech Quickie, it's another YouTube channel we run for paid content and the ever-popular "Fast As Possible" series.

Techquickie's channel - YouTube

Learn about the latest cool technology in only a couple minutes! Hosted by Linus Sebastian

How about the history of the AMD/Intel sockets?Have been waiting for it expecting you would make it but nope...

8 hours ago, Redturtle098 said:

What is CLI and what is GUI

command line interface and graphical user interface

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

13 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

command line interface and graphical user interface

I meant that as a suggestion

:)

14 minutes ago, Redturtle098 said:

I meant that as a suggestion

:)

yeah but what more is there to it?  Like a history of it or something?  That would work I guess...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I'd love for you to cover why most consumer machines don't have multiple cpu's (for example, it'd be cheaper per performance mark to go for say three Intel G3258's over a i7-4790k). Or how multiple cpu's actually interact, either on a two cpu system, or on a supercomputer level.  

On an unrelated note, I love how this is a "Temporary Thread" that's been going for almost two years.

Console specs vs if you actually built a pc that was with those parts, like pricing, efficiency, longevity?

Nevermind realized the video already existed

Edited by bigblue

On 25/4/2013 at 5:11 PM, LinusTech said:

-snip-

SMP as fast as possible

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Different types of storage types, like USBs and Hard Drives and SSDs and the history behind each of them, and differences of how one is different than the other . I think this would be a good idea. 

Rendering Explained! What it actually is, and why it takes so long. Explain whether it relies on CPU/GPU performance, why it can take 20 minutes to render a picture but only 5 for a video. 

a MiniDisc as fast as possible

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.

MLG Explained 

lol no

Projectors explained

i like trains 🙂

1 hour ago, RMcVities said:

Rendering Explained! What it actually is, and why it takes so long. Explain whether it relies on CPU/GPU performance, why it can take 20 minutes to render a picture but only 5 for a video. 

Because those are completely different tasks; rendering a picture (as in 3D) is calculating every ray of light, where it reflected off of, what it's passed through, and so on, and since there has to be potentially many of these calculated for each of the millions of pixels on your screen, that's a lot of math.  Rendering a video (as in exporting from premiere or something like that) is not constructing the scene from scratch but basically just re-encoding it.  Think of it like converting a bitmap to a jpg, but thousands of them.

how to switch installation drive for programs or how to install windows