We Tried 50 Cheap Wireless Earbuds & Picked the BEST!

James

Buy Raycon E50 on Amazon: https://geni.us/8OMZ
Buy JBL Free X on Amazon: https://geni.us/y6aJO
Buy G-wack J29 on Amazon: https://geni.us/x9qU1
Buy SoundWhiz BioniQ on Amazon: https://geni.us/4zuI

We bought every pair of truly wireless earphones we could get from Amazon.com and compared them to find the best ones. You’re welcome.

https://youtu.be/a30Hnuzgr6s

Sorry, but useless review from the point where the pioneer were disqualified due to the size of the case. Size doesn´t matter for all of us, Automatically disqualifying because of that has nothing to do with a proper review. There is people using backpacks. I really wouldn´t mind the size, never leave home without my backpack.

And i really wish i wouldn´t need a review for wireless headphones. Effin industry and their hate for a headphone jack. I should get myself a MP3 player, so i don´t have to give those bastards my money.

I agree with pApA that the case size is far from a dealbreaker for me. In addition, it would've been cool to have a total list somewhere, so that I could see which ones were eliminated, and even in what stage. I've been considering the Galaxy Buds and was surprised not to hear them mentioned.

Did I miss them or were the Anker Soundcore line not included? I've been using mine since August, 2018 (checked amazon, the Liberty Lite model to be exact) and they've held up extremely well.

I take it all back, they made it pretty far. Still, recommend the Soundcore Liberty Lite's from Anker! A small case that charges them well, good sound isolation, and have lasted through hundreds of thousands of miles on planes, hundreds of miles running on trails and about everything I could throw at them. Sweat, dropped, and everything in between. I would definitely give them a recommendation. They've held up for almost a year now with good battery still, so I can at least give an anecdote on durability.

is it just me or are the JBL Free buds 150 for everyone? Are they available for only 100 bucks!?!

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG z370-H
  • RAM
    32gb 2400mhz Crucial Ballistx Red
  • GPU
    NVIDIA Founders Edition 2080 Super
  • Case
    INWIN 101
  • Storage
    Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 960 EVO, Seagate 1tb BarraCuda. Seagate 2tb Barracuda, Sandisk 480gb SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA NEX 750w
  • Display(s)
    Alienware 240hz Freesync
    OMEN by HP 144hz Freesync
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i
  • Keyboard
    Anne Pro 2
  • Mouse
  • G PRO Wireless
  • Operating System
  • Windows 10 Pro
    • Headphones
      • ATH 900x
  • Phones & Tablets
    • Daily Carry
      • Razer Phone 2
      • Iphone 7 for business
    • Content
      • Samsung Note 8
      • Ipad 9.7 inch 2018
      • Ipad Mini 2

16 minutes ago, CreightonBarrel said:

I agree with pApA that the case size is far from a dealbreaker for me. In addition, it would've been cool to have a total list somewhere, so that I could see which ones were eliminated, and even in what stage. I've been considering the Galaxy Buds and was surprised not to hear them mentioned.

That's most likely because of their price coming in just over at 127$ (On Amazon, Samsung.com is 130) so they don't qualify. I would like to see a comparison between the Galaxy Buds and these cheaper ones, as their price point is so similar.

This is legitimately one of the most useful (for me) videos LTT has done. I'm the guy that's described at the beginning, except instead of buying airpods, I've bought nothing.

Keep up the good work, James.

This is nice and all, but every single pair of earbuds tested use rubber eat tips. Rubber ear tips do not stay in my ears. I cannot wear earbuds that use rubber tips. Size doesn't matter. They always fall out within a few seconds. Are there any wireless earbuds other than AirPods and direct AirPods knockoffs that don't use rubber tips?

This episode sounded great through my AirPods

Great for me since I just got screwed on the Anroog A10s. I think I'm just going to suck it up and get the FREEXs but worried since its through harmon instead of amazon.  Pulled the trigger though cause I need it in my life

Wanted to help LTT by using affiliate link but I'd rather buy some merch than spend an extra 50 on my headphones. 

3 hours ago, Isvvc said:

This is nice and all, but every single pair of earbuds tested use rubber eat tips. Rubber ear tips do not stay in my ears. I cannot wear earbuds that use rubber tips. Size doesn't matter. They always fall out within a few seconds. Are there any wireless earbuds other than AirPods and direct AirPods knockoffs that don't use rubber tips?

These have earhooks and superior audio codec support, and of course they can't fall far.

TaoTronics TT-BH072 aptX HD Audio 14 Hours

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7D95FF/

The chinese and bluetooth chipset makers competitors still don't have a real answer to airpods.  I've been watching the endless stream of airpod clones, they have almost every feature matched at this point, except for battery life and codec support.  2 hours is a long way from 14, so no dice.  All the rest of the cheap competitors are ear nuggets, irritating, and it doesn't matter what tips they use because they stick out so far, even if they stay in, you are always aware of their bulk.

Perfect timing, finally got a phone 4 days ago

✨FNIGE✨

is it odd i am useing amazon basice wirelese ear buds the one with both side conted can't  lose one 

Wireless ear buds will just never cut it for some. I've yet to hear a better set of headphones than Sony's XB700 cans. You would have to rip them from my cold dead hands.

BTW: I use these with two different DACs - one is a TEAC UD-503 paired to my desktop system connected via optical, the other a portable TEAC HA-P50 paired with an iPhone SE with the TEAC HiRes Audio player app. Yeah, I'm an old school audiophile ?

XB700.jpg

The title is SUPER misleading. Many of the models are not cheap by any measure. And truly value models like the Redmi Airdots were not included. It's like the writers just picked cheap junk and expensive alternatives to Airpods. I don't know who wrote this piece, but if I could dislike the video 100 times, I would have

Loved the video and the parodies - absolutely the best we should have more of that lol ? - but the first elimination round was kinda… iffy…? I mean what if any of those had better sound and better battery life? Or even better fit but got tossed for… what reason again…? ?

Or maybe it was just part of the joke - probably ? - as the finalists really seems like the best of the bunch.

Anyway it was entertaining and that's what I came here for so kudos! :D

Are there even any shaped like AirPods? I hate this silicone shit being stuck into my ears. And everyone seems to be doing only this and nothing else...

19 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

And i really wish i wouldn´t need a review for wireless headphones. Effin industry and their hate for a headphone jack. I should get myself a MP3 player, so i don´t have to give those bastards my money.

Get the LG G7, G8, V40, or V50 smartphone then. They actually put a high quality dac in the phone to play your music and what ever else well. V series is the larger phones, personally I want one.  https://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/v50-thinq-5g/

17 hours ago, Isvvc said:

5 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Are there even any shaped like AirPods? I hate this silicone shit being stuck into my ears. And everyone seems to be doing only this and nothing else...

Isvvc and RejZoR you actually have options when it comes to not using the silicone in ear tips. 

1A: Well, there's multiple different types of tips first of all. Foam, silicone, rubber and in different shapes and styles. For foam, which are nice and soft, I do like more firm foam cuz they don't break as easily. 

1B: There is also custom made ear tips. Companies will either scan your ear canal or use a mold. Usually this is done for In Ear Monitors, mostly for artists but can be done for any buds technically, but usually in ear monitors. This is expensive to do though. Here is Mee Audio's custom ear tips, which they make for the in ear monitors that go from $50 to over $100 depending on which ones you get. I have tried their M6 $50 ones and for that price they sound GREAT! you can get bluetooth attachment for them. Here is an article about custom made tips 

Here is a great guide on ear tips from silicon, foam, to custom tips. DEF read this one.

2. There is also a type of headphones that use bone conduction to bring sound vibration to your ear bone. It's really cool. Nothing goes in your ear. https://www.amazon.com/AfterShokz-Conduction-Headphones-Reflective-AS600SG-BR/dp/B07G3JMPBZ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1S0OEGWEXCEMC&keywords=wireless+bone+conduction&qid=1564063057&s=wireless&sprefix=wireless+bone%2Cmobile%2C186&sr=1-4

3. Also, there are these types. Basically, it's a speaker that goes in front of your ear instead of inside of your ear. A few cheap ones of these out there. I've tried the sun glasses, similar to these, that have speakers built into the frame and they actually sound fine. Idk about these cheap ones. But another options. 

https://www.amazon.com/Leegoal-Bluetooth-Headphones-Cancelling-Microphone/dp/B07GVBRX7N/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=Non+Ear+Plug&qid=1564063296&s=wireless&sr=1-7

Peronsally, this video could have been slip into 3 videos.

1. We tested 50 cheap Buds, here are the ones that SUCKED!!

2. We tested 50 cheap Buds, these were OK!

3. We tested 50 cheap Buds, here are the top 10!

Ok, maybe at least "These ones SUCKED" and "Top 10" 

There just wasn't a lot of info besides "These top 4 were actually good. The others sucked so what ever." I just want a bit more detail. Didn't do a good job displaying them either. I'd have to go back and look at exactly which ones were in there and which ones you didn't even talk about.

If you can't give me more detail in 1 video then make more. Ill watch all 3. ESPECIALLY if you did gags like in this video for the ones that SUCKED and were only ok. Then go a bit deeper into why the good ones were good. Maybe at least 2

Signed in just for this : Could you start putting the music credits in your videos ?

Because I really wanna know what background music you used for 'Round 2 : Interface', it sounds super great, and it's pretty annoying to have to search for it.

Also while I'm here, this is a really great piece of content. I'm looking forward to see more audiophile stuff from you James

Note to LTT staff: I need headphones that can be worn discreetly at work in a place they're forbidden (HR is run by tyrants, and this place is horribly noisy at times, and excessive sound + me mixes about as well as Sodium and water). Perhaps discuss means of keeping headphones concealed when in use, or modifications that can be done to make them more difficult to see.

Such a video would be extremely useful to me. Please and thank you. ?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…