5 hours of pc daily

zindan
Just now, Tristerin said:

At work atm doing the things I don't want to lol

Perhaps later tonight I will message you.  I have addiction problems like a lot of people.  To beat them I have to remove them, because I recognize I lack self control. 

Well pc isn't my only addiction and probably not even the worst... I am addicted to.. well, not quite drugs, although it feels like a drug. Like a natural drug. You probably know what I mean. Add me on discord if you wish to talk further when you got time. Appreciate it. 

Zindan#3469

16 minutes ago, zindan said:

Well pc isn't my only addiction and probably not even the worst... I am addicted to.. well, not quite drugs, although it feels like a drug. Like a natural drug. You probably know what I mean. Add me on discord if you wish to talk further when you got time. Appreciate it. 

Zindan#3469

pr0n

Throw away your PC, and phone.  Live in nature and in the moment for 21 days and you will find yourself clear headed and on the right path.  It takes 21 days to get an edge over the chemical reaction created when you are addicted.

Im Tristerin on Discord, don't know my # though

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Regarding addiction, the point of view of a family member who saw not 1 but 2 people of my immediate family being addicts, it's a complex problem, more often than not it's too easy to say "it's not my fault ! I'm an addict !"

Yes, addicts have a predisposition, a tendency, a need...

But when you are on the slope, you also have a choice...

The more you feed the beast, the stronger the beast becomes!

The stronger the beast is, the harder it is to resist it.

Until you have no control left at all over it.

It destroys you, it destroys your family, it destroys everything.

And the harsh lesson I've learned, Family members are the LAST ones who can help an addict!

Because there is love and there is hurt and there is hope and there is shame...

And an addict will be ready to do anything to feed the addiction when he has lost control

ANYTHING! Cheat, lie, steal, destroy, hurt, ANY-THING!

The only person who can do something to help you is yourself! Muster some will, bite the wood strongly and resist!

It's unbearable at first, and it won't be any easier with time!

Once an addict, always an addict! But at least you learn to resist!

I'm truly sorry for you...

I'm sure there is the equivalent of an AAA for your addiction where you live. Go there and talk with others who know what you feel.

But don't do that here, don't do that on Discord.

You MUST confront what you are now IRL and to have others project to you the image of what you are.

And I will ask you only one question! Don't answer me! Don't answer at all ! Keep that question in yourself and find your answer for yourself one day!

The question: What are you afraid of?

Edited by Guest

44 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

pr0n

Throw away your PC, and phone.  Live in nature and in the moment for 21 days and you will find yourself clear headed and on the right path.  It takes 21 days to get an edge over the chemical reaction created when you are addicted.

Im Tristerin on Discord, don't know my # though

That's kinda required to add people. :) I like the way you are thinking, I need that.

39 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Regarding addiction, the point of view of a family member who saw not 1 but 2 people of my immediate family being addicts, it's a complex problem, more often than not it's too easy to say "it's not my fault ! I'm an addict !"

Yes, addicts have a predisposition, a tendency, a need...

But when you are on the slope, you also have a choice...

The more you feed the beast, the stronger the beast becomes!

The stronger the beast is, the harder it is to resist it.

Until you have no control left at all over it.

It destroys you, it destroys your family, it destroys everything.

And the harsh lesson I've learned, Family members are the LAST ones who can help an addict!

Because there is love and there is hurt and there is hope and there is shame...

And an addict will be ready to do anything to feed the addiction when he has lost control

ANYTHING! Cheat, lie, steal, destroy, hurt, ANY-THING!

The only person who can do something to help you is yourself! Muster some will, bite the wood strongly and resist!

It's unbearable at first, and it won't be any easier with time!

Once an addict, always an addict! But at least you learn to resist!

I'm truly sorry for you...

I'm sure there is the equivalent of an AAA for your addiction where you live. Go there and talk with others who know what you feel.

But don't do that here, don't do that on Discord.

You MUST confront what you are now IRL and to have others project to you the image of what you are.

And I will ask you only one question! Don't answer me! Don't answer at all ! Keep that question in yourself and find your answer for yourself one day!

The question: What are you afraid of?

I appreciate you telling me this. 

Don't be sorry.

There is no AAA for my addiction, the retards here encourage this kind of stuff. Typical ignorance of Swedish medical field. 

2 minutes ago, zindan said:

There is no AAA for my addiction, the retards here encourage this kind of stuff. Typical ignorance of Swedish medical field. 

Then ask for authorization to join a regular AAA.

You need mentoring. You need to have someone IRL to who you can talk to. Someone who will understand. Someone who will NOT be fooled by the way you will try to fool him and yourself at the same time.

And that someone can't be someone who "knows" you, not family member, no lover (if you have one). Someone who knows the fires you will experience because he went through the same parh.

And I say "he" because of your primary ( ? Secondary ? ) addiction.

That person must not be a woman. Fo obvious reasons.

6 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Then ask for authorization to join a regular AAA.

You need mentoring. You need to have someone IRL to who you can talk to. Someone who will understand. Someone who will NOT be fooled by the way you will try to fool him and yourself at the same time.

And that someone can't be someone who "knows" you, not family member, no lover (if you have one). Someone who knows the fires you will experience because he went through the same parh.

And I say "he" because of your primary ( ? Secondary ? ) addiction.

That person must not be a woman. Fo obvious reasons.

I would love to, although It's expensive I would love to talk to someone like that but it's expensive. So yeah.. It's like 55$ an hour.. Like I can't afford that unfortunately.

i dont understand why people are so hostile geez you guys act like OP murdered your kittens or something or maybe you guys just want to wank off how much self control you have and feel superior.

https://www.lifewire.com/microsoft-family-safety-parental-controls-4153037

this might be what you are looking for

9 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

i dont understand why people are so hostile geez you guys act like OP murdered your kittens or something or maybe you guys just want to wank off how much self control you have and feel superior.

https://www.lifewire.com/microsoft-family-safety-parental-controls-4153037

this might be what you are looking for

Ahh, that's alright. I am not feeling offended.

I haven't read the thread so I apologize if this has already been said or is just not helpful,  but many studies have shown the more you learn to develop without modern tech (things like apps and personal assistants for time management and learning etc) the better you are long term with mental acuity, problem solving and thinking on your feet.  This will give you an advantage over your peers.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I haven't read the thread so I apologize if this has already been said or is just not helpful,  but many studies have shown the more you learn to develop without modern tech (things like apps and personal assistants for time management and learning etc) the better you are long term with mental acuity, problem solving and thinking on your feet.  This will give you an advantage over your peers.

I broke my phone because of addiciton. This is part of the reason for removing the pc.

On 7/19/2019 at 3:23 AM, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

just use a timer  or your mom

image.jpeg.708d52376a7e876327fa7fdbcd6033d6.jpeg

I realise this is a joke but this could not be any worse for a computer. They aren't meant to have power cut. It can corrupt data

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

6 minutes ago, zindan said:

I broke my phone because of addiciton. This is part of the reason for removing the pc.

Sorry to hear,  my last post applies to that as well,    Although I'll admit it's way too in depth of a topic to generalize about on forums.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Sorry to hear,  my last post applies to that as well,    Although I'll admit it's way too in depth of a topic to generalize about on forums.

you are probably right, I didn't mean for it to come to all this. I just wanted like a software that shows me like when I have played for 5 hours. Perhaps some big watch or something.

14 minutes ago, zindan said:

you are probably right, I didn't mean for it to come to all this. I just wanted like a software that shows me like when I have played for 5 hours. Perhaps some big watch or something.

The only thin I can think of is maybe getting a second monitor and have the window uptime clock running on it so you can glance every now and then.  You may miss the 5 hour mark but at least you can gauge close to it.

All the best.

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

The only thin I can think of is maybe getting a second monitor and have the window uptime clock running on it so you can glance every now and then.  You may miss the 5 hour mark but at least you can gauge close to it.

All the best.

Kay, thanks man. I'l work it out.

Well at work I sit in front of my pc round 9 hours ether on or reparing and at home I game for around 3 hours every day ......

On 7/19/2019 at 3:25 AM, zindan said:

I prefer a software.

Then you lack the ability to manage your time properly... a piece of software is not going to solve a mental/emotional issue that you need to work on.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

5 hours ago, -Kriss- said:

Throwing away everything in your life because youre tempted by it is not a solution, there might come a time where this is not an option. You might as well go full ascetic then.

Its seems like you have absolutley no self controll. Learn to do things in moderation.

That's a little inaccurate. I do have self control but not in all areas. This is NOT equivalent to not having "absolutley no self control".

Just tell me which potion I need to drink for this to stop and I'l do it...

On 7/18/2019 at 11:40 PM, ARikozuM said:

shutdown -s -a -t 18001

Add this to Notepad and save as "Defcon 5.bat". 

It is very important to save as a [dot]BAT file to ensure that it goes into command line. 

Edit: Please note that this will shut you down immediately. You will have no alert. If you'd like to make a batch file for a five-hour text alert followed by a five-minute shutdown timer, I could certainly do that as well. 

I've used this command before and the only reason is scares me is that if windows is updating.....

11 minutes ago, xArcticViperx said:

I've used this command before and the only reason is scares me is that if windows is updating.....

If Windows is updating, this should not take effect in much the same way that Outlook or Steam syncing or Autodesk asking to save would block you. Though I could be a dick and have it restart the computer. 

Spoiler

I wonder if I could toss the user into the BIOS... ? ?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers