Hey, not be OC'ing anything at all.

i7-3770

Stock cooler

GIGABYTE GA-PA64-UD3-B3

4x2 kingston DDR3

120gb SSD for OS

500gb for HDD

Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB

an optical drive (I can remove it if I need to)

20190416_135016.jpg

Probably will work, although that is 430W not 500W

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Yes, 500 watts will be plenty. although that PSU looks like it's seen some better days.

edit: according to someone else it's 430 watts. 

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

1 minute ago, Adorable Cat said:

Yes, 500 watts will be plenty. although that PSU looks like it's seen some better days.

edit: according to someone else it's 430 watts. 

It's rated to 432W on the 12V, but marketed here as 500W. Will still work

4 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Probably will work, although that is 430W not 500W

It's a 500W power supply with 432W available on +12V. ;)

I would throw it away because it doesn't say if it's peak or continuous 'MAX' output.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

I just don't want to burn my entire house ?

And should I get a 6 to 8 pin adaptor to plug it in the 970?

2 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

I would throw it away because it doesn't say if it's peak or continuous 'MAX' output.

That is what I was afraid of, 

Ok well do you know the best budget Psu to buy just for this specific build no OC or any future upgrade?? Since it is a very cheap used build I got, I dont want to spend alot on an overkill PSU that takes a huge fraction of the cost for nothing.

4 minutes ago, Supernaturalz said:

I just to want to burn my entire house ?

no you should just buy a new powersupply 

a bad but Cheap oprion https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Certified-Continuous-cooling-PS-SPD-0500NPCWUS-W/dp/B014W3EM2W/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=500w+PSU&qid=1555426777&s=gateway&sr=8-3

a decent but a but more expensive option https://www.amazon.com/ROSEWILL-Computer-Glacier-Certified-Warranty/dp/B00S8NO7OQ/ref=sr_1_20?keywords=500w+PSU&qid=1555426997&s=gateway&sr=8-20

1 minute ago, Supernaturalz said:

I just to want to burn my entire house ?,

if you want to be safe, go buy a new PSU. anything teir B and up on here is a good choice:

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

This is the same or similar construction to what used to be inside first- or second-generation Corsair CX units. It's group regulated, old, doesn't handle transients well and doesn't use really reliable materials and components, so it's highly likely it will cause problems with your graphics card or provide unstable or inappropriate voltage.

How about a Corsair CX/CXM (the new versions, so not the green text shit) or a seasonic focus?

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

That is pretty bad

its better then what he has and its only $37.00 

Just now, ELSknutson said:

its better then what he has and its only $37.00 

It's worse than what he has. Prebuilts come with better shit than that.

To recap:

i7-3770

Stock cooler

GIGABYTE GA-PA64-UD3-B3

4x2gb 1330mhz kingston DDR3

*(Going to add a new MX500 250gb SSD)*

500gb WD Green

*(I MAY add a 3tb Seagate 7200rpm HDD, not sure yet)*

Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB 

Optical drive (I May remove it with a new case upgrade)

3 120mm normal led fans (Currently installed)

*May add some budget rgb case fans (120mm or 140mm) in the future with new case*

I will sell this current prebuilt Gigabyte 500w in the picture and get a new PSU. There will be 0 Upgrade other than the above parts.

Please note that this is a cheap used prebuilt system that will only be used for 1080p gaming, nothing extreme will be done, maybe in the future some 1080p video editing as a hobby not sure, so definately dont want the PSU to bite a huge chunk from the overall budget.

So I totally want to go the most budget with good headroom for psu to breath some normal stress but not go to "Unsafe" levels . I want a PSU that is "enough" and "Safe" to run this config above with NO future upgrade path. So I want the most logical choice in this psu list.

1- https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Certified-Continuous-cooling-PS-SPD-0500NPCWUS-W/dp/B014W3EM2W/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=thermaltake%2Bsmart&qid=1555508911&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&th=1

2- https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Certified-Continuous-Active-PS-SPD-0700NPCWUS-W/dp/B014W3EMAO/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=thermaltake%2Bsmart&qid=1555508911&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1

3- https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Certified-Continuous-cooling-PS-SPD-0500NPCWUS-W/dp/B014W3EAX8/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=thermaltake%2Bsmart&qid=1555508911&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&th=1

4- https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-WHITE-Warranty-Supply-100-W1-0500-KR/dp/B00H33SFJU/ref=sr_1_48?keywords=power+supply&qid=1555508994&s=gateway&sr=8-48

5- https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Crossfire-Continuous-Non-Modular-PS-SPR-0550NHFABU-1/dp/B07HKL8JQF/ref=sr_1_58?keywords=power+supply&qid=1555509018&s=gateway&sr=8-58

6- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078HJ2RCW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Every PSU you've listed is a sidegrade or even a DOWNgrade from your current Gigabyte.

Do you buy components from USA stores or some other country?

On 4/16/2019 at 10:47 AM, Supernaturalz said:

Hey, not be OC'ing anything at all.

i7-3770

Stock cooler

GIGABYTE GA-PA64-UD3-B3

4x2 kingston DDR3

120gb SSD for OS

500gb for HDD

Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB

an optical drive (I can remove it if I need to)

20190416_135016.jpg

This is a straight rebrand of a Channel Well Technology DSA500V platform. It looks like this DSA500S variant is a lower-end model, as there is no mention of 80+ while both DSA500V units are listed as 80+ white. The DSA platform was less than decent budget-tier stuff in its day, and this lower-end version of it from a hit-or-miss manufacturer scares me almost as much as that gash down the side does. Its "day" was 2008, possibly earlier, based upon this JohnnyGURU forum post. So you have a low-end, made in China unit from a sketchy OEM built at the tail end of the Great Capacitor Plague with a gash down the side.

I'd replace it with a modern PSU ASAP. It's a time bomb.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 hour ago, OrionFOTL said:

Every PSU you've listed is a sidegrade or even a DOWNgrade from your current Gigabyte.

Do you buy components from USA stores or some other country?

I live overseas outside of USA, so I got to buy it from Amazon USA Warehouse, that is my best bet. 

But I am shocked that the PSU's I listed are not an upgrade after 11 years.. 

59 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

This is a straight rebrand of a Channel Well Technology DSA500V platform. It looks like this DSA500S variant is a lower-end model, as there is no mention of 80+ while both DSA500V units are listed as 80+ white. The DSA platform was less than decent budget-tier stuff in its day, and this lower-end version of it from a hit-or-miss manufacturer scares me almost as much as that gash down the side does. Its "day" was 2008, possibly earlier, based upon this JohnnyGURU forum post. So you have a low-end, made in China unit from a sketchy OEM built at the tail end of the Great Capacitor Plague with a gash down the side.

I'd replace it with a modern PSU ASAP. It's a time bomb.

Sure, will do very soon

What do I look for in a PSU? Like basic stuff. For example the 12v should be V1 V2 or only 1? and how many amps is better? how many watts? Like the basic for me 

In a PSU you look for good voltage regulation (like using DC-DC converters on the secondary side), not much ripple, good transient response which doesn't make problems with graphics cards, components that won't die soon (good transistors, diodes, capacitors, fan), and properly working protections. There's also some more factors of varying degree of importance that I haven't mentioned.

Looking at a label will do you no good, because labels don't tell such things. All those things you can only check in detailed reviews like on Tom's Hardware, TechPowerUP, KitGuru or ComputerBase, or ask people who already read PSU reviews as a hobby.

Is it really better for you to buy a PSU in USA's Amazon than in your own country? If it's really like this, then you should try to get cheap good units such as Corsair CX450 or CX450M.

On 4/16/2019 at 4:58 PM, Supernaturalz said:

Nope, in that case you'd want to replace the PSU.

Also it might be an older Gigabyte, wich is around 10 Years old or so...

So just replace it with something good.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

How is a used Corsair GS700? i can get it in a good deal today

14 minutes ago, Supernaturalz said:

How is a used Corsair GS700? i can get it in a good deal today

You can just wait for evga midweek madness, they sell everything cheap there 

3 minutes ago, Oalei said:

You can just wait for evga midweek madness, they sell everything cheap there 

I live outside US, so shipping is really expensive