AMD Releases NEW Ryzen Embedded CPUs today. "3X performance per watt..."

The Benjamins
5 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Or maybe... Just maybe... People are tired of it. When LTT switched to those annoying run-of-the-mill exaggerated thumbnails half were fine with and half were showing their displeasure.

If it was at least humorous I'd let it slide but when it serves no purpose that's when the pitchforks come out. You could at least add a titty thumbnail if we're going down that route. 

so what is so bad about my title?

its 100% factual, 100% accurate, 100% real information from AMD.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

11 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

so what is so bad about my title?

its 100% factual, 100% accurate, 100% real information from AMD.

You've edited the title. And we've been through it already. Only reason I'm even responding to you in the first place is because you've admitted it was bait earlier and now you're basically going like "lol y u mad bro - it's just a prank" in the sense that you don't understand why people get annoyed by the antics (or rather act like you don't understand while trying to poke the people criticising you for it). Either it is or it isn't bait. I don't assume we're dealing with a Schrodinger's cat scenario.

Bait doesn't mean it's a lie. Most often click bait is accurate, more or less, albeit often misleading or exaggerated in some ways. 

Let's dispel this notion that you don't know what you're doing. You know exactly what you're doing.

9 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

You've edited the title. And we've been through it already. Only reason I'm even responding to you in the first place is because you've admitted it was bait earlier and now you're basically going like "lol y u mad bro - it's just a prank" in the sense that you don't understand why people get annoyed by the antics (or rather act like you don't understand while trying to poke the people criticising you for it). Either it is or it isn't bait. I don't assume we're dealing with a Schrodinger's cat scenario.

Bait doesn't mean it's a lie. Most often click bait is accurate, more or less, albeit often misleading or exaggerated in some ways. 

Let's dispel this notion that you don't know what you're doing. You know exactly what you're doing.

I changed it due to to many people being mad at my reasonable title.

If people can't handle AMD release a new CPU other then they one they expect that is not my fault. we know there is 4 expected CPU categories to launch this year.

My title was not misleading or exaggerated.

7 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

I changed it due to to many people being mad at my reasonable title.

If people can't handle AMD release a new CPU other then they one they expect that is not my fault. we know there is 4 expected CPU categories to launch this year.

My title was not misleading or exaggerated.

If that was the case then why would plead guilty to it being click bait earlier? 

You seem undecided as to where you're going with the shit posting. Either you lack experience or you lack discipline.

8 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

If that was the case then why would plead guilty to it being click bait earlier? 

You seem undecided as to where you're going with the shit posting. Either you lack experience or you lack discipline.

plead guilty, this isn't a trial.

I was expecting some people to overreact to my title, and I was fine with that, I didn't fluff my title to grab more clicks. I also responded in a light hearted manner to laugh off the point. I don't expect people to this sensitive over a non click bait title that people may have jumped to conclusions before reading the post.

People should use their brains and think about what they see. who honestly expects a big CPU announcement just before Computex and E3 at a time slot never used by the AMD for big announcements. 

Has people lost there critical thinking skills?

34 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

plead guilty, this isn't a trial.

I was expecting some people to overreact to my title, and I was fine with that, I didn't fluff my title to grab more clicks. I also responded in a light hearted manner to laugh off the point. I don't expect people to this sensitive over a non click bait title that people may have jumped to conclusions before reading the post.

People should use their brains and think about what they see. who honestly expects a big CPU announcement just before Computex and E3 at a time slot never used by the AMD for big announcements. 

Has people lost there critical thinking skills?

Wouldn't know. As previously stated, I knew it was bait the moment I saw the title. That doesn't mean I'm forgoing criticism. Your post is filled with contradictions by the way. 

If you expected certain reactions then it would indicate your post could or would mislead or give cause for ambiguous interpretation. If that is the case, then you're guilty of the click bait which as we've established you've plead guilty to previously. So how is it possible to at the same time say you're unaware of it and also have done no such thing?

If you write a clear concise title, there would be no criticism and there would be no way to interpret it but one. You failed on all accounts according to the scoreboard. Are you ready for your jail cell?

The world is still turning,  at least for most of us. ?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 hours ago, Trixanity said:

If you expected certain reactions then it would indicate your post could or would mislead or give cause for ambiguous interpretation. If that is the case, then you're guilty of the click bait which as we've established you've plead guilty to previously. So how is it possible to at the same time say you're unaware of it and also have done no such thing?

Knowing people will jump to a false assumption simply because it's a Ryzen processor release, because it's under the Ryzen product range and named as such, shouldn't make you jump through hoops to protect them. Not putting the word Embedded in the title yea fine that's playing on peoples assumptions you know will happen, so?

Was there many many tech publication Youtube videos, articles and/or press event? No, well then it's not a major release and everyone should know that. Getting excited and jumping in to a topic then getting disappointed that it's not what you wanted is not that bad, be disappointed but at least be self aware enough that a major contributor of that is yourself. It was still Ryzen processors and still delivers what was claimed product wise.

Clickbait isn't bad, that's literally what any writer wants, to get people to read what they wrote. Clickbait is bad when its a thumbnail of an attractive female and the video itself is completely unrelated.

And honestly even with 'Embedded' in the title from the start many, many people would have still assumed it was something much more than it was. "3 times the performance per watt, this I have to see" "Lame, it's an APU and only 2 cores".

6 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Clickbait isn't bad, that's literally what any writer wants, to get people to read what they wrote. Clickbait is bad when its a thumbnail of an attractive female and the video itself is completely unrelated.

YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT THIS CUSTOMER DID!

HE FOUND HIS SISTER; HER REACTIONS WILL LEAVE YOU IN SHOCK!!!

THEY DID WHAT? YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!!

Yeah clickbaits are bad. All of them. No excuses. We all get the principle behind it, but it's frustrating. I wish you understood my language so I could link you a satirical video. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

11 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT THIS CUSTOMER DID!

HE FOUND HIS SISTER; HER REACTIONS WILL LEAVE YOU IN SHOCK!!!

THEY DID WHAT? YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!!

Yeah clickbaits are bad. All of them. No excuses. We all get the principle behind it, but it's frustrating. I wish you understood my language so I could link you a satirical video. 

Clickbaits like that are bad sure, but the OP's wasn't click bait in that sense, it was merely about a different processor than what people wanted to read about.  Hell event he name of the processor is accurate and wasn't misrepresented.  

Fact of the matter is this is a non event, a non issue and some people have just got their panties bunched up like the world is ending over the lack of extra details in the title.   

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

15 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

No what people mean when they say clickbait is bad, not all clickbait is bad. That's the difference, all titles are bait, why would you title something in a way that would make people not want to read/watch or less likely to?

Are we going to pull out the clickbait claim for everything, or something so small? Seems dumb to me, everything here is exactly what it is. Unlike your example where in almost all likelihood will not "leave you in shock". Your example still highlights the actual problem, lies and exaggeration in the title. Can you point or a lie or exaggeration in this topics original title?

Just now, leadeater said:

No what people mean when they say clickbait is bad, not all clickbait is bad. That's the difference, all titles are bait, why would you title something in a way that would make people not want to read/watch or less likely to?

Are we going to pull out the clickbait claim for everything, or something so small? Seems dumb to me, everything here is exactly what it is. Unlike your example where in almost all likelihood will not "leave you in shock". Your example still highlights the actual problem, lies and exaggeration in the title. Can you point or a lie or exaggeration in this topics original title?

I am genuinely interested in what you think is a good clickbait title. I legit can not think of any.

Just now, Bouzoo said:

I am genuinely interested in what you think is a good clickbait title. I legit can not think of any.

Any title that makes you want to click and conveys what the video or article is about. "96 core monster destroys Cinebench", bet you'd click on that. Anyway such a pointless discussion, I know and understand what you are meaning and trying to say but no 'clickbait' is reserved for your example type not something that actually is what it says it is irrespective of what you wanted it to be.

Just now, leadeater said:

Any title that makes you want to click and conveys what the video or article is about. "96 core monster destroys Cinebench", bet you'd click on that. Anyway such a pointless discussion, I know and understand what you are meaning and trying to say but no 'clickbait' is reserved for your example type not something that actually is what it says it is irrespective of what you wanted it to be.

Ok ok, I see where you're doming from. I assume I am one of those people that associate it with negative titles. Anywho, we have derailed. If we continue this we'll have to report each other. 

37 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Knowing people will jump to a false assumption simply because it's a Ryzen processor release, because it's under the Ryzen product range and named as such, shouldn't make you jump through hoops to protect them. Not putting the word Embedded in the title yea fine that's playing on peoples assumptions you know will happen, so?

Was there many many tech publication Youtube videos, articles and/or press event? No, well then it's not a major release and everyone should know that. Getting excited and jumping in to a topic then getting disappointed that it's not what you wanted is not that bad, be disappointed but at least be self aware enough that a major contributor of that is yourself. It was still Ryzen processors and still delivers what was claimed product wise.

And honestly even with 'Embedded' in the title from the start many, many people would have still assumed it was something much more than it was. "3 times the performance per watt, this I have to see" "Lame, it's an APU and only 2 cores".

Whether people jump in with both legs is beside the point nor am I protecting them unless you mean to claim you're jumping in to protect the OP? Silly notion anyway.

So? Bad. It's perfectly possible to make a better title. It's just low effort shitposting. Shitposting is for the comment section and I don't think it's any secret I'm partaking gratuitously.

While I agree that one should always check multiple sources, it seems odd that it's a requirement to check multiple publications before going onto this forum in order to not have your leg pulled. One would think the rules in the news section was to prevent that. Maybe a review of them is on the to-do list then if that is not the case.

Clickbait is bad. You can't spin it into something positive just because you feel like it. A headline that attracts attention and therefore clicks isn't automatically clickbait which you seem to think. Otherwise we wouldn't need to make up a new term for it. In essence, good content sells itself. If people care about the subject, they'll read it. If not, make them care. If that still doesn't work, your content sucks.

Assuming the readers of this board are too stupid to either not read the title or not comprehend the word embedded is quite something. That's the second time in this thread and now from a moderator no less.

Got anything to back up your hypothesis? Does the forum software have some sort of AI that provides you with that kind of data? I'm not sure if we've given consent to that sort of data collection. Big if true.

14 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Clickbait is bad. You can't spin it into something positive just because you feel like it. A headline that attracts attention and therefore clicks isn't automatically clickbait which you seem to think.

Clickbait is a text or thumbnail link that is designed to entice users to follow that link and read, view, or listen to the linked piece of online content.[2][3] Click-bait headlines typically aim to exploit the "curiosity gap", providing just enough information to make readers of news websites curious, but not enough to satisfy their curiosity without clicking through to the linked content

By 2014, the ubiquity of clickbait on the web had begun to lead to a backlash against its use.[6][18] Satirical newspaper The Onion launched a new website, ClickHole, that parodied clickbait websites such as Upworthy and BuzzFeed,[19] and in August 2014, Facebook announced that it was taking technical measures to reduce the impact of clickbait on its social network,[20][21][22] using, among other cues, the time spent by the user on visiting the linked page as a way of distinguishing clickbait from other types of content.[23] Ad blockers and a general fall in advertising clicks also affected the clickbait model, as websites moved towards sponsored advertising and native advertising where the content of the article was more important than the click-rate.[16]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clickbait

I seriously have no idea why the original title was such a problem to you.

14 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Assuming the readers of this board are too stupid to either not read the title or not comprehend the word embedded is quite something. That's the second time in this thread and now from a moderator no less.

The original title didn't have embedded, and what I said is the inclusion of embedded would not have stopped people from assuming this was more than it actually was, low powered APUs. Disappointment was going to happen, it was not at all a comment about people not understanding the word embedded.

12 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

before going onto this forum in order to not have your leg pulled.

I'm still trying to work out why you think you were deceived, the thread contains all the information that the title indicated it does.

There was nothing even remotely erroneous in the title.

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

The world is still turning,  at least for most of us. ?

How does something flat turn?

Yes, I'm aware flat things can turn; go kill someone else's party.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

22 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

So? Bad. It's perfectly possible to make a better title. It's just low effort shitposting. Shitposting is for the comment section and I don't think it's any secret I'm partaking gratuitously.

What are you talking about? Both the original and current titles have explained what the contents of the thread are and have never mentioned anything about Zen 2, nor has it mentioned anything that isn't related to Ryzen Embedded. It isn't shitposting/clickbait in the slightest. 

I'm struggling to find a reason why people would be deceived by the title(s).

10 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

How does something flat turn?

Hide contents

Yes, I'm aware flat things can turn; go kill someone else's party.

like this:

giphy.gif

And thus we will never know if it is heads or tails. 

1 hour ago, XR6 said:

Such people are deceived by themselves when they commit to heart their own preconception of the article from the thread title.

Spoiler

> "OMG IT HAS RYZEN IN TITLE MUST BE ZEN 2!!!"
> "EMBEDDED?! WOW U LYING CLICKBAITING SH[censored] HOW DARE U REPORT SOMETHING RYZEN BUT NOT RYZEN 3000!!!"
> [sounds of a rabid dog]

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clickbait

I seriously have no idea why the original title was such a problem to you.

The original title didn't have embedded, and what I said is the inclusion of embedded would not have stopped people from assuming this was more than it actually was, low powered APUs. Disappointment was going to happen, it was not at all a comment about people not understanding the word embedded.

From Merriam Webster:

something (such as a headline) designed to make readers want to click on a hyperlink especially when the link leads to content of dubious value or interest.

This was of both dubious value and interest to many. 

Simple: title wasn't specific enough and included unnecessary buzzwords. Intentionally even; which has been confirmed. How can you deny it if it came straight from the horse's mouth? 

How can you know embedded in the title wouldn't have changed the outcome significantly? All logic would point to that it would. It removes most if not all ambiguity.

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

I'm still trying to work out why you think you were deceived, the thread contains all the information that the title indicated it does.

There was nothing even remotely erroneous in the title.

I still wasn't deceived but I dislike the poor attempt. Clickbait still doesn't equal errors or lies either. Every time we get a headline that Alzheimer's has been cured it's actually true. However curing it in mice isn't the same as what the headline would try have you believe. Likewise I'm not deceived when I read that sort of headline. That doesn't mean the goals differ: it wants you to click so you can either be deceived or have your suspicions confirmed depending on the knowledge of the reader of said bad writing.

1 hour ago, XR6 said:

What are you talking about? Both the original and current titles have explained what the contents of the thread are and have never mentioned anything about Zen 2, nor has it mentioned anything that isn't related to Ryzen Embedded. It isn't shitposting/clickbait in the slightest. 

See above. Your comment is essentially filler because it reads exactly the same. Also, it's treading the same ground we've already covered. Ask something new please if applicable.

39 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

How can you know embedded in the title wouldn't have changed the outcome significantly? All logic would point to that it would. It removes most if not all ambiguity.

Because the title still included "3x performance per watt" and there are embedded CPUs and APUs of many configurations from high end to low end. It could have been 4 cores, 8 cores or 16 cores, an APU with HBM, Zen2 (really anyone seriously thought that?) etc. It removes nothing, you'd still have to go read the post to know it's only about 2 core APUs. All it would have done is added clarification before going in that it was an embedded product, expectations still would have been very high but it would take only a few seconds of reasoning to know it's probably not some major product or of importance to most.

Does knowing it's an embedded product tell you it's about a 2 core APU and not a new 16 core CPU based on the EPYC 3451 brought down to the Ryzen lineup? 

Edit:

Also not that it matters or should be a dictionary war but the Oxford dictionary and Cambridge both define it exactly as I posted and is described on the wiki page.

It's not as bad as you're making it out to be, storm in a teacup.

6 hours ago, Trixanity said:

I still wasn't deceived

Because it was accurate and thus it wasn't click bait, your getting all worked up over nothing. 

There is just no rationality to your upset.

9 hours ago, leadeater said:

Because the title still included "3x performance per watt" and there are embedded CPUs and APUs of many configurations from high end to low end. It could have been 4 cores, 8 cores or 16 cores, an APU with HBM, Zen2 (really anyone seriously thought that?) etc. It removes nothing, you'd still have to go read the post to know it's only about 2 core APUs. All it would have done is added clarification before going in that it was an embedded product, expectations still would have been very high but it would take only a few seconds of reasoning to know it's probably not some major product or of importance to most.

Does knowing it's an embedded product tell you it's about a 2 core APU and not a new 16 core CPU based on the EPYC 3451 brought down to the Ryzen lineup? 

Edit:

Also not that it matters or should be a dictionary war but the Oxford dictionary and Cambridge both define it exactly as I posted and is described on the wiki page.

It's not as bad as you're making it out to be, storm in a teacup.

So because the title included a buzz word it would turn things on its head again? I'll use the Tesla analogy again: "Tesla launches new car with 3x range" vs "Tesla launches new semi truck with x3 range". It changes the understanding of the title completely. Doesn't matter what the configuration is. Even included a 3x buzz word for your viewing pleasure.

I poked fun at your dictionary attempt deliberately. It happens frequently on this forum because people don't understand what a dictionary is or its function. You can always find a definition that matches what you want - if all else fails, head to urbandictionary.

We obviously both know that the content should not be in the headline so your argument is invalid. The title should be descriptive enough but without turning it into a bunch of run on sentences. It's feasible. It's not like we're trying to put people on the sun.

Oh it's definitely not as bad as it could be but I'm having fun with this. I've even dropped multiple hints to that effect. Although the original point still stands. That much is candid. The title was garbage and we all know it's garbage. The only difference is we have varying degrees tolerance to it based on views on how a news section should look. Also, as multiple people have hinted already: they liked it because it got a reaction from certain people for certain reasons. That's what attracted me in the first place: the opportunity to poke back and see the response. And evidently it worked. 

4 hours ago, mr moose said:

Because it was accurate and thus it wasn't click bait, your getting all worked up over nothing. 

There is just no rationality to your upset.

Not worked up at all.

Clickbait is accurate quite frequently (no data on it but I'd wager more often than not is it perfectly accurate). I've told you this multiple times in fact - odd given that you recently accused someone of having absolutely no reading comprehension. You should work on that.

You don't have to lie in order to get clicks. Just obfuscate a little bit or put emphasis (or lack thereof) on certain key points. It often results in the reader having to click on it if they want to know what it's actually about. Not all clickbait is titties or titles in all capitals. Not all of it is "you won't believe what doctors are doing". Sometimes it's just a few words like "Florida man shot while fighting an alligator" vs "Florida man survives being shot while fighting an alligator". In the first instance we don't know whether the man survived or not but it's a key piece of information. It changes the way we read the headline and we might still want to know why he was fighting the alligator and why he was shot to begin with. Some might be satisfied with knowing the outcome just from glancing at the headline. You leave out that choice if you give a pass regardless of severity or size of the alleged hack job on the title. It's a growing problem in the advertisement-fueled news cycle. Better to eliminate it completely while we still can.

The rationality is there (in fact despite the facetious nature of my posts I'd wager I've presented more reasoning than you have but is that anything new?) but differing viewpoints on what constitutes a reasonable news post is what is cause for this alleged upset. I don't know why you're always upset that people would have the gall to have a different opinion. It's just banter, mate. 

Anyway. I think my work here is done. 

tenor.gif