New HTC One Leaks

So i came across some really exiting news on the verge yesterday and i searched a lot on the forum but there wasn't a post about it.

Here are some Leaks of the new HTC One:

• It's name will remain the same HTC One not One 2.
  • 5 inch (12.7cm) display, 1440p.(according to GSM arena)
  • Snapdragon 805 Processor
  • Eye dropping build quality

The Camera on the Current One is awesome but it can fall short sometimes so i am really exited to see what they do in term of the camera. Here is a direct quote from The Verge about the New one's camera.

It will supposedly include what's described as a twin-sensor rear camera that will improve focus and image quality. Toshiba recently announced a two-sensor smartphone camera that would allow photo refocusing similar to that of the Lytro light field camera, and other companies have worked on similar modules in the past.

And all these is supposed to be announced in late February at MWC and releasing in March.

Source: The Verge, GSM Arena

I am really exited for the new HTC One beacuse htc has the opportunity to make the perfect phone.  :D

EDIT:

So i found a more detailed rumor round up of the new one and it has some additional details

• It might have sapphire home button for a fingerprint sensor.
  • Expandable storage via micro SD or SDXC 
  • 10 Megapixel (ultrapixel) camera
  • Edge to edge display
  • $650 Off-contract

The screen shot says 1080p display but then in there artilce they say 1440p i guss the only way to know is to wait till the release.

htc-m8-antutu.jpg

I think its just a mock up because i dont think they will put all those red lines.

htc-one-2-m8-concept.jpg

Source: Inferse

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

lets hope the quality control will be better this time. Was a big let down for me on the one :c

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

lets hope the quality control will be better this time. Was a big let down for me on the one :c

What was the problem?

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

What was the problem?

various defects with the phone regarding the buttons, screen and such. Not everyone had issues but they were fairly common

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

various defects with the phone regarding the buttons, screen and such. Not everyone had issues but they were fairly common

Yeah i did hear about those. Did they replace it?

Yeah i did hear about those. Did they replace it?

nope. my issue was with the power button and the charging port which was stuffed. They wanted 300 to fix the phone so i was like fuck this and bought a note 3

That whole "one" naming thing will be ruin everything. Like how when you say "xbox 1" no one knows if you mean the old one or the new one. And with this, will it be the new HTC one or the old HTC one. It will ruin things for them. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Am I the only one who thinks that 1440p on a phone is pointless at this point in time. We barely have enough battery life to get us through a day at present, these new phones are going to be a whole lot worse. Its especially silly when the quality difference that you perceive is minimal and that there is not a lot of 1440p content.

Other than that its good that advances are being made in other areas.

That whole "one" naming thing will be ruin everything. Like how when you say "xbox 1" no one knows if you mean the old one or the new one. And with this, will it be the new HTC one or the old HTC one. It will ruin things for them. 

I agree, i really dislike the naming scheme. I preferred it when they had the One X and One S etc. It made more sense, but this is just going to confuse non techie consumers, especially if the phone looks similar.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

nope. my issue was with the power button and the charging port which was stuffed. They wanted 300 to fix the phone so i was like fuck this and bought a note 3

I dont like touchwiz that much also after one year of my note 2, paint on the bezel has come off and there are lots of scratches on the back. I think note 3 will do a little better in that regard.

Apple has been doing this for quite some time with the ipad, It is so confusing atleast with htc the phones will look a little different. :D

Am I the only one who thinks that 1440p on a phone is pointless at this point in time. We barely have enough battery life to get us through a day at present, these new phones are going to be a whole lot worse. Its especially silly when the quality difference that you perceive is minimal and that there is not a lot of 1440p content.

I agree. i hope htc doesn't fall for the spec race. I just put it there because i saw it on gsm arena. Not a 100% sure.

EDIT:

MKBHD talks about 2k displays on phones.

I agree. i hope htc doesn't fall for the spec race. I just put it there because i saw it on gsm arena. Not a 100% sure.

Id be very surprised of it wasnt, considering the other manufacturers are heading down that road.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

Id be very surprised of it wasnt, considering the other manufacturers are heading down that road.

Yes but when you consider how they moved to 4MP camera on the Current htc one. They are willing to go against the norms if its necessary. HTC is quite a nice company that way compared to Samsung who threw 8 core in a phone.  :huh:  :D

Edit: I bet samsung will definelty put 1440p in the S5.

The new one.. they didn't learn from apple's mistake..

Why is HTC trying to push another, larger HTC One. They already have the HTC One MAX (which is way too big for me, the biggest I can do it the regular htc one). This upcoming phone would be perfect for the people that liked the HTC One MAX but wanted slightly better features... In other words, not me.

If it has better battery life than the Note 3, and more than 2GB RAM, I'll give it some thought

sysloc

I really hope those specs are true. I don't get whe people are so anti progress when it comes to phones.

"Baww please HTC don't put a powerful processor in it! Don't make the GPU or the screen better! I want it to be mediocre!".

I highly doubt those specs are true, but I want them to be.

DAT EYE DROPPING QUALITY!

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Why is HTC trying to push another, larger HTC One. They already have the HTC One MAX (which is way too big for me, the biggest I can do it the regular htc one). This upcoming phone would be perfect for the people that liked the HTC One MAX but wanted slightly better features... In other words, not me.

it's not that much bigger. The htc one with the speakers made it about the same size as a lg g2 with a 5.2in screen so if they thin out the top and bottom it will be fairly small bump in size.

I really hope those specs are true. I don't get whe people are so anti progress when it comes to phones.

"Baww please HTC don't put a powerful processor in it! Don't make the GPU or the screen better! I want it to be mediocre!".

The pixel density at 1080p is easily high enough.  1440p makes no visible difference and takes more horsepower to drive, which reduces battery life.  So basically they'd be purposely designing a product that accomplishes nothing, decreases performance and reduces battery life, and best of all costs more to produce.  Not exactly progress if you ask me.

The pixel density at 1080p is easily high enough.

High enough for what? To not be able to see individual pixels? Nope, far from it if you put your phone closer than 30cm from your eyes.

I can agree that it will use more power than 1080p, but do we know how much extra battery it will drain? Nope. This generation of displays should have self refreshing (some like the Note 3, Nexus 5 and G2 already has it), so the extra horse power needed when displaying static content will be absolutely 0 from the GPU (even less than with a non-self refreshing 1080p screen like the One has).

I don't have any solid numbers, but I would be very surprised if Snapdragon 805 wouldn't have better performance:watt than Snapdragon 600.

The battery might be bigger if the screen is bigger.

The list goes on. My point is that even with a higher resolution, it might still get better battery life than the previous gen (just like we saw with the Galaxy S2 to S3, and then the S3 to S4). Sure if you keep the same specs but reduce the resolution then you will get better battery life, but we don't know how much. It is a fact that people with average or better vision can see individual pixels on the One's screen at close range, so it's not a waste.

If they can keep the battery life is the same or longer (compared to the HTC One), then I think a higher res screen would be nice. Hopefully they improve the screen in other areas as well (like the really bad color balance).

If they need to reduce battery life to implement it then I agree with you, they shouldn't do it.

Loved the original even though it could have been much better i think...the camera was a bit of a let down

High enough for what? To not be able to see individual pixels? Nope, far from it if you put your phone closer than 30cm from your eyes.

I can agree that it will use more power than 1080p, but do we know how much extra battery it will drain? Nope. This generation of displays should have self refreshing (some like the Note 3, Nexus 5 and G2 already has it), so the extra horse power needed when displaying static content will be absolutely 0 from the GPU (even less than with a non-self refreshing 1080p screen like the One has).

I don't have any solid numbers, but I would be very surprised if Snapdragon 805 wouldn't have better performance:watt than Snapdragon 600.

The battery might be bigger if the screen is bigger.

The list goes on. My point is that even with a higher resolution, it might still get better battery life than the previous gen (just like we saw with the Galaxy S2 to S3, and then the S3 to S4). Sure if you keep the same specs but reduce the resolution then you will get better battery life, but we don't know how much. It is a fact that people with average or better vision can see individual pixels on the One's screen at close range, so it's not a waste.

If they can keep the battery life is the same or longer (compared to the HTC One), then I think a higher res screen would be nice. Hopefully they improve the screen in other areas as well (like the really bad color balance).

If they need to reduce battery life to implement it then I agree with you, they shouldn't do it.

If you really really try you can pick out a little pixelation but I never have in normal use, not once.  I can't see 1440p improving my experience in any way.

A denser screen means less light makes it through.  More backlight is needed for the same screen brightness, and the backlight/display assembly is already a large chunk of where battery power goes to (easily upwards of 25%, higher for 1440p).  Power consumption at static content may be improved by variable refresh, but at double the pixel count, the GPU will expend a lot more power than at 1080p to render media/games, it's an incredible loss in efficiency to get a very small visual improvement if any at all.

The battery life on the One could use every advantage it can get; it drains nearly halfway just sitting in my pocket through work.  I can get a couple hours out of it just using the notes app with the networks deactivated and the brightness not all that high.  I hope this new phone does have a bigger battery with its size upgrade, and I hope that does balance it out... but with other component changes working against power efficiency, I don't see a slightly larger battery making a big improvement from the current One, which would have been much appreciated and should be expected if the battery is bigger, not just compensating for other components' increased draw.

Because I want my phone to have more screen time / charge than the time it takes to get ready in the morning :) I'd rather we get better battery tech that a 1440p screen :)

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090