New HTC One Leaks

So there is a new HTC phone that leaks something?

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

1440p makes it imperfect already...

Why is that?

Anyway , if the design is anything like the previous one i'm disliking it . I am one of the very few people that really Dislikes the design of the ONE , the build quality and materials are amazing but the look of it isn't cutting it for me . I Much rather have a more futuristic and simplistic look like the Xperia Z1 for instance.

EDIT : Ah i see you explained it in a previous post , good explaination but on my opinion we ALWAYS have to imporve , no matter how pointless it's going to be . Many new things in techs came out of improving things that people thought were already fast as is. Just my 2 cents.

Interested in Business and Technology

Why is that?

Anyway , if the design is anything like the previous one i'm disliking it . I am one of the very few people that really Dislikes the design of the ONE , the build quality and materials are amazing but the look of it isn't cutting it for me . I Much rather have a more futuristic and simplistic look like the Xperia Z1 for instance.

EDIT : Ah i see you explained it in a previous post , good explaination but on my opinion we ALWAYS have to imporve , no matter how pointless it's going to be . Many new things in techs came out of improving things that people thought were already fast as is. Just my 2 cents.

I agree it's always good to improve, but I'm thinking more along the lines of making an improved phone not improved numbers.  Whether or not it's more advanced, it makes the device worse at doing what it does.

I agree it's always good to improve, but I'm thinking more along the lines of making an improved phone not improved numbers.  Whether or not it's more advanced, it makes the device worse at doing what it does.

I kinda disagree , let's look at it this way : So maybe in about 10 years , Android will take over windows , if phones only had 720P screens and never improved , we would have a problem there and it would take much longer to release it for PC's or W/e will be around by then . The example is kinda bad i know but you get the point.

I kinda disagree , let's look at it this way : So maybe in about 10 years , Android will take over windows , if phones only had 720P screens and never improved , we would have a problem there and it would take much longer to release it for PC's or W/e will be around by then . The example is kinda bad i know but you get the point.

I guess?  I mean I'm all for advancement, even without a specific purpose it can open opportunity for improvements you might not have predicted.  But not always.  I don't have a problem with advancement for advancement's sake, but not if it makes it worse at what it already does, and what we already use it for today, just because maybe someone will find a use for it tomorrow, if that makes sense.

I guess?  I mean I'm all for advancement, even without a specific purpose it can open opportunity for improvements you might not have predicted.  But not always.  I don't have a problem with advancement for advancement's sake, but not if it makes it worse at what it already does, and what we already use it for today, just because maybe someone will find a use for it tomorrow, if that makes sense.

Yes i see where your coming from , and you are kinda right , i can't really see why anything above 400PPI should be relevant. But yeah we will see what will happen ;)

@LAwLz

I must agree with what @Glenwing said. If resolution was the alpha and omega of screen technology, phones would still be rocking TN panels. Now call me blind, but I honestly cannot see individual pixels on my One's screen, no matter the distance. Technology and color reproduction first, resolution later.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I don't think we need a new HTC One yet, it's specs are still top , and it's still really nice compared to SG4 and Note 3 etc. Any leaked pics?

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

I don't think we need a new HTC One yet, it's specs are still top , and it's still really nice compared to SG4 and Note 3 etc. Any leaked pics?

But but don't you know it is law every top selling phone must be replaced within a year. Phones are the new call of duty :) [although phones are actually good]

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

@Legion

lol, lets just hope its better than Ghosts then! 

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

What's with all the fucking 1440p shit on a 5 inch screen? As If 1080p isn't enough. I call marketing gimmicks as imperfection until we get 4k on 20" at the same prices.

Just in time for my graduation, please be priced adequately D:

{B t t tk Pf t B t t tk Pf tk B Pf} <--- This is my language. BEATBOXING FOR LIFE!

My take on 1440p display.

It is definitely going to be better than 1080p but if HTC can work there way around things like battery life and performance then i have no problem with a 1440p display on a phone but think about it, if the new htc one does or doesn't have a 1440p display is it really going to affect your purchasing decision? I have a note 2 with 250ish ppi and in normal day to day use you dont even think about it(even though i read a lot on it). at 440ppi or 587ppi i think that display resolution is going to become less important when choosing what to buy.

@Glenwing @LAwLz @SSOB

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

More pixels more better.. cant wait to see how it turns out

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

There seems to be way too much fuss about the resolution. I can't see individual pixels on my iPhone 5 unless I reduce the distance to about 7cm. The screen already has 326 ppi, higher pixel densities require me to get closer to the screen. Why would I look at the screen from 25cm and closer anyway. It's like buying a fast car and compare it to a normal one in a city.

144Hz goodness

Some new information has pop-up. i have updated the post. the resolution thing is still not resolved  :P

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

I really don't see the point of more than 1080p on a tiny 5 inch display.

If you really really try you can pick out a little pixelation but I never have in normal use, not once.  I can't see 1440p improving my experience in any way.

A denser screen means less light makes it through.  More backlight is needed for the same screen brightness, and the backlight/display assembly is already a large chunk of where battery power goes to (easily upwards of 25%, higher for 1440p).  Power consumption at static content may be improved by variable refresh, but at double the pixel count, the GPU will expend a lot more power than at 1080p to render media/games, it's an incredible loss in efficiency to get a very small visual improvement if any at all.

The battery life on the One could use every advantage it can get; it drains nearly halfway just sitting in my pocket through work.  I can get a couple hours out of it just using the notes app with the networks deactivated and the brightness not all that high.  I hope this new phone does have a bigger battery with its size upgrade, and I hope that does balance it out... but with other component changes working against power efficiency, I don't see a slightly larger battery making a big improvement from the current One, which would have been much appreciated and should be expected if the battery is bigger, not just compensating for other components' increased draw.

Can you please stop saying there isn't a difference, because there is. How much difference depends on your vision and viewing distance, but a person with normal vision can see the pixels from ~18cm away. If you got better than average then you might be able to see them from 30cm away (if you got 20/12 vision).

Luckily for us, manufacturers don't think the same way you do, because if they did we would never have moved to 1080x1920 screens, because "well if you hold it far enough away they won't see the pixels".

I wasn't talking about variable refresh rate, I was talking about self refreshing panels. That's when the display as a small amount of memory used to hold the last frame, and it uses that to keep refreshing the screen so that the GPU can go into deep sleep.

I don't really see why you would need GPU power to run games either. You seem to think that you can't see the difference, right? So why render the games at 1440? Games can still run at 1080p even on a 1440p screen. Upscaling content costs very little power so that wouldn't be an issue.

If you ask me, the HTC One has a few issues regarding the battery.

1) It's not removable, so when it starts wearing out (which it will sooner or later) you can't replace it with a fresh one.

2) It's small. The HTC One is pretty much the same size as the Galaxy S 4 (might even be bigger if you count volume) yet the battery in the Galaxy S 4 is ~13% bigger. (8.74Wh vs 9.88Wh).

3) Long charging times. I have no idea what HTC was thinking when they decided to not implement Qualcomm's Quick Charge (maybe because they want to avoid as much wear on the battery as possible). Anyway the HTC One is really slow at charging. The Galaxy S 4 with its bigger battery takes about an hour less to fully charge. They could make it charge much faster, but they didn't. Hopefully they will with the new phone.

4) No wireless charging. With wireless charging it is so easy to just put your phone down for a while and it will be charged. The less of a hassle it becomes to charge your phone, the more often you will do it and the less important battery life becomes. I can't wait until things like fast food places and other public places starts integrating wireless charging into their tables. That would be awesome (and Mc Donald's is already experimenting with it).

So there are a ton of stuff HTC can improve when it comes to charging, but there are also a lot of power saving features HTC can implement. I have already mentioned self refreshing panel but you also got things like envelope power tracking, which reduces the power used by the cellular radios a lot (which is the biggest culprit in your case when it drains 50% just being in your pocket).

My point is that the HTC One is pretty bad and outdated when it comes to battery saving features, as well as the battery itself. HTC should be able to deliver longer battery life with lower charging times even with a higher resolution display pretty easily.

Like I said before, if they can keep the battery life the same or better (they shouldn't really have any issue making it better) then I don't see any reason to not get a 1440p display. If they mess it up and it makes the battery life worse then sure, stay at 1080p. 1440p is not ass important as battery life.

Sorry if I am rambling.

@LAwLz

I must agree with what @Glenwing said. If resolution was the alpha and omega of screen technology, phones would still be rocking TN panels. Now call me blind, but I honestly cannot see individual pixels on my One's screen, no matter the distance. Technology and color reproduction first, resolution later.

Why not both? Higher PPI does not mean the color accuracy will be worse.

Sorry but it's not. The HTC One is pretty outdated in a lot of areas. The CPU is pretty slow (wasn't even the highest end when it was released). The current GPUs runs circles around it. The camera is pretty low res and it really does shine through in certain situations. Lacks a lot of features (see my previous post). The same goes for the Galaxy S 4, it is also outdated in the same way (except the camera is high res but really needs OIS for low light shots). As soon as the Qualcomm 805 comes out this will be even more true.

There seems to be way too much fuss about the resolution. I can't see individual pixels on my iPhone 5 unless I reduce the distance to about 7cm. The screen already has 326 ppi, higher pixel densities require me to get closer to the screen. Why would I look at the screen from 25cm and closer anyway. It's like buying a fast car and compare it to a normal one in a city.

Then you got really bad eyesight, or your testing methods were flawed. I recommend a black upper case E on a white background (or vice versa). Make sure the elements in E are just 1 pixel big.

The build quality can't be that impressive if the phone leaks.

I'll stick with my 5s, it's not leaked anything on me so far.

What I don't understand is why they spend so much time worrying about resolution when there are far bigger problems such as battery life. They need to try to incorporate some new technology that lets you have a weeks worth of battery. No one really needs a 1440p display, and it really won't improve the experience that much at all, but wireless charging of a even 5 day battery would make such a difference to the experience. 1440p is just gonna reduce battery life and I just don't see the point when you don't use you phone for professional graphics. It's all just bullshit to sell phones

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

What I don't understand is why they spend so much time worrying about resolution when there are far bigger problems such as battery life. They need to try to incorporate some new technology that lets you have a weeks worth of battery. No one really needs a 1440p display, and it really won't improve the experience that much at all, but wireless charging of a even 5 day battery would make such a difference to the experience. 1440p is just gonna reduce battery life and I just don't see the point when you don't use you phone for professional graphics. It's all just bullshit to sell phones

Battery technology has not change over a decade. Battery life is the only aspect of a high end smartphone where low end phones do so much better. My mom has a black and white nokia phone and she can go 4-5 days on a charge, even my old lg low end android phone got me 2 day of battery life. I really hope that there a lab out there where they are doing some research on this one.  :(

Sorry but it's not. The HTC One is pretty outdated in a lot of areas. The CPU is pretty slow (wasn't even the highest end when it was released). The current GPUs runs circles around it. The camera is pretty low res and it really does shine through in certain situations. Lacks a lot of features (see my previous post). The same goes for the Galaxy S 4, it is also outdated in the same way (except the camera is high res but really needs OIS for low light shots). As soon as the Qualcomm 805 comes out this will be even more true.

Thats not true, phones should not be a spec race, it's about the experience, a quad core cpu in any phone is not "slow", and I can understand that there are better cameras on phones out there, and that there are features missing , but what I can't understand is half heartedly updating a phone within a year just for the sales. They won't incorporate most of what you are saying, I bet it'll be a very similar phone , with a 7 megapixel , new and improved "ultrapixel" camera..... They should wait 2 years, develop some nice technologies to improve battery life, and improve their software and then stick the best GPU and CPU available to them in it. Otherwise it just becomes a stupid race of a 0.1Ghz improvement every quarter... 

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Even smartphones have faster CPUs than my 10+ year old Celeron now... "this is how far we've came in last few years"

Sorry for my bad English!
i5-4590 | Sabertooth Z97 mk2 | Intel HD 4600 | ADATA XPG V1 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 | Intel 530 120GB | Cooler Master N600 | Seasonic G-450 | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 | Win8.1 Pro x64