Schools doing field trips to the...... Apple Store?!

GoodBytes
23 minutes ago, pas008 said:

read this again

funny you guys think kids are dumb and cant tell the difference between an ad/commerical/etc but my 4yr old daughter can

even on the highway with the biased billboards that someone else paid money for

This isn't a commercial. This is their teacher integrating ads like rush Limbaugh would seamlessly transition his show to a gold advertisement. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

25 minutes ago, justpoet said:

Considering that schools often use slide decks and information provided by Sony, Samsung, Philips, Google, and others for various electronics classes, video classes, and environmental teaching…yeah, it is pretty much just like that.

Would you rather the school teach about climate issues, video editing, photography, and energy saving?

Or would you rather they not accept help from industry folks that provide lesson plans and funding to do that, so they aren't taught it?

this was never the case when I was in school? Scholastic book fair was the one thing we thing we had like this, and maybe the stupid fund raisers some schools had where the school got like 5%, both which a parent was involved in, but that's about it. 

We didn't have slide decks or anything like that provided by any corporations other than those who made teaching material, not that they're great people. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

4 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

You defeated yourself long ago comparing a field trip to a store to a tv adds and billboards. Not being able to grasp the fundamental difference to seeing something in real life and something on tv clearly shows the sings of long and successful brainwashing. You are ready to except everything the corporation throws at you and in the end its always someone else's fault. Pathetic.  Also using memes as an argument, cause clearly even the imaginary arguments have shown to be too weak to sustain.

I 100% agree with you, but as someone who's a professional writer by day and a barely literate shitposter on these forums by night, shitting on his grammar is kinda a shtty thing to do. 

muh specs 

All parts black

1 minute ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

You defeated yourself long ago comparing a field trip to a store to a tv adds and billboards. Not being able to grasp the fundamental difference to seeing something in real life and something on tv clearly shows the sings of long and successful brainwashing. You are ready to except everything the corporation throws at you and in the end its always someone else's fault. Pathetic.  Also using memes as an argument, cause clearly even the imaginary arguments have shown to be too weak to sustain.

lol so my child going to valley fair, minnesota power offices, few other trips to businesses is brainwashing?

wow

and clearly you think kids are dumb wait until you have a couple and see how fast they catch on to things

advertising/etc is inevitable clearly you think protecting them from it helps but really doesnt

wheres all the advertising on vapes but clearly majority of kids are vaping now days lol

23 minutes ago, pas008 said:

all say it again

funny you guys think kids are dumb and cant tell the difference between an ad/commerical/etc but my 4yr old daughter can

even on the highway with the biased billboards that someone else paid money for

an ad is not brainwashing

so hulu is brainwashing my children and I  with same fucking ad every 15 mins? I really need a peloton

teaching your kids the difference is inevitable

wow

Let's say, you know nothing about programming, and at the Apple store you get to learn a bit of programming... yea, let's assume that level of teaching is taken place. And I don't mean those simplified programing, procedural based, like Lego Mindstorm kits or any language following the box models where you just drag and drop them, connecting them, and so on.. I mean actual programming.

And at the Apple store you are told, that Object-C, is the best programming languages ever created. It is super simple to use, yet the most powerful one. Is the only programming language with memory management, all games are made in Objective-C as it is the only language that can give you the performance needed. And show you some demo's of this. Big chances, you'll come out amazed, and think that Objective-C is amazing, when it isn't. And you were just lied to.

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Let's say, you know nothing about programming, and at the Apple store you get to learn a bit of programming... yea, let's assume that level of teaching is taken place. And I don't mean those simplified programing, procedural based, like Lego Mindstorm kits or any language following the box models where you just drag and drop them, connecting them, and so on.. I mean actual programming.

And at the Apple store you are told, that Object-C, is the best programming languages ever created. It is super simple to use, yet the most powerful one. Is the only programming language with memory management, all games are made in Objective-C as it is the only language that can give you the performance needed. And show you some demo's of this. Big chances, you'll come out amazed, and think that Objective-C is amazing, when it isn't. And you were just lied to.

thats simply about anything in general though from sports to food

everyone has their opinions but just getting started in something or getting that slight push makes all the difference or steers you away from it completely

trip or advertising is same thing

even peer pressure does that too

17 minutes ago, pas008 said:

thats simply about anything in general though from sports to food

everyone has their opinions but just getting started in something or getting that slight push makes all the difference or steers you away from it completely

trip or advertising is same thing

even peer pressure does that too

No.  The problem is that you are not going to see an actual engineer, or actual technology experts  (or science experts if it is something related to such field), but you are seeing instead a sales person. The person is trained to convince you to buy the store product. An engineer will tell you "This is what we used, these are other options that was available to us, and this is why have chosen to take this path instead of another". This is where you actually learn something. A sales person will simply tell you that their solution is the easiest, best thing since slice bread,  and you should be ashamed for thinking otherwise.

17 minutes ago, pas008 said:

lol so my child going to valley fair, minnesota power offices, few other trips to businesses is brainwashing?

wow

and clearly you think kids are dumb wait until you have a couple and see how fast they catch on to things

advertising/etc is inevitable clearly you think protecting them from it helps but really doesnt

wheres all the advertising on vapes but clearly majority of kids are vaping now days lol

I don't think you see the difference between an ad where ads go and kids see ads vs their teacher integrating an ad. Your kids are really advertising smart it seems. I assume your kids also understand more complex marketing like astroturfing or paying for studies, stuff like that. I'm sure they are well aware we all eat bacon for breakfast thanks to Edward bernays. I assume they understand product influencers and what multi level marketing is. They know a lot of foods and generics are made in the same factory with a slightly different recipe, if any and their favorite movies have products that were paid to be placed in there, and it's not all as obvious as Iron Man's burger king. I'm sure they know how many paid reviews are out there for mattresses and that the data from every facet of their life has a financial value and deanonymizing it doesn't actually need identifying information. I'm sure they know every little decision in modern UI is meant to influence who they use websites, apps, and software. 

Oh yes, your kids are all marketing experts I assume, who would not be influenced by your teacher naturally integrating an Apple ad into the class lesson. But I'm sure 90% of the other less gifted kids aren't. That's often why they're vaping, they don't know whats an ad when they see it. 

muh specs 

All parts black

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

No.  The problem is that you are not going to see an actual engineer, or actual technology experts  (or science experts if it is something related to such field), but you are seeing instead a sales person. The person is trained to convince you to buy the store product. An engineer will tell you "This is what we used, these are other options that was available to us, and this is why have chosen to take this path instead of another". This is where you actually learn something. A sales person will simply tell you that their solution is the easiest, best thing since slice bread, and it is the best, and you should be ashamed for thinking otherwise.

still that applies to almost anything shoes food gpus etc

everyone will try to sell you on their opinion

its all over this forum its in ads its everywhere

26 minutes ago, pas008 said:

my daughter asks me for pinkie pie shit after watching a commerical or mcdonalds after seeing a commerical

simply parent your child lol

That is the biggest cop out. You can use that excuse for anything. I'm sorry that I believe children should be learning when they go to school rather than brought to a electronics store. 

1 minute ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I don't think you see the difference between an ad where ads go and kids see ads vs their teacher integrating an ad. Your kids are really advertising smart it seems. I assume your kids also understand more complex marketing like astroturfing or paying for studies, stuff like that. I'm sure they are well aware we all eat bacon for breakfast thanks to Edward bernays. I assume they understand product influencers and what multi level marketing is. They know a lot of foods and generics are made in the same factory with a slightly different recipe, if any and their favorite movies have products that were paid to be placed in there, and ti's not all as obvious as Iron Man's burger king. I'm sure they know how many paid reviews are out there for mattresses and that the data from every facet of their life has a financial value and deanonymizing it doesn't actually need identifying information. I'm sure they know every little decision in modern UI is meant to influence who they use websites, apps, and software. 

Oh yes, your kids are all marketing experts I assume, who would not be influenced by your teacher naturally integrating an Apple ad into the class lesson. But I'm sure 90% of the other less gifted kids aren't. 

lol no

you think kids are dumb too

they know what ads are

and let pta like meetings decide what is acceptable for their schools

plus this already exists to a point but lets not enhance it

my son had to get solidworks for school, autocad wasnt an option which I already own

my son has to get sharpie markers no other brands

shall I continue?

how about in school sports too should I give you examples there too?

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

That is the biggest cop out. You can use that excuse for anything. I'm sorry that I believe children should be learning when they go to school rather than brought to a electronics store. 

lol going to a store isnt learning? hahaha

6 minutes ago, pas008 said:

lol no

they know what ads are

my son had to get solidworks for school, autocad wasnt an option which I already own

shall I continue?

Why does any of that exist? I never had to buy specific shit for school, sure you didn't either. We weren't told to get name brand anything, we were dollar store shit all the way, what the actual fuck? 

You had to buy solidworks??? Why would you have to buy software for the school? 

muh specs 

All parts black

3 minutes ago, pas008 said:

lol no

they know what ads are

shall I continue?

Autocad an solidworks are two completely different programs. To say one would be the substitute is actually ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

Why does any of that exist? I never had to buy specific shit for school, sure you didn't either. We weren't told to get name brand anything, we were dollar store shit all the way, what the actual fuck? 

You had to buy solidworks???

I find this hard to believe as well. I used solidworks in highschool and never ended up buying the program. We just used the school computers and worst case scenario we would stay after school to use them. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

I find this hard to believe as well. I used solidworks in highschool and never ended up buying the program. We just used the school computers and worst case scenario we would stay after school to use them. 

We never had computers classes of almost any kind until I was in highschool, then it was on ancient software and hand me down computers, but either way I cannot imagine parents being forced for buy software for school 

muh specs 

All parts black

2 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

You had to buy solidworks???

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

Autocad an solidworks are two completely different programs. To say one would be the substitute is actually ridiculous. 

they dont teach autocad 3d shit at his school, I already have autocad sadly it is elective class though

same with few other programs

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

they dont teach autocad 3d shit at his school, I already have autocad sadly it is elective class though

But why would YOU have to supply THEIR software? 

I'm not hung up on them choosing one program, just the making you buy it part. 

muh specs 

All parts black

8 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

But why would YOU have to supply THEIR software? 

I'm not hung up on them choosing one program, just the making you buy it part. 

if I want him to do stuff at home and get ahead in school

wasnt forced but if he wants to work from home it had to be sw

did get it at discounted price which is nice but autocad wasnt an option because all the work was taught in sw

elective classes has its pros and cons

but thats not the only class

last yr if I wanted him to have his own chromebook it had to be a samsung lol so I just paid the 75 bucks through the school to rent one

4 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

We never had computers classes of almost any kind until I was in highschool, then it was on ancient software and hand me down computers, but either way I cannot imagine parents being forced for buy software for school 

There was never a need to buy software for high school for me because you could always use the computers after school if you needed to. We had multiple computer labs so the number of computers was never an issue. Me any my friends actually spent quite a bit of time after school in the computer lab creating things in solid works. We had a fab lab so we could use CNC machines to fabricate things that we made in solid works so long as we paid for the materials to build it. We were given materials for the class assignments but anything more than that and we had to pay for the materials ourselves but it wasn't expensive at all.

9 minutes ago, pas008 said:

if I want him to do stuff at home and get ahead in school

wasnt forced but if he wants to work from home it had to be sw

did get it at discounted price which is nice but autocad wasnt an option because all the work was taught in sw

elective classes has its pros and cons

but thats not the only class

last yr if I wanted him to have his own chromebook it had to be a samsung lol so I just paid the 75 bucks through the school to rent one

I can understand for home practice a bit, but now I"m surprised on paying 75$ to rent a laptop. Granted, we didn't use laptops, but we didn't have to pay for books either. What gives? 

muh specs 

All parts black

20 minutes ago, pas008 said:

What are you even talking about? Are you actually talking about 3d autocad? Who even uses 3d autocad anymore? Go look at job postings and you will see over 100x more postings that ask for solidworks experience over autocad 3d. The vast majority of people who use autocad use it for 2d drawings not 3d. 

9 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I can understand for home practice a bit, but now I"m surprised on paying 75$ to rent a laptop. Granted, we didn't use laptops, but we didn't have to pay for books either. What gives? 

yeah I argued about it then tried to get my buddy to let it go cause he worked at that school but he needs to have the fee

6 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

What are you even talking about? Are you actually talking about 3d autocad? Who even uses 3d autocad anymore? Go look at job postings and you will see over 100x more postings that ask for solidworks experience over autocad 3d. The vast majority of people who use autocad use it for 2d drawings not 3d. 

I know

but for 3d modelling in autocad should work

hence me saying it already exists to a point   in previous post

3 hours ago, pas008 said:

how to be part of this system

I cant talk to people who cant think for themselves.  Good day.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

6 hours ago, LinusTech said:

I actually think from a life skills perspective going on a field trip to a grocery store with practical assignments like "find all the ingredients for cheese souffle for the best price" would be amazing.

Apple Store... not so much...

Find all of the cheap phones...