PSU being help captive...

Snotrap
Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

@Snotrap under Australian consumer Law, if the product has a major fault (such as your case) you have the right to choose either a repair, refund, or replacement.

With PC hardware, never get it repaired as you'll be waiting 4-8 weeks for it to get shipped to Asia, repaired, sent back. Go to the store you bought it from and request a refund, then you can buy a different unit if you wanted to. 

Unfortunately 6 weeks is to be expected when sending an item off for repair. When they initially quoted you 2-4 weeks they were likely lying out of their ass so you wouldn't request a refund instead.

Send an email to the store you bought it from, tell them that the resolution they have provided for your faulty product is unsatisfactory and provide the timeline that you listed above and state that they have continuously failed to provide a resolution or communicate properly with you regarding the matter. Request a refund of the purchase cost of the unit.

Hey!

So a while back I posted this.

Basically my PSU was supposed to be repaired but I haven't seen it for 6 weeks and I'm not sure what the next step is.

A short summary:

31/12/2018 - Dropped it off

02/01/2019 - Called them asking how long it would take because I was not told clearly on the day, I was told 2-4 weeks.

24/01/2019 - Called them, answer 1 week

31/01/2019 - Called them, answer 1 week

07/02/2019 - Called them, was told I will receive a call back regarding it's whereabouts, got a phone call
saying it could possibly be in the following Wednesday and said he will call me, if he didn't I was to call.

13/02/2019 - Didn't receive a phone call so I called them (15:03), I barely understood the guy on the phone because he 
was mumbling so much, I did understand however that they were going to call the warranty department and call
me back. A hour and a half later (15:37) I received a call saying they will call the warranty department tomorrow.

It has been 6 weeks since they received the power supply.

How the fuck do I get my power supply back?!

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

My Machines:

I know. I need to update this. And I will. Eventually. 

what kind of PSU is worth repairing?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

what kind of PSU is worth repairing?

If you read the linked post you will understand.

My Machines:

1 minute ago, Snotrap said:

If you read the linked post you will understand.

why would they repair it instead of replacing it... odd?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

@Snotrap under Australian consumer Law, if the product has a major fault (such as your case) you have the right to choose either a repair, refund, or replacement.

With PC hardware, never get it repaired as you'll be waiting 4-8 weeks for it to get shipped to Asia, repaired, sent back. Go to the store you bought it from and request a refund, then you can buy a different unit if you wanted to. 

Unfortunately 6 weeks is to be expected when sending an item off for repair. When they initially quoted you 2-4 weeks they were likely lying out of their ass so you wouldn't request a refund instead.

Send an email to the store you bought it from, tell them that the resolution they have provided for your faulty product is unsatisfactory and provide the timeline that you listed above and state that they have continuously failed to provide a resolution or communicate properly with you regarding the matter. Request a refund of the purchase cost of the unit.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

21 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I will most likely do this, thanks

My Machines:

I've had similar thing way back. Stopped using that store and brand since then.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You live in Australia, any warranty service would need to be shipped abroad to the US for CougarGaming to fix it, likely on the slowest boat possible to save money.
Try to get a refund if you can.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro