Can your Keyboard do THIS??

nicklmg
3 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

What happened to Linus?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Is this a pewdiepie reference?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Challenge accepted: since I need a customizable keyboard anyway, I am going to create one for you Taran. Specs:

• Circuitry is actually based on STM32 Discovery series development kits, so there are two ARM microcontrollers each with a USB link, one of which implements the keyboard scanning and RGB, and the other is a dedicated programmer and in-circuit emulator targeting the first. On-board emulator means you can write and overwrite firmware (the hex files) directly and you can debug the firmware if it is acting up.
  • Built-in USB hub for connecting everything through one USB cable and provide two additional USB ports. I am still debating if I should use a USB 3.0 hub here.
  • There is a pin multiplexer if you need PS/2 compatibility. Although PS/2 mode does mean losing the USB hub and the prgrammer/debugger chip.

The Fruit Pie: Core i7-9700K ~ 2x Team Force Vulkan 16GB DDR4-3200 ~ Gigabyte Z390 UD ~ XFX RX 480 Reference 8GB ~ WD Black NVMe 1TB ~ WD Black 2TB ~ macOS Monterey amd64

The Warship: Core i7-10700K ~ 2x G.Skill 16GB DDR4-3200 ~ Asus ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming Wi-Fi ~ PNY RTX 3060 12GB LHR ~ Samsung PM981 1.92TB ~ Windows 11 Education amd64
The ThreadStripper: 2x Xeon E5-2696v2 ~ 8x Kingston KVR 16GB DDR3-1600 Registered ECC ~ Asus Z9PE-D16 ~ Sapphire RX 480 Reference 8GB ~ WD Black NVMe 1TB ~ Ubuntu Linux 20.04 amd64

The Question Mark? Core i9-11900K ~ 2x Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4-3000 @ DDR4-2933 ~ MSI Z590-A Pro ~ Sapphire Nitro RX 580 8GB ~ Samsung PM981A 960GB ~ Windows 11 Education amd64
Home server: Xeon E3-1231v3 ~ 2x Samsung 8GB DDR3-1600 Unbuffered ECC ~ Asus P9D-M ~ nVidia Tesla K20X 6GB ~ Broadcom MegaRAID 9271-8iCC ~ Gigabyte 480GB SATA SSD ~ 8x Mixed HDD 2TB ~ 16x Mixed HDD 3TB ~ Proxmox VE amd64

Laptop 1: Dell Latitude 3500 ~ Core i7-8565U ~ NVS 130 ~ 2x Samsung 16GB DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM ~ Samsung 960 Pro 512GB ~ Samsung 850 Evo 1TB ~ Windows 11 Education amd64
Laptop 2: Apple MacBookPro9.2 ~ Core i5-3210M ~ 2x Samsung 8GB DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM ~ Intel SSD 520 Series 480GB ~ macOS Catalina amd64

TARAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

After seeing this video on Floatplane I couldn't believe there isn't a software alternative to this. So I developed a program. It is still alpha and misses some features but technically it should be able to achieve the same thing as with the shown USB converter in a cheaper and easier way. I am doing a bit of advertisement here for people to use it ^^: So if anyone is interested: https://github.com/lal12/macroMyKBD.

24 minutes ago, maxtch said:

Challenge accepted: since I need a customizable keyboard anyway, I am going to create one for you Taran. Specs:

• Circuitry is actually based on STM32 Discovery series development kits, so there are two ARM microcontrollers each with a USB link, one of which implements the keyboard scanning and RGB, and the other is a dedicated programmer and in-circuit emulator targeting the first. On-board emulator means you can write and overwrite firmware (the hex files) directly and you can debug the firmware if it is acting up.
  • Built-in USB hub for connecting everything through one USB cable and provide two additional USB ports. I am still debating if I should use a USB 3.0 hub here.
  • There is a pin multiplexer if you need PS/2 compatibility. Although PS/2 mode does mean losing the USB hub and the prgrammer/debugger chip.

One of our keyboard makers in the UK made this a while back...

hyper 7 keyboard 9613f s2085x691

Its called the Hyper7 and he brought it to our last keyboard meetup. The thing is a monster!

All the keys at the top I believe are 2u caps with two switches underneath. So in theory you could program each switch individually if you wanted even more macros!

cool but has anyone noticed how a store is trying to charge TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS for a screwdriver kit??? talk about ripping off....

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I know you said there's a cheaper option but that involves opening the keyboard. While you were flashing the keyboard firmware I saw atmega selected on microcontroller. Isn't there an option do use a Arduino to do that for cheap? Isn't the USB adapter using an Arduino?

14 minutes ago, IgorM said:

I know you said there's a cheaper option but that involves opening the keyboard. While you were flashing the keyboard firmware I saw atmega selected on microcontroller. Isn't there an option do use a Arduino to do that for cheap? Isn't the USB adapter using an Arduino? 

You have need two things an USB host controller and an USB client controller, as far as I know there is no Arduino which has both of those things. So you either have to use an additional part connected to an Arduino or a Microcontroller who has both of those interfaces. The dongle AFAIK does use an Atmel controller similar to those used on Arduinos, but not the same and has the additional other ICs for USB host and client

Taran fair play the amount of effort to make your command center makes total sense.

How long befor you can start making and selling this to others who need it... I know silly idea but there must be more people who need something like this? 

Also my wife asked me to tell you to speak English.... Same when i watch Steve from GN.... but then I barely understand... but I do feel I have learned something. Thank you

2 hours ago, the pokemon kid said:

One of our keyboard makers in the UK made this a while back...

hyper 7 keyboard 9613f s2085x691

Its called the Hyper7 and he brought it to our last keyboard meetup. The thing is a monster!

All the keys at the top I believe are 2u caps with two switches underneath. So in theory you could program each switch individually if you wanted even more macros!

I guess more the merrier

✨FNIGE✨

What is the grey keyboard taran was showing off? The one with the hand on the bottom?

This video, plus recently watching 'No, THIS is the CLEANEST Setup.' video, made me think Taran should get a custom desk. Worlds collide. Or at least videos.

Hey Taran, have you seen https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=96321.0?

This is a 225 key keyboard that runs QMK. With two PCBs, Gateron browns, keycaps, micro, etc, the cost is roughly 100 USD. 100 dollars / 225 keys gives a cost of 44 cents per key. Sadly the group buy is over, so you might have trouble getting one. I'd still love to see you build one though.

4 hours ago, MrMason said:

What is the grey keyboard taran was showing off? The one with the hand on the bottom?

Bloody B740 Light Strike.

On topic: I wonder what r/mechanicalkeyboards would think of this video, they love their function layers and try to have less finger/hand movements. And that joke about custom keyboards hit a bit too close to home for me :P

EDIT: Quoted the wrong person.

Edited by Dissitesuxba11s

5 hours ago, IgorM said:

Pretty sure some form of atmega MCU is at the heat of most Arduino boards already.

Taran, we have mess of individuality purchased sound fx in our post production library. Two questions:

1. Do you have a recommended library of general sounds that you use that we should consider purchasing? I particularly like the mic drop with feedback from this video. I’ve been using audio hero, sound dogs (sometimes meh), and a few others for single sounds. But I’m looking to purchase an all in one library.

2. Any software recommendations for cataloging the sounds?

CortinaProductions.com

VA, USA

Can the USB to USB converter be used as shown on the video on a Linux system? Also, I was wondering if a Martian Keyboard would work with this?

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Damn, I almost didn't recognize Taran at all. Is it just me or does he look a lot more confident that he did in the past lol.

Extremely neat, but I can't help but think every time how much easier this would be on Unix/Linux. Not really an easy way around that though as long as use you use Premier and don't want to Hackintosh or something.