Your Tech Pet Peeves

xrex64

One thing I really can't stand is when someone does something on my PC without asking me, especially someone random.

I remember this one time a few years back. I was at a small LAN event, about 20 people, and this one guy that was a friend of friend came to my PC and changed all my network settings because he thought I didn't know how when I already set everything perfectly and his changes ended up messing up my connectivity.

Also at another LAN event some random guy came to my PC to see if he can access his PC, I was standing right beside my PC and he didn't say a word.

"PC gamers are fat, eat Cheetos and they sit in their cellar with their eyes 20 centimeters from their small screens. They have to realize that we live in the 21st century, and that you use a controller in a couch, where you sit comfortably, and you are on a 60" flat screen FullHD TV"

EDIT: Non-techsavvy people who think that RAM costs a fortune, and that you have to spend at least 2,500$ to get acceptable gaming experience out of it.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Untidy cable management, poor application of thermal compound.

my pet peeve is the phrase pet peeves... I hate very much fro whatever reason.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

my pet peeve is the phrase pet peeves... I hate very much fro whatever reason.

I do too, but couldn't think of anything better.

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Trust me, the last one is legitimate. Once I put my system in the case, first boot from the case, A cable went into a heatsink fan and made a horrible noise and shut the pc down.

D:

I won't be buying a Prodigy M xD;)

Also mine is ugly looking pre built system cases D: EWWWW

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

cluttered desktops make me rip my hair out,

You might want to stay away from my room

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150

When the 1500i comes out you better build a system with a 7770 and an i3 with that. It will reck everything right? :P

Im intending on using my old Nvidia 9800 gt and my celeron processor. Got to pull out my watercooled kit on my current pc and drop it on the celeron for ultimate performance.

Im intending on using my old Nvidia 9800 gt and my celeron processor. Got to pull out my watercooled kit on my current pc and drop it on the celeron for ultimate performance.

ALL THE PERFORMANCE!!!

Looking for a job

• Loud fans

Using my grandmas computer. Still has the original install of XP with Norton and IE filled with toolbars.

Vista

Flat laptop batteries

etc

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Windows live/Uplay, hate that S#@%.

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

people that don't clean there computers or keep them in a place where they wont get dusty 

so this started when my mate brought his pc around and after the car trip the dust moved around so when he turned the computer on at mine a plume of dust came out of it and as the curious guy i am i took a look in side and  was amazed that it hadn't died from over heating i mean just look at that 660ti. the main reasion he brought it round is because the computer was lagging in games yea it was throttling to keep the temps down  

post-557-0-07439600-1390103093_thumb.jpg

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

people that don't clean there computers or keep them in a place where they wont get dusty 

so this started when my mate brought his pc around and after the car trip the dust moved around so when he turned the computer on at mine a plume of dust came out of it and as the curious guy i am i took a look in side and  was amazed that it hadn't died from over heating i mean just look at that 660ti. the main reasion he brought it round is because the computer was lagging in games yea it was throttling to keep the temps down  

That is horrifying. You can see a carpet of dust underneath the fans.

my parents computer is like that, the q6600 is covered in a carpet

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

My horrible fps

it doesn't have a track pad, just a stylus with a button on it for right click. left click is just touching the screen with the stylus of finger.

Press and hold, I think.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Press and hold, I think.

thats just right click...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

yea i no i made my friend clean it when he got home 

PC PART PICKER

yea i no i made my friend clean it when he got home 

Did you watch him clean it? He probably just blew on it or something. Actually, if he blew on it, he would have suffocated from the dust. 

† TTCF Member †

Did you watch him clean it? He probably just blew on it or something. Actually, if he blew on it, he would have suffocated from the dust. 

no i did not see him clean it he most likely tried to hover it lol he has not been on line the last few days 

PC PART PICKER

no i did not see him clean it he most likely tried to hover it lol he has not been on line the last few days 

probably hoovered it and zapped his card.

I would be wearing a biohazard suit/mask with a compressed air can in my hand if I was cleaning that! Probably need a chisel to get some of the bits that are caked on...

probably hoovered it and zapped his card.

I would be wearing a biohazard suit/mask with a compressed air can in my hand if I was cleaning that! Probably need a chisel to get some of the bits that are caked on...

I feel that I should know what hoovered means... but I don't 

† TTCF Member †