Get me started on C#

K3nobi

So I am just a 13 year old boy, who know nothing about coding (well I mean I know there's Programming languages) and I've heard from a lot of people that C# is okay. So anyone can tell me where should I start? Like downloading a C# learning app or maybe some other stuff

Download Visual Studio community edition.
Create console application and start working on some complete beginners tutorials. Variables, I/O, conditions, loops etc.

Not sure of any good learning material.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Yeah if you can it costs like 20-30 USD a month but Lynda has some great tutorials and even files to practice on.  There's worse things for parents to spend their money on for their kid.

The Microsoft Virtual Academy is one of the best ways to learn C# with visual studio. it's got a ton of free courses that are high quality and offer great step by step instructions.

They range from beginner "how to I install visual studio" through to MCP preparation courses and are really a good learning resource.

There are also quite a few simple tutorials for specific tasks available on code project and stack exchange, but they are less easy to find. 

1 hour ago, Ionixt said:

So I am just a 13 year old boy, who know nothing about coding (well I mean I know there's Programming languages) and I've heard from a lot of people that C# is okay. So anyone can tell me where should I start? Like downloading a C# learning app or maybe some other stuff

C# an Java are the best to start with IMHO.

In both case :

The coding itself can be read like an english text. Make more sense to people that doesn't know programing.

The structure enforce better coding habits unlike i.e. Javascript that allow changing types or not caring for casing (just as few examples).

They are very close to C coding which make learning new languages extremely easy since lots of languages picks idea from C.

Search for tutorials on the web. Lots of them exist. Keep to simple things. You have some big branches you need to know and some are extra.

Need to know :

- base of programing, variable, method, loops, conditions

- Files , how to read, write files

- Database, know 1 database how it works, add,modify, delete record.

extra :

- how to use libraries (DLL)

- web, read/write from web, create / use web service 

13 minutes ago, FlappyBoobs said:

The Microsoft Virtual Academy is one of the best ways to learn C# with visual studio. it's got a ton of free courses that are high quality and offer great step by step instructions.

They range from beginner "how to I install visual studio" through to MCP preparation courses and are really a good learning resource.

There are also quite a few simple tutorials for specific tasks available on code project and stack exchange, but they are less easy to find. 

as he said probably the best i have seen

Forvthe basics, but this. Probably the best coding book ever. It’s short & to the practical point

https://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Hands-Project-Coding-Project-ebook/dp/B016Z18MLG

Presuming you’re on Windows, download this program to write code in:

https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/community/

select windows. I’ve never used the Mac version. 

You seem like a sharp kid, I'd honestly recommend taking a free coursera course. College level intro classes aren't too hard in my opinion. If you really wanna get the full college experience most students first learn C. I'd argue starting off with HTML is usually more typical for high school or middle school students. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

On 12/5/2018 at 2:27 PM, Ionixt said:

Are you interested in just making software or using software as a tool to perform some specific tasks (artificial intelligence, information security, embedded systems etc...)?

16 hours ago, MyName13 said:

Are you interested in just making software or using software as a tool to perform some specific tasks (artificial intelligence, information security, embedded systems etc...)?

Unity

On 12/10/2018 at 2:05 AM, Ionixt said:

Unity

Unity is a game dev software. 

Try these:

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials

or for when you inevitably need to read

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/index.html?_ga=2.34057569.1184060841.1544548278-1665199758.1544548278

just Download the free version, make a free account & have fun! If you’re not having fun, don’t do it. 

On 12/5/2018 at 8:27 AM, Ionixt said:

C# is just a ripped off Java minus the benefits of widespread crossplatform compatibility. 

Sudo make me a sandwich