Maximus VI Formula - where to buy

LinusTech

NCIX: http://ncix.com/search/?categoryid=0&q=maximus+VI+formula

Amazon: http://geni.us/YQabkT

The Maximus VI Formula is the highest end board that I'd consider somewhat justifiable. The value-add features (802.11AC, better onboard ethernet, better onboard sound) are things that you'd actually have to pay more and put in add-in cards to acheive with a less expensive board. It also looks awesome, and since it's RoG the reliability should be top notch.

With that said, the option of buying a cheaper board, and getting add-in cards can make a lot of sense for frequent upgraders as well since you can carry those components forward to future builds and it's difficult to do the same thing with a motherboard.

That $300 price tag... ouch. Oh well. Great looking board :)

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Please use the search before posting, reported.

You DO realize that's Linus right?

You DO realize that's Linus right?

And does that mean he's above the CoC? No, he also has to respect them.

Make the board for AMD chips!

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Once I get to North Dakota and start working the fields there, I'll definitely be using this board for my next build.

And the joke made a whistling noise as it passed over your head...

don't worry. I don't have much faith in the overall sense of humor with humanity. I made a youtube comment asking Linus to put his family on hold so we can have more gaming videos (which of course is a joke) and I got a lot of backlash.

Me: Would you rather save for college for little Linus Jr.? Or would you rather have a few beast ass GTX Titans in your rig? With all the money that you spend on the people who you love the most, you could have gotten hella SSDs in RAID. Linus, compare having a loving family to being able to max out Metro Last Light. There is no comparison.

To normal non-cavemen homosapiens who have a normal blood pressure, this should be be an obvious joke. It might not be funny, but people with a brain should not take it seriously.

And to Linus, thanks for the hard work with this stuff. I plan on getting that board when I get money simply because it has a bunch of SATA ports and fan headers and it has room for crossfire.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

don't worry. I don't have much faith in the overall sense of humor with humanity. I made a youtube comment asking Linus to put his family on hold so we can have more gaming videos (which of course is a joke) and I got a lot of backlash.

Me: Would you rather save for college for little Linus Jr.? Or would you rather have a few beast ass GTX Titans in your rig? With all the money that you spend on the people who you love the most, you could have gotten hella SSDs in RAID. Linus, compare having a loving family to being able to max out Metro Last Light. There is no comparison.

To normal non-cavemen homosapiens who have a normal blood pressure, this should be be an obvious joke. It might not be funny, but people with a brain should not take it seriously.

And to Linus, thanks for the hard work with this stuff. I plan on getting that board when I get money simply because it has a bunch of SATA ports and fan headers and it has room for crossfire.

Oh god, the day something like Gangnam Style (Which is dead now) became popular, humour seemed to die. I suspect in your case it was more Linuses fan girls though.

looks really nice. too expensive though :\. maybe. maybe.

on a side note, the aluminium vrm cooling, would a silver bullet work as well as anti-corrosive additives?