[Kinda Tech] Sennheiser opens corporate building for refugees.

JDFL

The refugee situation in germany is getting more and more serious, Sennheiser reacted to this by opening one of their corporate buildings as a reception center and more importantly a space for social gatherings, education, music and sports shall be created there, needs that many seem to forget when it comes to creating living space for refugees.

Not really tech related but I wasn't sure where to put it. Please move if neccessary.

Source [German]:

http://www.backstagepro.de/thema/sennheiser-stellt-gebaeude-als-fluechtlingsunterkunft-zur-verfuegung-2015-10-28-7HpGFPtwpD

Good for them. Love it when companies do things like this; help the situation, get a nice little bit of good rep and marketing done as well.

Well done Sennheiser you kings

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Now if only I could afford their headphones.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Good guy Sennheiser 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

music 

good sounding music :P

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Good for them. Love it when companies do things like this; help the situation, get a nice little bit of good rep and marketing done as well.

It's not like Sennheiser needs it...nevertheless it's nice to see things like these from companies.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

That's awesome.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Now that 'sounds' good.. **ba dum tiss**

lol get outta here haha

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Everyone is praising Sennheiser for their noble deeds, but i imagine this will backfire right in their faces. I have quite a few German friends on TeamSpeak that have been very vocal about the Syrian Refugee issue. Apparently, any act of kindness gets exploited to the point where fights break out.

I want to believe this is going to do a lot of good for people, but i can't help but feel this is going to also cause an equivalent amount of trouble.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Everyone is praising Sennheiser for their noble deeds, but i imagine this will backfire right in their faces. I have quite a few German friends on TeamSpeak that have been very vocal about the Syrian Refugee issue. Apparently, any act of kindness gets exploited to the point where fights break out.

I want to believe this is going to do a lot of good for people, but i can't help but feel this is going to also cause an equivalent amount of trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_XHkgScOSY

SLOW INTERNET

A lot of those are kind of irritating, but I also hate when the videos/news are just biased and wrong. For example at 4:10 they show a clip saying "guy says woman are lower than dogs" or something like that because he would give food to a woman that he wouldn't give to dogs. If you watch the video he clearly says "this for woman problem" and they just leave out "problem" so the text says "this for woman".... That is terrible reporting.

In another clip the reporter asks how is the food and the guy says its ok its middle. He was asked a question about the food and didn't complain what is wrong with that?

I know this isn't your video and I appreciate you sharing that point, I'm just irritated by bad reporting.

A lot of those are kind of irritating, but I also hate when the videos/news are just biased and wrong. For example at 4:10 they show a clip saying "guy says woman are lower than dogs" or something like that because he would give food to a woman that he wouldn't give to dogs. If you watch the video he clearly says "this for woman problem" and they just leave out "problem" so the text says "this for woman".... That is terrible reporting.

In another clip the reporter asks how is the food and the guy says its ok its middle. He was asked a question about the food and didn't complain what is wrong with that?

I know this isn't your video and I appreciate you sharing that point, I'm just irritated by bad reporting.

You do realize that this is compilation from hours of material? In Polish mainstream media there haven't been said one bad word about refugees .

Many Poles are afraid of Islam . They won't admit it , they will use racial slurs. We are afraid about Poland turning into Islamic state. We look at reports in England or Sweden and partly agree with Putin's stance on Islam.

For now , Poland is too poor to have that problem . Everyone sees Poland as backdoor to Germany.

I feared, that this will lead to a refugee discussion..

Of course of every 100 or so refugees that flee their homes, their will be some assholes amongst them, independent of the fact which religion/culture/ethnical background they have, you can't prevent that but I guess if you think for 10 seconds you will find a lot of people in your social group that you wouldn't want to have around you either, that's what makes a society: Difference. You don't have to get along with every person on the planet, refugee or not but you have to accept, that rich and peaceful countries have the duty to help and support people that suffer from war or poverty, especially when you think about the fact that some countries even profit from every bullet fired (if you sell them guns, you cannot deny the responsibility for the victims.

I'm affraid that vast majority of these people are ECONOMIC MIGRANTS or worse and NOT REFUGEES as mainstream media is presenting them! Europe will be in HUGE problems in upcoming years and we will all feel that.  This is the end of a good old Europe.

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

Publicity stunt.

Also, anyone who houses refugees can get somewhere between 700€ to 1000€ each month for every refugee. Many use that chance to make mad cash.

Use Google Translate to read this:

https://mopo24.de/nachrichten/toeberich-miete-monat-fluechtlinge-asylgeschaeft-dresden-sachsen-22029

For 180,000 euros per month , the investor offered ... her property to the city.

And were not talking about apartments or houses. Nope, she wanted them to live in containers.

This. I am German, live close to a refugee camp and a friend's daughter works for a local newspaper and thus happens to know more than the general public. I was even thinking about working there but it's too dangerous. Your friends are right. 

I'm not against helping people in need but a lot of those who came shouldn't be here and those who truly fled from warzones don't get enough help because there simply aren't enough resources. 

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

The EU will break apart just like Yugoslavia did, it's almost the same scheme. I'm sorry if this sounds pessimistic but this is world's new reality and I'm very sad because of that to be honest.

This "migrant crysis" is nothing more than organized invasion of civilized Europe, new world order at its best and we are in the front seat row ladies and gentleman.

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

Ahh, really is good to see germany now being one of the only openly accepting countries in the EU for refugees. All too commonly pushed is the idea that germans are up tight, closed fisted, and unwilling to change; and yet in the face of a massive flux of refugees, they are basically the only ones saying, please if you can come here, we can, and will help you. Rather unlike greece, poland, denmark, and italy.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

As a European I hate them. Seriously wished they went to some other Muslim countries.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

As a European I hate them. Seriously wished they went to some other Muslim countries.

Actually they did. Lebanon is literally overloaded handling the largest percentage, and so is Jordan. It's countries like mine that should offer more help. And don't generalise on them, some of them just don't have a choice.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide