'Yelp for people' app will let you 'rate' real-life human beings

jos
Peeple, an app that will allow users to rate and search other human beings. It’s Yelp for people, and it’s coming in November.

When the app launches, users will be able to review their friends, coworkers, and romantic partners — who may or may not have ever signed on to the app themselves — using a one- to five-star rating scale.

In order to rate somebody, you need to join the app through Facebook using your real name, and you must be at least 21 years old. To review somebody else who is not on the app, you can create a profile for them with their cell phone number; they will be notified via text that they have been added to Peeple, but they won’t have an option to remove their profile from the app.

If you are not on Peeple yourself but others are rating you, then only positive reviews will be posted. If you have, in fact, registered, then negative reviews will be published, but only after 48 hours of being written so that you will have a chance to dispute them

I think it is unethical and illegal in many places... want to see how it develops.. there may be revenge ratings as well...

terrible idea.. Some things should stay private / out of the spotlight IMO.

I understand some of the things that could be on there would be a good thing like knowing whether or not they've borrowed $ and not repayed etc, but at the same time eh...

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

So it's like Tinder, but more specific. Nothing like making other people feel insecure!

81386d1326155276_your_best_acid_southpar

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

I smell a lawsuit 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Anyone I know adds me to that app, they're losing their phone.

I can see the concept. But if you break up with someone they may review you poorly and reveal personal info.

I can see what it was for. You meet someone in a coffee shop and thought they were nice so you rate them or w/e

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

gotta occupy the losers somehow... as it always has been the case

How is classifying human beings and rating them on no other basis than pure looks useful in any matter ? 

Oh

Cuz people are fucking stupid

The people behind this seems incredibly naive. Wanting to spread love and all that, while the reality is that this app will most likely be used for trolling/scorned people.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Holy crap... I'm probably going to get shit for this but I actually thought of this idea like two weeks ago lol.

Reading a restaurant review but thinking about people is hilarious: "Excellent treatment, very nice staff kind and attentive to your needs. A little cozy place but very chic and nice looking, took a long time to have the goods delivered but boy was it worth the wait: best I've eaten in town so far!"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Social media sites...the cancer of the internet.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

In this day and age where everyone is offended for everything, and everything must be rainbows, unicorns and everything has to be politically correct. I wonder how people are going to handle this lol. But then again, people can just not sign up. It also makes you wonder how things will smooth out, because among friends, everyone is just giving out 5 stars lol. Hopefully the vote is anonymous. I don't like how if I don't want to be apart of the app, someone can still put me on there with my phone number. I don't want any annoying texts. There's a reason I didn't sign up. And the ability to dispute negative reviews of you, I can only see this rustling everyone's' Jimmies. 

Let me just calm down and stop before I start flipping tables....

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

whelp too late...

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Great, now I don't even have to sign up to any services to have my personal details plastered onto the internet.

It's not very common for me to hope something crashes, burns, and dies... But I hope this crashes, burns, and dies.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

most of new tech is developed for this use? the millennial generation should be renamed to the "look at me while i look at myself with my head up my arse generation"