PS4 price drop

Oberon.Smite

Geforce 610? That's like marginally better than integrated intel graphics though. You need a 750ti to be a bit behind a PS4

the low en 600 series is actually really nice if you know what to do with them.

and i REALLY didnt pick this build as a gaming rig. off the top of my head if you're REALLY saving you can squeeze a 750Ti in.

Seeing how consoles are already great value it'll be even tougher to build a comparable PC without dipping into the used parts market and pirating Windows.

the low en 600 series is actually really nice if you know what to do with them.

and i REALLY didnt pick this build as a gaming rig. off the top of my head if you're REALLY saving you can squeeze a 750Ti in.

Yes, but if you had an i3 with the iris pro 6200 you could have close to that performance for basically just 120 bucks for both processor and graphics. That's a real game changer but intel just doesn't gives a fuck about gaming.

17-IGP-GTA-V.png

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yes, but if you had an i3 with the iris pro 6200 you could have close to that performance for basically just 120 bucks for both processor and graphics. That's a real game changer but intel just doesn't gives a fuck about gaming.

well, i'm thinking they're keeping iris pro as a high end asset for now.

look at it like this: they need to prepare something "just in case" AMD ZEN absolutely blows them away.

intel isnt jackasses, they're very smart buisinessmen.

well, i'm thinking they're keeping iris pro as a high end asset for now.

look at it like this: they need to prepare something "just in case" AMD ZEN absolutely blows them away.

intel isnt jackasses, they're very smart buisinessmen.

That doesn't really makes a lot of sense: Most people using iGpu for non-gaming stuff just want their display. Maybe way later down the line they'll want 4k video playback but that's sorta doable already.

The only people that actually would want a really powerful integrated graphics solutions are budget gamers, people looking into living room machines, laptop gamers on a budget, etc. 

Is not a huge market, in fact relatively tiny. But the point is that it's already there. If the cost is a big higher to put on a chip then it should be like a "premium" i3 that's an i3 (2 cores hyperthreated) priced the same as a low end i5. that's a very reasonable proposition. And if they had interest on this smaller market then why they promised and spent R&D on the iris pro 6200. That's what's so frustrating, it's done, ready to go. Yet intel just wants to sit on it for no good reason.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah, but after you pay the yearly fee for online and an extra controller which most people want you're right back over $400. 

Yeah, that's almost like adding a mouse and keyboard, monitor, speakers/headphones..

...oh wait.

i just bought an xbone used for $250 (- whatever money i make from selling kinect)

really want to play halo/crackdown/forza and maybe gears 4

couldn't care less about 99% ps4 exclusives tbh but that's just me

i just bought an xbone used for $250 (- whatever money i make from selling kinect)

really want to play halo/crackdown/forza and maybe gears 4

couldn't care less about 99% ps4 exclusives tbh but that's just me

Kden.jpg

The lower it goes, the more likely I am to pick one up to replace my PS3 as a netflix/video streaming device.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro