Are Consoles Worth Buying? And which ones do you like.

Consoles are fine under a few circumstances:

Limited budget. If someone only has about 350 and already owns a TV, a console is probably the most economical solution short term.

Limited knowledge. There are actually still people out there who are "scared" to use a keyboard for gaming because of the numerous amount of buttons, and also are not smart enough to figure out how to lego a computer together or ask for help.

Used to controllers. A mouse and keyboard is far more accurate than a controller, but to some a controller is a lot more familiar, or they don't have enough desk space for a proper battlestation.

Thats about all I can think of, consoles are not good for gaming since games hardly run on them, their features are limited, and statistically costs more to own than a PC.

Everything went smoothly in this comment until that last part.........

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

My favourite systems are the NEO GEO, Famicom AV, WiiU... and I'm waiting for the PS-IO to be released. I'd also love to get my hands on a Rhea and a Jaguar so I can play Tempest 2000 on my arcade cabinet.

So why should OP get a PS2 when you can emulate all PS2 games?

Also I doubt the PS2 can still play Most Wanted at 8K with 8X aa and 16X AF @60FPS

2LZ1Ppu.jpg

That looks terrible. I'd much rather play the original on a good CRT TV via RGB.

Also, emulation is like masturbating. 

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

This Console v PC debate is getting very childish to be honest, If people want to buy a console let them buy it if people want to build a PC let them build it.

The question is 'Are consoles worth buying' well that will depend completely on the person.

1. Are you a hardcore gamer that wants the best of graphic performance and tweaking: Get a PC

2. Are you the relax fun loving gamer that just want to play games and couldn't give a shit about fps or resolution and has a small budget: Get a console.

I own a PC and a console. Is my PC better for gaming? Yes for me personally, but the console does have its place.

So to the OP if you feel like you wanna buy a console and you feel the games will interest you than buy it its your money just enjoy the games you play.

Remember your not signing a contract and bound to it forever.

This Console v PC debate is getting very childish to be honest, If people want to buy a console let them buy it if people want to build a PC let them build it.

The question is 'Are consoles worth buying' well that will depend completely on the person.

1. Are you a hardcore gamer that wants the best of graphic performance and tweaking: Get a PC

2. Are you the relax fun loving gamer that just want to play games and couldn't give a shit about fps or resolution and has a small budget: Get a console.

I own a PC and a console. Is my PC better for gaming? Yes for me personally, but the console does have its place.

So to the OP if you feel like you wanna buy a console and you feel the games will interest you than buy it its your money just enjoy the games you play.

Remember your not signing a contract and bound to it forever.

It's not a debate "what is better" but "wich is better value"

And sorry man but this sentence:

"Are you the relax fun loving gamer that just want to play games and couldn't give a shit about fps or resolution and has a small budget: Get a console"

It's just dumb. So if i game on my PC i'm NOT a "relax fun loving gamer that just want to play games"?

C'mon man.

It's not a debate "what is better" but "wich is better value"

And sorry man but this sentence:

"Are you the relax fun loving gamer that just want to play games and couldn't give a shit about fps or resolution and has a small budget: Get a console"

It's just dumb. So if i game on my PC i'm NOT a "relax fun loving gamer that just want to play games"?

C'mon man.

C'mon man what? If people want to buy consoles let them buy it no point no point bitching and moaning about it. why to PC owners get so uptight about theses things surely there's more important things to worry about.

"garbage" as in "my computer can't run anything with those" garbage or "it's broken" garbage

Both. The emulators are so poorly coded and optimized that it is just a bad experience, far worse than what playing the game on the intended platform would be. There are so many bugs and issues when using them that they its not even worth it. Theres always some gamebreakinig issue that comes up. The only platforms that are currently emulatable to a playable standard are N64, and the Game Boy. 

Both. The emulators are so poorly coded and optimized that it is just a bad experience, far worse than what playing the game on the intended platform would be. There are so many bugs and issues when using them that they its not even worth it. Theres always some gamebreakinig issue that comes up. The only platforms that are currently emulatable to a playable standard are N64, and the Game Boy. 

Most PS2 games can be ALMOST PERFECTLY emulated aside from some graphical issues

and you gotta remember this is normally a group of like 20 or less people working to emulate an entire goddamn foreign architecture to x86

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

The current generation of consoles has done a pretty terrible job of hooking me so far. I've been finding may more value in having a PC for any online multiplayer games and a 3DS for JRPGs and a few niche games. There are also plenty of great hidden gems on PC.

For me:

XBONE: It's a Call of Halofield: Modern Gears of Forza system. Nothing there for me to care about. No imagination, no creativity. If it gets Monster Hunter I'll get it.

PS4: IT'S GETTING GOD DAMN PERSONA 5. But the library isn't a whole lot better than the Xbone save for maybe a few more creative exclusives. Also if it gets Monster Hunter I'll get it.

WiiU: Definitely the best library of games out of the 3, but it's way underpowered and is too expensive for what it really is. If it gets Monster Hunter I'll get it.

monster hunter on the PSP, I spent all my time on that.

I was going to skip this generation - or perhaps drop console gaming completely - but it's these damn exclusives that's just hard for me to resist. 

I got a Wii U a couple years back because I have a daughter now who's into Mario characters.  We play a lot of Super Mario 3D World together.

As for the PS4 front, I tried as long as I could to ignore its exclusives even though I hold them to such high esteem in previous generation (Uncharted, God of War series, The Last of Us).

And then Bloodborne dropped in price at one of the stores here...

As a Souls games fanatic, I just had to buy it and eventually bought a PS4 last week (which also went on sale thanks to Walmart).

I think this time around, I'll stick to console exclusives for the PS4 and Wii U.  My PC is still beefy as it is and I love playing the AAA 3rd party titles on it with no compromise in graphic quality.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr