Are Consoles Worth Buying? And which ones do you like.

I think the only console worth buying to me is PS2. Even though i'm gonna be playing only 2-4 games on it (Gran Turismo 4, Gran Turismo 2, Gran Turismo 1 and Tekken 5). Also the memories i had when i got my first PS2 were awesome. When i got it the seal on the box said Playstation 2 + Tomb Raider. I opened the box and got the PS2 (duh..) and Tekken 5 Platinum. So.... yeaah..

You can emulate Wii games on PC too, just saying  :D

I really hope the Nintendo NX is gonna be good, might get one. Hopefully with a 4K blu-ray reader?

If I were able to emulate some of the WiiU games I played with my friends on the PC with minimal issue, I would drop it in a heart beat. I rarely play Wii games. I also doubt that Nintendo would turn their device into a blu-ray player. Would require them shelling out extra money for licensing.  Would be cool though.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Installing drivers? apart from GPU drivers, all you have to do is plug them in and Windows Update gets them for you automatically. Even GPU drivers are in Windows Update.

c'mon we all know that isnt true ive got both pc and an Xone 

I think the only console worth buying to me is PS2. Even though i'm gonna be playing only 2-4 games on it (Gran Turismo 4, Gran Turismo 2, Gran Turismo 1 and Tekken 5). Also the memories i had when i got my first PS2 were awesome. When i got it the seal on the box said Playstation 2 + Tomb Raider. I opened the box and got the PS2 (duh..) and Tekken 5 Platinum. So.... yeaah..

you should just geta ps2 emulator 

It all depends.  If you want to hangout irl with friends and chill they are worth it.  If you want to lay out on the couch after work and relax they are worth it.  If you want to hardcore game and go hard, pc's are the way to go.  I know there's adaptations for PC, but if you want a true living room experience consoles are the way to go.

It all depends.  If you want to hangout irl with friends and chill they are worth it.  If you want to lay out on the couch after work and relax they are worth it.  If you want to hardcore game and go hard, pc's are the way to go.  I know there's adaptations for PC, but if you want a true living room experience consoles are the way to go.

My PC is in the living room, so a PC is actually better for local-coop because it has hunderds if not thousands of local-coop games.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I would say a good gaming PC is the most worth buying. But if there are specific exclusive games you want to be able to play, buying a console could be worthwhile.

For my part, an Xbone or PS4 would give me access to a lot of multi-platform releases that are just plain better on PC, and not many exclusives I'd actually care about. A Wii U still looks like a reasonably good purchase, though.

I like my Xbox One, XBL is pretty awesome and the controller was the deciding factor for me. I cannot stand Sony's symmetrical thumb sticks. Although I only play my console when I need my CoD. My 360 is pretty damn useless now lol.

Red Dead Redemption !!!  :P

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I already have a xbox one but I would like to hear from others on what you think about gaming Consoles. And what do you think is better WII U, Xbox one, or PS4 and please give reasons

I personally have most all of the consoles. I was all aboard the hype train and bought an XB1, got the Day 1 Edition, played the shit out of Titanfall and a few other games for a few months, then sat it down and bought a PS4 as i got friends that played PS4. Played the shit out of that for a llloonnngg time while i worked on learning how to build a gaming computer and get money for parts and this that and the other thing. Now i have a B.A. Baracus gaming PC that i use for about 90% of my gaming, the other 10% is XB1.

I love console gaming. Its much easier to use, its much cheaper to buy and to own, and believe it or not but multiplayer tends to be more fun what with the raging 12 year old mother fucking pot heads and shit. I prefer my PC to play games on because i recently bought a beautiful monitor that makes games and movies look AMAZING and i can still use my beloved 360 Wired controller. Games on PC TEND to be cheaper, but are not always, and when youre not in the gaming you have the whole functionality of a strong computer for businessy or other adult type things......or pr0n

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

I gotta add my 2 cents, i just fucking have to.

I'm 28 and i started playing when i was like 6-7? Now, after like 18 years of gaming/switching from consoles and pc back and forth i feel a little tired of my rig.

It's kinda hard to explain. Whenever i go to play games, i lock myself in my small hive attaching my ass to the desk. Wife is in the other room. I feel i can only play at night, because for some unknown reason i can't focus otherwise. When as playing on console i can do it no matter time and day. Lately i feel stressed when playing on my pc. Not physically but mentally. Maxing out every single game, reading about all the new hardware, constantly switching something and if not, thinking what could with it or buy for it. All the software, hardware, money. Again, when playing on console i felt relaxed. I was chilling, not caring for the framerate or hardware issues. I was getting the experience as it was. Me and my game, that's all. Now when i have time of my own, before i start the game i'm checking 2 mailboxes, fucktylion youtube videos of retards hurting each other, let's plays of some random idiots i don't give fuck about. Reading about new GPU, setups or other shit i don't have money for but still wonder how cool it would be to own it. How to maximise the fps in my game instead of just fucking playing it. And before i know it, instead of playing 3-4 hours i have 1 hour. I don't know, i sound like i'm loosing my shit. What happened to simple turn on the system and play. Now i have to deal with stupid shit like steam, origin, uplay, fucking battle.net, battle logs and who knows what will be next. 

Sorry for the rant. I just had to.

wii u all day every day

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I gotta add my 2 cents, i just fucking have to.

I'm 28 and i started playing when i was like 6-7? Now, after like 18 years of gaming/switching from consoles and pc back and forth i feel a little tired of my rig.

It's kinda hard to explain. Whenever i go to play games, i lock myself in my small hive attaching my ass to the desk. Wife is in the other room. I feel i can only play at night, because for some unknown reason i can't focus otherwise. When as playing on console i can do it no matter time and day. Lately i feel stressed when playing on my pc. Not physically but mentally. Maxing out every single game, reading about all the new hardware, constantly switching something and if not, thinking what could with it or buy for it. All the software, hardware, money. Again, when playing on console i felt relaxed. I was chilling, not caring for the framerate or hardware issues. I was getting the experience as it was. Me and my game, that's all. Not when i have of my own, before i start the game i'm checking 2 mailboxes, fucktylion youtube videos of retards hurting each other, let's plays of some random idiots i don't give fuck about. Reading about new GPU, setups or other shit i don't have money for but still wonder how cool it would be to own it. How to maximise the fps in my game instead of just fucking playing it. And before i know it, instead of playing 3-4 hours i have 1 hour. I don't know, i sound like i'm loosing my shit. What happened to simple turn on the system and play. Now i have to deal with stupid shit like steam, origin, uplay, fucking battle.net, battle logs and who knows what will be next. 

Sorry for the rant. I just had to.

Three tips:

1) Put your rig in the living room or use a long hdmi cable&usb cable or Steam Link.

2) Get your wife into gaming. Try the LEGO series, they seem childish at first but if you guys watched the movies they are a lot of fun.

3) You are 28 and married. Probably DINK (Double Income No Kids). I don't think it's hard for you to get one or two 980Ti's and a +55 inch 4K TV if I can do that at 20 with a shitty job. Two 980Ti's in your already awesome 4790K system would smash all games at 4K 60FPS Ultra without even thinking about settings.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Consoles are absolutely worth buying. Either a PS4 or Xbox One would be your best bet, right now. Though I have a soft spot for the Vita. That is an incredibly underrated handheld console with TONS of amazing games. I have both a PS4 and Xbox One (and obviously PC) but I play way more on the PlayStation. I will always keep the Xbox around for games like Halo and Gears, though.

I say PS4 because with PS Plus you get a healthy selection of free games every month (if you have a PS3 and Vita you get even more free games through Plus). Sony has the best video game exclusives (I don't really count Nintendo because in my opinion their hardware isn't worth buying). Doubles as a great media device (Netflix, BluRay, plays back MKV files and the like). When VR does start taking off the Morpheus will be the cheapest entry into VR and will have the least amount of barriers to entry (and I genuinely think it has a good chance at taking an early lead in adoption rate because it will only require a PS4 to work fully). Honestly, Uncharted deserves a special mention here, too. Between the Uncharted Collection coming to PS4 this fall and Uncharted 4 hitting next year I could almost use that as reason enough to buy a PS4.

I know this is a predominantly PC gaming centric forum, and I love PC gaming but there is really no reason to hate on consoles. The PC will always be where the bleeding edge is but their are so many valuable, special GAMING experiences that can be found on console too that you're really doing yourself a disservice by dismissing it entirely. Steam has lots of great indie games but PSN gets tons of great indie stuff, too. Graphics and performance have their place (and it's an important place) but at the end of the day that is only one aspect that defines the quality of experience you will have. Some of the best games I play nowadays aren't all that technically impressive they're just really well crafted, fun games. Sometimes I want to be hunched over my mouse and keyboard to play a game but others I want to be sitting back playing couch co-op with a friend. Everything has its place.

It's pretty simple the way I see it, the hardware doesn't come into it at all if you already have "the hardware". You don't complain about the capacity of an SSD if you're installing it alongside a 3TB HDD. You install both because they compliment each other. Same deal here. It's all about how much extra content you'll be able to get when you get that additional device. So here's a list showing that as plainly as I can.

Reasons to buy a PS4 if you don't have a PC/XBOne:

- GTA 5

- Arkham Knight

- The Last of Us

- Assassin's Creed 4

- The Witcher 3

- Dark Souls 2

- Uncharted 4 (when it comes out)

- the indie titles

Reasons to buy a PS4 if you already have a PC/XBOne:

- The Last of Us

- Bloodborne

(and a similar deal for XBOne and PC)

Reasons to buy a Wii U if you don't have a PC/PS4/XBOne:

- Splatoon

- Mario Kart 8

- Smash Bros

- Bayonetta 2

- Pikmin 3

- Mario Maker (next month)

- Zelda U (when it comes out)

- The indie titles

Reasons to buy a Wii U if you already have a PC/PS4/XBOne:

- Splatoon

- Mario Kart 8

- Smash Bros

- Bayonetta 2

- Pikmin 3

- Mario Maker (next month)

- Zelda U (when it comes out)

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

It's pretty simple the way I see it, the hardware doesn't come into it at all if you already have "the hardware". You don't complain about the capacity of an SSD if you're installing it alongside a 3TB HDD. You install both because they compliment each other. Same deal here. It's all about how much extra content you'll be able to get when you get that additional device. So here's a list showing that as plainly as I can.

Reasons to buy a PS4 if you don't have a PC/XBOne:

- GTA 5

- Arkham Knight

- The Last of Us

- Assassin's Creed 4

- The Witcher 3

- Dark Souls 2

- the indie title

Wait what? How is GTA/AC Greed etc. a reason to get a PS4 when they are on Xbox One too (and PC)? Last time I was on G2A I saw Black Flag for Xbox One for like 3$.

Reasons to buy a PS4 if you already have a PC/XBOne:

- The Last of Us

- Bloodborne

The Last of Us (Yeah, another post apocalyptic game,woohoo!)

Bloodborne (Dark Souls 2.5? Dark Souls 3 is coming soon anyway)

Uncharted 4 (I'm pretty sure everyone would rather play Tomb Raider by then)

So yeah, I will stick with PC until Nintendo NX comes out next year... hope it will be good  :)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Wait what? How is GTA/AC Greed etc. a reason to get a PS4 when they are on Xbox One too (and PC)? Last time I was on G2A I saw Black Flag for Xbox One for like 3$.

Umm, I think you missed my point.

The first list was "reasons to buy a PS4 if you don't have a PC/XBOne". The fact that you can also play those games on PC or XBOne is kinda the point. Because as I said earlier if you own any one of them there's not much of a reason to buy one of the others. But if you don't own any of them yet? Then it's a good platform, they're all good platforms. Then I listed the reasons why you might want one if you did have a PC or XBOne. Your lack of enthusiasm again is kinda the point. Personally I'd love to play The Last of Us, I'm not as cynical about it as you are, but it's only one game. Bloodborne? Well I personally never got into Dark Souls but for people who did? I assume that's a decent game to also get. Uncharted 4? If I had a PS4 I'd be hyped, but I'm pretty sure I can live with all the imitators and clones.

All of that was in contrast to the Nintendo list. This time for the Wii U but I'm sure it'll also be true of the NX whatever it is and whenever it comes out. Short of emulating previous versions of those games, upscaled standard def textures, or sourcing old consoles to play previous versions on? You can't get those games elsewhere. The closest you'll get is trying to get similar games. Bayonetta 2? I guess DmC is a decent substitute. Super Mario Maker? Rom hacked Marios, possibly. Splatoon? You can play TF2 singing "I'm a squid now" while taking acid I guess. The big 2D platformers like DK and Yoshi? Well there are plenty in the indie scene. Mario Kart? Sonic All Stars is along the same lines. Zelda? ... well there are games that try to be like Zelda.... Smash Bros? Pikmin 3? ............

Get where I'm coming from? If you own a PC you already own something that covers most of what you can get on the PS4. Same deal the other way around. And with the XBOne. There are a few exclusives but it's stuff that most people would happily cover with something else that is close enough. With Nintendo it's not like that. Pretty much everything you'd buy a Nintendo console for is stuff that can only be found on Nintendo's consoles. Sometimes to the point where it's hard to think of another game that even comes close. There is no Smash Bros like Smash Bros, no Zelda like Zelda. But there are no Splatoons or Pikmins anywhere.

Umm, I think you missed my point.

The first list was "reasons to buy a PS4 if you don't have a PC/XBOne". The fact that you can also play those games on PC or XBOne is kinda the point. Because as I said earlier if you own any one of them there's not much of a reason to buy one of the others. But if you don't own any of them yet? Then it's a good platform, they're all good platforms. Then I listed the reasons why you might want one if you did have a PC or XBOne. Your lack of enthusiasm again is kinda the point. Personally I'd love to play The Last of Us, I'm not as cynical about it as you are, but it's only one game. Bloodborne? Well I personally never got into Dark Souls but for people who did? I assume that's a decent game to also get. Uncharted 4? If I had a PS4 I'd be hyped, but I'm pretty sure I can live with all the imitators and clones.

All of that was in contrast to the Nintendo list. This time for the Wii U but I'm sure it'll also be true of the NX whatever it is and whenever it comes out. Short of emulating previous versions of those games, upscaled standard def textures, or sourcing old consoles to play previous versions on? You can't get those games elsewhere. The closest you'll get is trying to get similar games. Bayonetta 2? I guess DmC is a decent substitute. Super Mario Maker? Rom hacked Marios, possibly. Splatoon? You can play TF2 singing "I'm a squid now" while taking acid I guess. The big 2D platformers like DK and Yoshi? Well there are plenty in the indie scene. Mario Kart? Sonic All Stars is along the same lines. Zelda? ... well there are games that try to be like Zelda.... Smash Bros? Pikmin 3? ............

Get where I'm coming from? If you own a PC you already own something that covers most of what you can get on the PS4. Same deal the other way around. And with the XBOne. There are a few exclusives but it's stuff that most people would happily cover with something else that is close enough. With Nintendo it's not like that. Pretty much everything you'd buy a Nintendo console for is stuff that can only be found on Nintendo's consoles. Sometimes to the point where it's hard to think of another game that even comes close. There is no Smash Bros like Smash Bros, no Zelda like Zelda. But there are no Splatoons or Pikmins anywhere.

I thought you were saying all those multiplatform games just because PS4 has "better graphics". In fact GTA V 5 runs on both consoles at 1080P. Who cares about "graphics" on consoles, when people are playing GTA V on PC at 1440P 144hz or 4K 60hz?

I said I am hyped to see what Nintendo NX will bring, but your argument about Nintendo isn't true. So far all nintendo platforms can be emulated with exception of the Wii-U. Why would I want to play Mario Kart 8 with my friends, when I can play Mario Kart 6 on my PC without spending the extra money on the Wii-U. It's not like we are missing out on something in 6 versus 8. Also, there is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed indeed which is pretty much the same, with 10x better graphics, 100x more challenging gameplay.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I thought you were saying all those multiplatform games just because PS4 has "better graphics". In fact GTA V 5 runs on both consoles at 1080P. Who cares about "graphics" on consoles, when people are playing GTA V on PC at 1440P 144hz or 4K 60hz?

No, I'm saying that if you don't have a "current gen" platform then there are reasons to get one. GTA5 is worth getting a new system for because of the improvement in visuals compared to what you got on the 360, PS3 or an older PC. But also games like Arkham Knight which aren't available on the 360/PS3 at all. But that if you have one then there is far less reason to get a second. If you already have a PC for playing games why would you get a PS4 as a secondary gaming machine if you can already play most of the good "PS4 games"? If you're committed to getting a second machine why not get a thing that has games you can't play on your PC?

I said I am hyped to see what Nintendo NX will bring, but your argument about Nintendo isn't true. So far all nintendo platforms can be emulated with exception of the Wii-U. Why would I want to play Mario Kart 8 with my friends, when I can play Mario Kart 6 on my PC without spending the extra money on the Wii-U. It's not like we are missing out on something in 6 versus 8. Also, there is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed indeed which is pretty much the same, with 10x better graphics, 100x more challenging gameplay.

All of Nintendo's platforms can be emulated well except the Wii U. Funnily enough though it's the Wii U that we're talking about here. I don't even need to get into the ethics of emulation because we all know that Wii U emulation isn't really there yet anyways. I don't see how that dents the point I'm making about how the Wii U is a platform that gives you access to the most content you can't get elsewhere. Because it is. You can't play its games on PC, you certainly can't on a PS4.

On your bit about Mario Kart Wii on Dolphin vs Sonic All Stars vs Mario Kart 8? Just to start, I haven't played the Sonic one. But from what I've seen of it it's not a better looking game than Mario Kart 8, it's not even close. So that's not an accurate statement. Also based on reviews it didn't rate anywhere near as well as Mario Kart 8 did. With Mario Kart Wii it's far easier. That game is a standard def game with standard def assets. It doesn't matter how good the emulator is you're going to have standard def assets. And as someone who's a bit of a Mario Kart fanboy (see avatar)? Mario Kart Wii is definitely not better than 8. Not just for visuals. Mario Kart 8 is easily the best one. I'd agree that they're both substitutes if you don't want to get another console, but they both are inferior to the real deal.

BTW, in only pointing out Mario Kart you forgot that the Wii U has more than one game. Super Mario Maker does not exist in any form that makes it an actual game outside of the Wii U. Splatoon is easily the most unique game Nintendo has come up with since Pikmin and their best game since Galaxy and it only exists on the Wii U.  Bayonetta 2 is a fantastic game in its own right, leagues above the original. I'm fairly confident that Zelda will be worth it when it comes out. And sure, third party support on the Wii U is average. But if you have a PC/PS4 or XBOne what does it matter? You can already play those games! Regardless of what you own the Wii U will give you access to the about the same number of games you can't play. The other platforms give you bugger all if you have one of the others.

BTW, in only pointing out Mario Kart you forgot that the Wii U has more than one game. Super Mario Maker does not exist in any form that makes it an actual game outside of the Wii U. Splatoon is easily the most unique game Nintendo has come up with since Pikmin and their best game since Galaxy and it only exists on the Wii U.  Bayonetta 2 is a fantastic game in its own right, leagues above the original. I'm fairly confident that Zelda will be worth it when it comes out. And sure, third party support on the Wii U is average. But if you have a PC/PS4 or XBOne what does it matter? You can already play those games! Regardless of what you own the Wii U will give you access to the about the same number of games you can't play. The other platforms give you bugger all if you have one of the others.

Yes but I ain't gonna spend 299€ for the Wii-U when the NX will launch probably at E3 2016.

And about the other consoles, I didn't even have time to finish either GTA V or Witcher 3, do you think I care about Uncharted 4,Bloodborne etc. when I haven't played 80% of my 500 Steam games?

There are too many games out there, and not a lot of time :(

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Yes but I ain't gonna spend 299€ for the Wii-U when the NX will launch probably at E3 2016. And about the other consoles, I didn't even have time to finish either GTA V or Witcher 3, do you think I care about Uncharted 4,Bloodborne etc. when I haven't played 80% of my 500 Steam games?

I wasn't suggesting otherwise, I was trying to make a counter-argument to the post before mine. 

I'm not at all trying to convince people that they need to get a Wii U. If people are happy with the platforms they already have or don't have then that's fine. All I'm saying is that people who already have a PC, PS4 or XBOne would be stupid to rule out the Wii U if they are planning on getting a second console. And that when people brag about how they have a PC, PS4 and XBOne I just sit here wondering why on Earth they'd need all of them? They pretty much all have the same games. I can play more games than that person can with just a Wii U and PC.

Maybe getting a PS2 or Gamecube would be pretty cool :). Awesome game library on that, for this generation the only console i'd really get would be the Wii u.

I like to leave my not so hardcore games or adventure games to the console, and for hardcorerer gaming i'd go for PC.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Maybe getting a PS2 or Gamecube would be pretty cool :). Awesome game library on that, for this generation the only console i'd really get would be the Wii u.

I like to leave my not so hardcore games or adventure games to the console, and for hardcorerer gaming i'd go for PC.

PS2 is still the best console ever IMO, it has such an amazing library

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well considering I have a PC and console

I like having both

Anything is worth it if you enjoy it

PS2 is still the best console ever IMO, it has such an amazing library

Agreed.

My favorite games were NFS Most Wanted and Crash Bandicoot Tag Team racing

The Nostalgia is flowing through me now

The consoles are currently a bargain right now. $350 for MCC Xbox One? No computer build will match that unless you buy second hand parts and succumb to the limited game library of SteamOS.