Windows 10 What Are You Thoughts So Far?

For those who have already.I don't know why Microsoft doing this for free because I it's the best operating system to date

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Its far from the best to date from MS as Windows 7 still has that title as well as Win XP. But its a nice change in the right direction, but drivers for GPU's need some serious work from Nvidia.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Its far from the best to date from MS as Windows 7 still has that title as well as Win XP. But its a nice change in the right direction, but drivers for GPU's need some serious work from Nvidia.

whats wrong with the drivers, worked fine for me, except for a little trouble installing

Smooth as fuck even on my Intel HD so far.

A beautiful mix of Windows 7, 8 and a more modern design.

Haven't had any problems so far (besides actually getting the thing) and i'm excited to run it with my 980! :D

whats wrong with the drivers, worked fine for me, except for a little trouble installing

my nvidia computer is locked at 1024x768 resolution but my amd computer is 1080p with no problems

It was a flawless install for me. I'm liking Windows 10 a lot so far!

i7 4790K - MSI XPower Z97 AC - 32GB DDR3-2400 Avexir Sabranco - ASUS Strix GTX 980 SLI - ASUS Xonar Essence - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - RoG Swift + Samsung 28" 4k UHD - Logitech Z906 5.1 - Custom Water Cooling Loop

Mobile: Samsung S8 Plus | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50X / ASUS Strix Pro | Laptop: Alienware 17 R2

my nvidia computer is locked at 1024x768 resolution but my amd computer is 1080p with no problems

thats wierd, idk, i was also able to get sli running with my 980tis

conflict with windows update driver and geforce experience and I've already had crashing with the newest driver from Nvidia with my 780 just on the desktop.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

XP was terrible. I cannot fathom how people liked it so much. You had to jump through hoops to do anything. It was a broken mess on launch that required two service packs to fix and it's still not that good. And it ran like junk, I don't think I've ever seen XP being "smooth" by any stretch of the imagination.

conflict with windows update driver and geforce experience and I've already had crashing with the newest driver from Nvidia with my 780 just on the desktop.

wierd, idk

XP was terrible. I cannot fathom how people liked it so much. You had to jump through hoops to do anything. It was a broken mess on launch that required two service packs to fix and it's still not that good. And it ran like junk, I don't think I've ever seen XP being "smooth" by any stretch of the imagination.

true

While it was terrible it was a very trusted os for softwear which I think is why its stuck around so long.

|King Of The Lost|

While it was terrible it was a very trusted os for softwear which I think is why its stuck around so long.

That's because it was the only thing in existence for the longest time, that doesn't mean it was GOOD.

Smooth as fuck even on my Intel HD so far.

Haven't had any problems so far (besides actually getting the thing) and i'm excited to run it with my 980! :D

It was a flawless install for me. I'm liking Windows 10 a lot so far!

thats wierd, idk, i was also able to get sli running with my 980tis

wierd, idk

true

been using 7 for so long w10 just feels like shit tbh.

That's because it was the only thing in existence for the longest time, that doesn't mean it was GOOD.

I have a bad feeling about this 'free' update

I feel like Microsoft is about to do some random bullshit like the NVIDIA 970 3.5GB crap

I agree that it's a step in the right direction. It just looks unfinished.

It's a mix of 7, 8, vista, xp and windows 98. They really need to focus on a style and stick to that because it's got UI elements from over a decade in the past lying around.

Many of the elements are still pretty bad for desktop users. The start menu is fine, but the popup when you click on the clock is horrible and huge now. 

I would (probably) be perfectly fine with something like this:

windows_10___dark_theme_by_metroversal-d

The window titlebars don't stick to the theme (is this supposed to be a dark theme or a light theme?) and while the start menu is dark, cortana is white.

The new settings takes up a lot of space for what it contains and is just a wash of white, doesn't even include many settings that are available elsewhere and in some cases duplicates them and makes them harder to access. (Screen resolution is an advanced setting now?).

Making a lot of apps metro is a downside for power users too, since a lot of people will disable UAC, and when you do that, metro apps are blocked. 

The list does go on, but i expect it to be a lot more polished by the time Redstone is released this time next year.

- That said, 8.1 didn't add anything at all for me since i disabled metro, and it even caused issues booting with my pump (yes, my pump...)

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I used the beta for a bit. Release seems more polished. Honestly feels very native coming from 8.1.

However, in the beta I was able to have a MS account + set a local password for login. Can't find that anymore. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

I feel like Microsoft is about to do some random bullshit like the NVIDIA 970 3.5GB crap

It's pretty much a soft launch. They get it to a releasable state, but it will be constantly updated for the next few years to improve it by adding new features and removing old stuff. There are 2 milestones: October(ish) when the "hard" release takes place and a years time when Redstone is released. (Pretty much what would be a cross between a service/expansion pack and what would have been windows 11 if they didn't say that windows 10 would be the last).

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I used the beta for a bit. Release seems more polished. Honestly feels very native coming from 8.1.

However, in the beta I was able to have a MS account + set a local password for login. Can't find that anymore. 

I bet it's lost somewhere in the control panel or settings or something like that

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr it's launch day and that NEVER goes smooth.

I swear you people are too fragile sometimes.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr it's launch day and that NEVER goes smooth.

I swear you people are too fragile sometimes.

Im not saying something is going bad.Im saying something bad might happen in the future

Once I got the install going it was as smooth as butter! 

I really dig Windows 10 and the new the start menu!  Much better IMHO than any previous version.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I have been running the insider builds for months. That said here is an interesting bug that showed up today. Double entries in the Start Button Right Click Menu. 

Untitled_zpsgpf72238.png

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

alt tabbing feels so smooth from fullscreen

LOVE IT.

@AlwaysFSX What do you think of the OS so far? I'm curious to know - please share