Why linus why

neebuilda

on a titan x of all things

post-193628-0-02963400-1432571546.jpg

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

on a titan x of all things

attachicon.gifwtf vga.JPG

since when do people want to make sense ?

you think this is nonsense ? look at the previous video xD

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

It's a test bench.

that's nothing he used 2 as counterweights to fit zipties on a socket that din't had a retention bracket 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Well since the purpose of this system and this particular Titan X is to render and not to game, it absolutely doesn't matter, it fits with the build.

that's nothing he used 2 as counterweights to fit zipties on a socket that din't had a retention bracket 

That was the exact moment I hit the like button on the video. :D

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

I was scared for life when he lifted the Cooler and the CPU came with it ... Plus the moment when the CPu was about to coem off of the socket but stays due to momentum and gravity ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Linus handles his tech rather nonchalantly

Maybe he wanted his kid to help out?

Get me my gun ... I'm gonna commit seppuku ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

So this is bad, but not the fact that instead of cleaning off old paste he simply added a bit more?

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Think about what servers use normally... Most servers still use VGA.

Think about what servers use normally... Most servers still use VGA.

Most servers are actually virtual these days but okay :lol:

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

I cry every time! )-;

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)~~▲▲▲▲~~CanyonCoolMan~~▲▲▲▲~~( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Most servers are actually virtual these days but okay :lol:

I am talking about the ones that actually connect to a monitor. Ie the master one unless it is web based. 

I am talking about the ones that actually connect to a monitor. Ie the master one unless it is web based. 

Go to a corporate environment and see how many of "those ones" they have :lol:

Most of the time you wouldn't even find a server with a monitor connected to it, rather they would have remote services installed so you don't even have to go to the server room unless you are adding/swapping drives of any sort or adding new hardware such as blades

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Linus not too long ago posted a tweet about something similar to this. 

They know how to do it properly, it's just that they decide not to :P

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I still think VGA should die in a fire, even for server environments. Let DVI replace it for cryin' out loud. I cannot stand D-Sub at all. :/

why fix what ain't broken.

I still use vga to connect to my external monitor on my windows laptop. Why? it has two ports and the dvi plug is taken by my PowerMac G5. ultimately at the resolution im running at vga doesnt look awful to me.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I was scared for life when he lifted the Cooler and the CPU came with it ... Plus the moment when the CPu was about to coem off of the socket but stays due to momentum and gravity ... 

I was cringing every feakin' moment while watching the video on YouTube. Especially when he accidentally hit the board with the pliers  :o

I want to build a rig, but I'm not a gamer.   :mellow:

I still think VGA should die in a fire, even for server environments. Let DVI replace it for cryin' out loud. I cannot stand D-Sub at all. :/

Why lol. Why use a useless fat cable that you won't need for a server.

Go to a corporate environment and see how many of "those ones" they have :lol:

Most of the time you wouldn't even find a server with a monitor connected to it, rather they would have remote services installed so you don't even have to go to the server room unless you are adding/swapping drives of any sort or adding new hardware such as blades

Go to the government and see what they have, they are running very old stuff. My father works there, it was the first thing that came to mind.

Go to the government and see what they have, they are running very old stuff. My father works there, it was the first thing that came to mind.

I work for a government organization myself and I know we don't use things like that for our server infrastructure :P