Witcher 3 Benchmarks! Holy Balls this game is demanding!

gilang01

This guy has to work for UbiSoft

Nope, I didn't even like AC Unity.(Worst AC game by far.)

But The Witcher 3 performance is worse than AC Unity which got huge flak for being badly optimized.

witcher-bench-1080-u.jpg

http://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/1947-witcher-3-pc-graphics-card-fps-benchmark

A GTX780 should not be struggling with The Witcher 3 when my 3 year old GTX670 can run AC Unity at Ultra+FXAA which uses physical based rendering and looks like this:

gallery_24650_1098_470135.jpeg

RTX2070OC 

The game is more than playful on my GTX 770 but I take off a few pointless features.

Commented above somewhere....

Take off hairworks.

Put grass on low.

Put Foliage on low.

Crank everything else. Game gets anywhere from 30-55 fps on my GTX 770.  Also....game barely uses any Vram. 1.5 maxed. AA is also off but I'm going to put it on now and see how it runs.

I said I was going to be happy if I would be around 40-45 fps on my GTX 780:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ0f47kIeKY

Guess I'm going to be happy. AA is overrated anyway, and I don't need Hairworks.

Case: Lian Li O11-dynamic mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX6800 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550 E-Gaming | Memory: 32Gb 3600Mhz G. SKILL Trident Z | PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum | Cooling: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 | Case fans: Lian Li Unifans

Nope, I didn't even like AC Unity.(Worst AC game by far.)

But The Witcher 3 performance is worse than AC Unity which got huge flak for being badly optimized.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/1947-witcher-3-pc-graphics-card-fps-benchmark

A GTX780 should not be struggling with The Witcher 3 when my 3 year old GTX670 can run AC Unity at Ultra+FXAA which uses physical based rendering and looks like this:

Instead of looking at a screenshot of a tiny indoor area, how about you compare an outdoor area with grass vs a comparable scene in the Witcher 3?

AC:U has crap for grass or anything with small polygons.  It really just looks like a couple blades of grass that have a near static cyclic animation.  In W3, the grass is thick, dense, and reacts to the wind via physics.  I mean any area in W3 with foliage completely stomps AC:U graphically.  I'm running the game on Ultra except for hairworks off, grass density on high, and foliage distance on high, and it never drops below 50fps running a single 290.  It actually hovers around 59-60 unless I hit the really graphically tough areas with lots of physics and effects.  And to think that AMD's driver isn't even out yet.  I wonder what I'll get then. ;)

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

I need to buy this game, and see what differences are made with my GTX 650 ti OC 2GB handling PhysX and CUDA processing alongside my GTX 970 (that is if the 970 doesn't crash after an hour or so of gameplay).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I had to OC my GPU to get good framerates, but I've done it!

This game runs at 50-60fps on low settings on my GTX 560. Oh that's right, a 560 back from 2011. A 4 year old mid-range GPU.

<3

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/Grafikkarten-Benchmarks-1159196/

Makes sure to press the HairWorks tab on the first benchmark. Auf = OFF, An = ON. Average 970, is 35% better than 290x. Without, it's only 4% (with HBAO+). Without that either, it's pretty neck and neck. So yeah HairWorks is horribly optimized, and run like shit on everything, but there is a massive added performance hit on AMD cards.

Ye, HairWorks is a massive hit, most felt if you try to record with anything but  shadowplay. 10-30 fps gain with HairWorks off is exactly the range I experience - 10 with only Geralt on screen, 30 in fight with several wolves at once.

That being said I don't think it's badly optimised - I'll try to make comparison video later, but the amount of detail hairworks introduces to fur is simply astounding. The now classic FurMark looks like a child's toy in comparison, and it still fries gpus like there's no tomorrow. It's thick, has many layers, reacts to movement and wind at the same time...

Gods, I wish there was an option to turn it off for hair and have it remain on for Fur. It barely does anything for hair (in my opinion Geralt's hair looks less realistic with the glossy plasticness of hairworks), yet it tanks fps the most, while all the animals look 10000% better with it on.

Everyone, please, remember how it was when witcher 2 was out.  And then remember that everything change when they pushed optimization patch. 

Thanks.  No more talk about how intensive is the game that most of gamers are excited about.

Thanks.

I had to OC my GPU to get good framerates, but I've done it!

This game runs at 50-60fps on low settings on my GTX 560. Oh that's right, a 560 back from 2011. A 4 year old mid-range GPU.

<3

Yup, the same here, with my famous gtx 460 :)

I need to buy this game, and see what differences are made with my GTX 650 ti OC 2GB handling PhysX and CUDA processing alongside my GTX 970 (that is if the 970 doesn't crash after an hour or so of gameplay).

Why would it crash?

Why would it crash?

I think its VRM are damaged, its for some reason got its core clock running stock at 177MHz over reference cards (its the G1 gaming-it should be 127MHz over reference), and it went unstable at its default settings after playing BF 1942 for about half an hour. And that's a DirectX 8 game that even my old workstation laptop can run without any problems at 1080p full settings.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Here's what my OC'd Titan X yields at 4K:

Settings are at ultra with no hairworks, motion blurr/blurr and no AA. I think the game looks fantastic.

O0Ndz68.jpg

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ