A cheap SSD to put OS on.

Gigidy

Can someone please recommend a cheap SSD that I will use to put Windows 8.1 on?

ADATA SP900.

This ^^

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

he said cheap  :mellow:

Cheap shouldn't mean crap, wouldn't kill to spend $5 more to get something much better in both speed and reliability.

"Rawr XD"

im sorry :(

It's fine! Nothing wrong with learning from other people's suggestions, and Kingston really needs to get their game together O.o

"Rawr XD"

depends on just how cheap you want to go. the Patriot Torch is super cheap. and not terrible

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

ADATA SP900.

One of the best SSD choices for the money out there. https://pcpartpicker.com/part/a-data-internal-hard-drive-asp900s3128gmc

No

Base model SanDisk SSD isn't that good and forum members who have used it have reported pretty boring speeds and some NAND write issues

he said cheap  :mellow:

I have a 60GB one. 1) It's not enough for a boot drive (stupid me) and 2) the reads/writes/IOPS are unexceptional.

Sig under construction.

Try a 120gb Kingston Fury perhaps?

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

128gb KingFast, cheapest SSD out there

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Crucial BX100.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

I have a 60GB one. 1) It's not enough for a boot drive (stupid me) and 2) the reads/writes/IOPS are unexceptional.

Is 60 GB not enough to install Windows 8.1?

Is 60 GB not enough to install Windows 8.1?

pls get 120gb

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |

if you want to focus on cheap, I'd say go with Silicon Power S60 120GB, about $50 on Amazon and is very fast for 120GB size.

If you rather want value, the 850 EVO Samsung came down in price a lot, and you could score one from 3rd party amazon seller for $65ish. Better nand, controller etc.

pls get 120gb

I want to get a 1TB hard drive for storage and an SSD for my OS, will 60 GB not be enough? Will I have to buy a 120+GB SSD?