Monoprice Blue Switch Mechanical Keyboard on sale for $44.11

Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

tweeted.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to point out that the Mechanical Keyboard made by Monoprice with Blue switches is now on sale for $44.11 (right after I bought it for $58  :( ).

So... yeah. Awesome.

Important note: This deal is a 1 day long event. It will end tonight, I believe. Though I could be wrong, that's what Monoprice.com implies.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

wish I had the money ATM :(

No idea how long the sale will last. Probably a while. Good luck.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Can anyone tell me about the quality of this keyboard? was looking to buy a ducky Shine 2 or maybe pony up for a Filco, I'd save some money and buy this instead provided the quality is up to snuff.

Either way thanks for sharing :)

edit: Nevermind the cost in shipping to Canada costs the difference anyway.

Can anyone tell me about the quality of this keyboard? was looking to buy a ducky Shine 2 or maybe pony up for a Filco, I'd save some money and buy this instead provided the quality is up to snuff.

Good Luck Finding a Ducky Shine 2 They seem to be OOS at MechanicalKeyboards.com Will have to wait for the Shine 3 most likely.

Looks like this is a very basic MX Blue keyboard. But for $45 Why not? 

Comes down to how much you are willing to pay for the LEDs

I'd get a brown version in a snap. Come on Monoprice!

I'd get any board other than blue (Already have one)

My System - Featuring Custom Laser Etching: (Out of Date - Need to update with current system pictures)
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11149-my-custom-rig-ft-custom-laser-etching/

So poor at the moment that stuck to a membrane keyboard. Really want to buy K70 red one.

Limit 10 per customer, I'm fighting the urge to buy 10 just so I can have a lifetime supply of keyboards. My credit card is trying to get me to do it. I will have to get one though. Thanks for the heads up!

$52.40 after shipping... no sales tax in WA State.

Edited by EricX2

Just bought one for my mother who's a big typist. She's been wanting one. (She's been using membrane keys :X)

Thanks for the info man.

quality is awful btw.

flexes like there is not metal plate and the case is just bad quality.

just buy it if you need the switches (which is not even a good price for them)

Would somebody maybe be able to tell me the dimensions and weight of the packaged keyboard? I want to check if shipping to NZ would be worth it, thanks

Would somebody maybe be able to tell me the dimensions and weight of the packaged keyboard? I want to check if shipping to NZ would be worth it, thanks

they have the shipping on there website

Aw, shipping kills the deal. No mechanical steam punk keyboard for me...

quality is awful btw.

flexes like there is not metal plate and the case is just bad quality.

just buy it if you need the switches (which is not even a good price for them)

I own this keyboard. It's what I'm typing on right now. Either you got a model that is sub par to mine, or you aren't talking about the same keyboard I bought (the one I linked).

edit: Nevermind the cost in shipping to Canada costs the difference anyway.

Yes, it costs the difference, but if it weren't on sale, it'd cost $72 then (doing math).

The quality is very good imo. It's fairly hard to make it flex. The keys feel good (their finish/texture is awesome). The gloss does attract finger prints, but that is only able to be seen when light is directly being reflected off the board.

Other reviewers have said that over time, the type on the keys wears off. If that is so (I've had mine for a week, and nothing has happened and I type a LOOOT), you can buy new key caps from www.wasdkeys.com if necessary.

Here's my first impressions of this Keyboard.

I know that shipping kills the deal for NZ, AU, EU, and CA people, but remember that it'd cost even more without the sale. Just a thought. Not sure if you'd find one somewhere else though for cheaper. Good luck on that.

tweeted.

Thanks Linus. :) If you could unbox this at some point, that'd be awesome. Just a thought.

† Christian Member †

$79.93 S&H where i live in Australia...

GTX970

Thats pretty awesome but for me its useless as it cost $55 to ship to aus...

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

I want to point out to everyone that this is one of Monoprice's 11 days 11 deals promotion for their 11th anniversary.

This deal is a 1 day long thing. They have 10 other deals and will have 11 new deals each day for 11 days (11).

Subwoofers, LCD IPS 30" monitors, and HDMI cables are examples of deals today. 

They are "mysteries" apparently (lol). Good luck and have fun.

† Christian Member †

Too bad it's the most bog standard keyboard design ever.

After having an Alienware TactX, I can't go back to not having backlighting and a dedicated mute button.  Never really use other media keys, but they might find their place in the future..

Now if only I could find a keyboard like the G710+, just not built like shit and with customizable backlighting instead of irritating white.

shipping it here costs more than the keyboard itself..but mechanical keyboards here are pretty expensive anyways.

shipping it here costs more than the keyboard itself..but mechanical keyboards here are pretty expensive anyways.

That's kind of my point for Non-US people. Yes, shipping makes the whole point of this sale almost moot, but it would cost just as much, if not more, in total, to buy a Mechanical Keyboard in your country where shipping is reasonable but the prices themselves are insane.

*sigh* Sorry.

† Christian Member †