Intel Core i7-5775C and Core i5-5675C

NumLock21

Les't wait for the 5770k (If it'll exist) specs.  :rolleyes:

The 5770K is the 5775C. The c means Overclockable

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

Personally I wish Intel released a version without an igpu. Most people dont need it and i would much rather save money on something i will never use. Because the cut down cache and frequency isnt something i would want in favor for not having an iGPU

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

Guild Wars 2 already drops to nearly 15 FPS during combat with large numbers of players around (which would still only be 30–40 with a brand new, overclocked Core i5-4690K). That's only the most extreme example; even Battlefield 4 has some dips that I can attribute to my processor. My 750 is going on six years old, it's time.

We'll see what happens with DX12 when it's tested post-launch. There certainly will not be any shortage of benchmarks.

Single core game. With DX 12 that goes out the window. Also, the bottleneck is more likely your internet connection rather than your CPU.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Can you please list me sources or places you get the information about skylake, broadwell and Intel CPUs/iGPUs as am doing a horrible job finding information about them - don't ask why and how just list them if you can -.

Anandtech, extremetech, pcper, and WCCF in no particular order.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Anandtech, extremetech, pcper, and WCCF in no particular order.

WCCF is reliable ?? 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

More bullshit from intel,shit cpus with reduced frequency and increased gpu power again fuck off APU's whoever the fuck invented them,all they have is reduced power like anyone gives a fuck on desktop anymore.

Move your ass AMD since sandy/ivy bridge nearly no progress same shit everyyear +5% performance.

why would intel release any cpu with performance loss over current gen?im sure that iris can't be that good...ofc, overclock probably like a boss:D 

Single core game. With DX 12 that goes out the window. Also, the bottleneck is more likely your internet connection rather than your CPU.

My system is not solely for multi-threaded games. I wasn't talking about DX12 with regards to Guild Wars 2—like I said, DX12 is meaningless to me until it's benchmarked and actually cultivating support in playable, released games.

Internet connections are not responsible for client-side framerates. With no internet connection whatsoever my framerate would likely improve rather than decline, due to a whole lot of character models suddenly getting no input. Believe me that the GW2 community has thoroughly explored this issue, it is just that badly optimized.

WCCF is reliable ??

You have to know which authors to listen to, but especially in the last few months they've been spot on.

More bullshit from intel,shit cpus with reduced frequency and increased gpu power again fuck off APU's whoever the fuck invented them,all they have is reduced power like anyone gives a fuck on desktop anymore.

Move your ass AMD since sandy/ivy bridge nearly no progress same shit everyyear +5% performance.

SB to HW is a 65% increase if you have properly built software. The problem right now is anything built for XP and Windows 7 is stuck in SISD mode on legacy instruction sets. APUs are amazing if devs leverage them properly. Software devs just need to throw off the shackles of the old guard and abandon support for everything pre-Nehalem.

My system is not solely for multi-threaded games. I wasn't talking about DX12 with regards to Guild Wars 2—like I said, DX12 is meaningless to me until it's benchmarked and actually cultivating support in playable, released games.

Internet connections are not responsible for client-side framerates. With no internet connection whatsoever my framerate would likely improve rather than decline, due to a whole lot of character models suddenly getting no input. Believe me that the GW2 community has thoroughly explored this issue, it is just that badly optimized.

You could not be farther from the truth. If coordinate numbers are not coming over the wire fast enough your fps will tank. That's exactly what happens in densely populated fights like Tequatl. You can even see for yourself by watching your network vs. CPU usage. Your CPU is running a spin lock waiting for all the movement information of all players and foes between each frame.

The community has no clue how the game is implemented because none of you are willing to disassemble and decompile it. It's all your internet. With a 100mbps full duplex connection my FPS never drops below 40 with a GTX 570 and I7 2600k all settings maxed out.

why would intel release any cpu with performance loss over current gen?im sure that iris can't be that good...ofc, overclock probably like a boss:D

These chips are targeting SFF pcs and scenarios where 80+W TDP chips can't go (at least easily). These aren't meant to succeed the 4790K by any means. Though that 64MB cache will be helpful I'm sure.

You could not be farther from the truth. If coordinate numbers are not coming over the wire fast enough your fps will tank. That's exactly what happens in densely populated fights like Tequatl. You can even see for yourself by watching your network vs. CPU usage. Your CPU is running a spin lock waiting for all the movement information of all players and foes between each frame.

The community has no clue how the game is implemented because none of you are willing to disassemble and decompile it. It's all your internet. With a 100mbps full duplex connection my FPS never drops below 40 with a GTX 570 and I7 2600k all settings maxed out.

Well, now I haven't played guild wars 2, but most engines dont actually wait to render a frame if data haven't been updated.

It will simply render with the information it got.

Do you have any prove, that GW2s engine will halt rendering if game/player-information have not been updated?

Odd that the cache has been cut down. I know cache contributes to heat, but it also helps smooth performance. Not at all surprised they are still going quad core with hyperthreading on the flagship i7. Until AMD forces intel's hand with something good, Intel will just keep making desktop i7's quadcore w/ HT. It would be a dream come true if Zen supported quad channel ddr4, was 8 cores with AMDs supposed upcoming brand of hyperthreading, and had some kind of unified Instruction architecture. Then we would see Intel wake up from this slumber...

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

so much for waiting for a mighty broadwell..guess it is devil's canyon for my current board

Wow, I feel bad for people who bought Pentiums and i3s with the idea of waiting for Broadwell to buy that unlocked i5 or i7 for their Z97 board instead of just buying a 4690k or 4790k right off the bat.

I personally see Broadwell as a viable upgrade path for myself. I bought the G3258 because its TDP was extremely low to use a stock cooler on it, while also keeping it in a SFF case (Azza Z). I am looking to go even smaller, and finding small effective cooling solutions to OC a haswell CPU would probably be either expensive, or impossible to do in the case design i am planning.

If the Broadwell CPU's run as cool and efficient as they are being made out to, i can see myself buying one as an upgrade over this pentium. While i do not see this set of CPU's to be an upgrade over unlocked Haswells, i do see it as a great option for people looking to build small and efficient PC's.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

You have to know which authors to listen to, but especially in the last few months they've been spot on.

Example or reliable authors ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Well, now I haven't played guild wars 2, but most engines dont actually wait to render a frame if data haven't been updated.

It will simply render with the information it got.

Do you have any prove, that GW2s engine will halt rendering if game/player-information have not been updated?

Plenty. Disassemble it and decompile it. Also, that is how a lot of MMo engines do it because otherwise you're forced to over-render and reconcile positions later and try to make the animations go at greater rates. Most MMOs abandoned that model of development back in 2010.

Example or reliable authors ??

Mujtaba seems to be their most reliable.

Odd that the cache has been cut down. I know cache contributes to heat, but it also helps smooth performance. Not at all surprised they are still going quad core with hyperthreading on the flagship i7. Until AMD forces intel's hand with something good, Intel will just keep making desktop i7's quadcore w/ HT. It would be a dream come true if Zen supported quad channel ddr4, was 8 cores with AMDs supposed upcoming brand of hyperthreading, and had some kind of unified Instruction architecture. Then we would see Intel wake up from this slumber...

Intel never went to bed people. There's a huge performance difference between Haswell and Sandy Bridge, but you will only find it when you use software that isn't stuck in legacy support mode all the way back to the Pentium 4 days. SISD software (all the games you know and most other consumer software) has a hard performance limit based on the law no instruction may execute in less than 1 clock cycle. Performance becomes tied to the clock speed at that point. You can either use more cores or you can move on to SIMD instructions or (preferably) both. It's not Intel's fault the old guard developers from the age of Richard Stallman's glory days are the ones in charge of software projects these days, or that game devs are mainly high school and college dropouts without a lick of design sense (there are exceptions and it would seem our own @LukaP is one of them). There's untapped potential in all post-Nehalem chips for consumer software. Only when that gets used up should you even think to point the finger at Intel.

so much for waiting for a mighty broadwell..guess it is devil's canyon for my current board

To be fair you may wish to wait and see how they overclock first.

Still have my fingers crossed that Skylake will make 6 cores mainstream with the i7.  C'mon 10 core Extreme edition Broadwell-E or Skylake-E!

Would be nice but before that happens I want game developers to start supporting more cores and threads first otherwise the Core i5 will remain as the best gaming CPU you can buy.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Would be nice but before that happens I want game developers to start supporting more cores and threads first otherwise the Core i5 will remain as the best gaming CPU you can b

I feel like the I5 being a standard 6 core, no hyper-threading, the i7 being a full fledged six core with threading, and the i3 being a 4 core with threading would be really nice.  Even if games and programs don't yet start taking advantage of all those cores yet, it's still -extremely- nice for productivity.  I could never go back to a non hyper-threaded processor due to my extremely horrible amount of multi-tasking.  Especially when gaming.

I feel like the I5 being a standard 6 core, no hyper-threading, the i7 being a full fledged six core with threading, and the i3 being a 4 core with threading would be really nice. Even if games and programs don't yet start taking advantage of all those cores yet, it's still -extremely- nice for productivity. I could never go back to a non hyper-threaded processor due to my extremely horrible amount of multi-tasking. Especially when gaming.

Perhaps you should re-evaluate your use case. Unless you're streaming/recording, you shouldn't be doing much of anything in the background while gaming. If you truly must, the 5820k is not much more expensive than the 4790K and doesn't come with an iGPU.

Perhaps you should re-evaluate your use case. Unless you're streaming/recording, you shouldn't be doing much of anything in the background while gaming. If you truly must, the 5820k is not much more expensive than the 4790K and doesn't come with an iGPU.

Oh, I know that.  I'm justifying the reasoning for them to hopefully soon expand the mainstream line-up in to six-core parts.  With the i3 being 4 core.  Wishing it'd accelerate in to the future, so that the enthusiast class **30k designation becomes 8-core, and the **60x designation becomes 10-cores.  I'm a specific case given that I multi-task like no tomorrow, even when gaming, but hopefully with DX12, and possible improvements in threading with windows 10, and all manner of other things releasing - it'll happen.  Hopefully soon.