Intel Core i7-5775C and Core i5-5675C

NumLock21

so are these the 4770k/4790k and 4760k/4690k equivalent for 5th gen? or is there something more to come? is the 5775C going to be the TOTL 5th gen non enthusiast.

These are not 4790K replacements, and I had some doubt they'll overclock to those levels. These are more high-performance chips with enough iGPU to go toe to toe with Kaveri and Carrizo with low enough TDP to be attractive to HTPC builders and SFF makers.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

These are not 4790K replacements, and I had some doubt they'll overclock to those levels. These are more high-performance chips with enough iGPU to go toe to toe with Kaveri and Carrizo with low enough TDP to be attractive to HTPC builders and SFF makers.

so there will still be 5770k and 5670k to come?

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

Skylake looks to be the true successor to Haswell, broadwell is just a lower TDP variant, it is not meant to replace current haswell CPU's.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

WE HAVE TO HOPE FOR ZEN!!!!

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

They both are slower than Haswell on the CPU side and are still weaksauce in comparison to Kaveri on the iGPU side. Broadwell was pretty much a dummy architecture for Intel to work out the kinks and bugs in their 14nm FinFET process. I doubt we will see any more than just these two skews for the desktop for that very reason. It seems like Cherry Trail is the only thing that Intel is pushing out on their 14nm node that's of any interest. Just launch the x5-Z8500 for dirt cheap already.

Lots of hands-on experience dealing with latency problems to my school's supercomputer which services people all over the country.

Load-balancing in real time for routing goes wrong all the time because of the very nature of Internet usage spiking and ebbing seemingly without explanation. Single packets can get thrown all over the place because of those behaviors. Also, no, they query out very often to make sure those routers are alive and have paths out to the destinations needed.

Load-balancing in real time almost never goes wrong.

This is because of the advancement of the newer routing protocols.

Nothing goes without an explanation in networking..

Actually, the packets goes more like in a stream. It does not recalculate the route for each packet, as that will require CPU and time. (which are both critical for network latency)

Seems more like the replacement for the R-series to be honest..

We don't know at this point. Part of me feels these existing SKUs are enough given Skylake is so close, and part of me would understand if enthusiasts got pissed over not getting a proper 4790K successor to play with.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

They both are slower than Haswell on the CPU side and are still weaksauce in comparison to Kaveri on the iGPU side. Broadwell was pretty much a dummy architecture for Intel to work out the kinks and bugs in their 14nm FinFET process. I doubt we will see any more than just these two skews for the desktop for that very reason. It seems like Cherry Trail is the only thing that Intel is pushing out on their 14nm node that's of any interest. Just launch the x5-Z8500 for dirt cheap already.

Pardon? Everything I'm seeing online puts HD 6000 on parity with desktop Kaveri for benchmarks and only slightly weaker in real games, and Iris 6100 closes that anyway as long as the cooling is sufficient.