Intel Core i7-5775C and Core i5-5675C

NumLock21

"The new Broadwell chips will be compatible with the existing LGA 1150 socket."

But of course a new chipset will be launched as well, and the old chipsets will be "not recommended" for it, because of different CPU microcode, and might require a BIOS update, that might or might not be released for your motherboard... Isn't this how it always goes with Intel nowadays?

I remember the FC-PGA socket. Possibly the best chipset was the 440BX, despite newer features in the others, but Intel made sure to swap a couple of pins around to make newer CPUs incompatible with older motherboards, so people would have to buy new motherboards as well. A great way of boosting chipset sales. Not really surprising why Intel are so rich.

To all that complain about the article about not having a personal opinion.

The topic was posted late at night and i was tired. The topic has now been edited with my personal opinion. Funny thing though, I see this article has been promoted, but who actually clicks on that "news" link on the top right section of this site? So far this my 2 time and that's it. I check out news, in the news section of the forums. Also this promoted article in the "front page" news section did a copy and paste quote too. Should LTT obey their own rules too and add some personal opinion as well? Who promotes the article is it automated?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Still have my fingers crossed that Skylake will make 6 cores mainstream with the i7. C'mon 10 core Extreme edition Broadwell-E or Skylake-E!

It's already confirmed Skylake S/K is quad core max.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

"The new Broadwell chips will be compatible with the existing LGA 1150 socket."

But of course a new chipset will be launched as well, and the old chipsets will be "not recommended" for it, because of different CPU microcode, and might require a BIOS update, that might or might not be released for your motherboard... Isn't this how it always goes with Intel nowadays?

I remember the FC-PGA socket. Possibly the best chipset was the 440BX, despite newer features in the others, but Intel made sure to swap a couple of pins around to make newer CPUs incompatible with older motherboards, so people would have to buy new motherboards as well. A great way of boosting chipset sales. Not really surprising why Intel are so rich.

Nope. Z97 is already out. Please keep up with what everyone should know.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Why would we want to run broadwell? I see not one single reason I'd want to move from my 4770k to one of these err downgrades?

You're not the person Intel is aiming at with these. Broadwell will best fit with NUC-like devices, HTPCs, and other SFF, low-footprint devices.

From vr-zone's chart it says ddr3L. L stand for low voltage. Now does that mean current ram won't work? In notebooks if it runs on ddr3l then it needs ddr3l ram. Regular ddr3 does not work or it does but the bios is not program to support it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

guess im gonna wait for skylake or go haswell, been running this i5 750 for a very long time.

I'm in the same boat with an i5-750. I think I'm fine waiting for Skylake, though.

I'm in the same boat with an i5-750. I think I'm fine waiting for Skylake, though.

If this is for gaming, you may wait even longer. Since DX12 unlocks the performance from more cores, unless you were already doing professional work or doing HPC coding targeting newer instructions, then your chip's been underutilized.

If this is for gaming, you may wait even longer. Since DX12 unlocks the performance from more cores, unless you were already doing professional work or doing HPC coding targeting newer instructions, then your chip's been underutilized.

Guild Wars 2 already drops to nearly 15 FPS during combat with large numbers of players around (which would still only be 30–40 with a brand new, overclocked Core i5-4690K). That's only the most extreme example; even Battlefield 4 has some dips that I can attribute to my processor. My 750 is going on six years old, it's time.

We'll see what happens with DX12 when it's tested post-launch. There certainly will not be any shortage of benchmarks.

but if they didnt cut the cache, the CPU might actually be more than 1% faster than its haswell equivalent...  we cant allow that

Achieving same clock with less TDP is what i want to see, not the obvious: lower clock = lower tdp....

This Core C CPUs are from Broadwell or skylake ? Its not clear to me as it isnt mentioned anywhere in the post.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Still have my fingers crossed that Skylake will make 6 cores mainstream with the i7. C'mon 10 core Extreme edition Broadwell-E or Skylake-E!

First time we see i7-5xxx i would say 6core i7-7xxx is coming with Broadwell or Skylake :)

2016 fingers crossed :) so i can upgrade to 6core Cannonlake fo sub £300 when that comes out.

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

First time we see i7-5xxx i would say 6core i7-7xxx is coming with Broadwell or Skylake :)

2016 fingers crossed :) so i can upgrade to 6core Cannonlake fo sub £300 when that comes out.

And fingers crossed that also in 2016 - Zen competition to all Intel fronts.  *ALL THE CROSSED FINGERS*

Will there be broadwell equivalents to the 4690k, compatible with the z97 chipset?

Why would you want that ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Can you please list me sources or places you get the information about skylake, broadwell and Intel CPUs/iGPUs as am doing a horrible job finding information about them - don't ask why and how just list them if you can -.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Skylake will be dual cores and quad cores according to every Intel slide I have ever seen.

well looks like i will be sticking to ivy bridge for another cycle 

Les't wait for the 5770k (If it'll exist) specs.  :rolleyes:

CPU 4790k – Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Formula - RAM 32GBs (8GBx4) 2400Mhz TRIDENT-X – GPU GTX 1080 MSI – Case Obsidian 450D –Storage Corsair / OCZ SSD – PSU Corsair HX850i –Display ASUS ROG SWIFT PG178Q 1440p 144Hz – Cooling Noctua NH-D15

Skylake will be dual cores and quad cores according to every Intel slide I have ever seen.

So they gonna have lot more variations with like 200mhz difference on them...thats just stupid imho.

They already have too many options available to us.

Never thiught i would say that i dont like too many options lol. But in this case the difference is in some cases unnoticable.

Les't wait for the 5770k (If it'll exist) specs.  :rolleyes:

I think the C IS the unlocked model....

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I think the C IS the unlocked model....

I feel old, each year things change so much... Specially names not performance lol

CPU 4790k – Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Formula - RAM 32GBs (8GBx4) 2400Mhz TRIDENT-X – GPU GTX 1080 MSI – Case Obsidian 450D –Storage Corsair / OCZ SSD – PSU Corsair HX850i –Display ASUS ROG SWIFT PG178Q 1440p 144Hz – Cooling Noctua NH-D15

*impatiently taps on desk* Still waiting for a good reason to upgrade beyond my i7 950 :P

The spec are very underwhelming. I wonder if Intel has to reduce the clock speed to improve yield of the chip. 

I just hope Intel doesn't stick the middle finger and prohibit 8-series motherboards from running Broadwell. They should al least leave the option for motherboard makers to provide an updated BIOS

Unfortunately it will only work with 9 series boards.

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps?