Apple Watch pricing leaked on a Chinese Tech forum?

A user on Chinese tech forum bbs.feng.com claimed to be working for Apple, and revealed several slides which claimed to be the pricing of different editions of the Apple Watch.

Here are the slides:

post-32565-0-27217700-1425318885_thumb.j

post-32565-0-98994400-1425318893_thumb.j

post-32565-0-88761700-1425318900_thumb.j

If these pricings are true, do you guys think the Apple Watch is too expensive?

http://bbs.feng.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=8895308&extra=page=1&filter=typeid&typeid=739&typeid=739(in Chinese)

I thought it will be way more expensive, thats a okey price for apple I think, since when are there two sizes ?

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Makes sense. Gruber had this to say:

Regarding the Edition models, Gruber predicts they will start around $10,000. “If my hunch is right about bands and bracelets, the upper range could go to $20,000”, he says. 

I’m guessing Apple will offer Edition models with gold Link Bracelets for $20,000, and perhaps Milanese Loops for $15,000 and a Leather Loop for around $12,500.

Apple Watch Edition is not a tech product, so don’t try to price it like one.

Apple doesn't want to sell this like a tech product. They want it to be fashionable so the general population (and the associated rich people in the population) buy it. People spending 10k on a watch aren't dong it because they're penny pinchers or really even care. 10 grand to them is like 10 cents to us. 

Some would argue that mechanical watches would go for even more...but man, this isn't a mechanical watch. 

I can already smell the profit Apple will be making...definitely more than 60% of the unit's price.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Makes sense. Gruber had this to say:

Apple doesn't want to sell this like a tech product. They want it to be fashionable so the general population (and the associated rich people in the population) buy it. People spending 10k on a watch aren't dong it because they're penny pinchers or really even care. 10 grand to them is like 10 cents to us. 

This ^ 

Normal People would never buy a Rolex too, and still its damn succesful

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

This ^ 

Normal People would never buy a Rolex too, and still its damn succesful

Exactly. No offence to a lot of this forum, but the only people who get shocked at the price of higher end watches are those who weren't buying them in the first place. 

"Regular grade" Omegas run a few grand, special editions peak around 8-10 grand. Rolex goes all over the place in pricing and lets not even bring in all the other brands like TAG, Hublot, AP and well; everything else. 

To people who have money, even 20 grand on a watch is a lot of nothing. Its all about the brand image and Apple has a strong one. They don't care that the tech won't be fantastic, they care about getting general population sales and the general population is used to paying anywhere from a few hundred to a tens of thousands on a watch. 

INB4 hype train

This seems pretty legit to me.

Sig under construction.

Since it's conception, I was never really a fan of the Apple Watch, Some of the features, such as the ability to send your heartbeat to people, is far too gimmicky for me. The styling is alright, but non-round watches bother me because the shape itself isn't really traditional. Funny thing about that, their watch faces are round while their screen is rectangular.

This changes nothing. The pricing is no big suprise, they're focusing less on tech enthusiasts and more on jewelry enthusiasts. They're more likely to be fine with dropping $5000+ on a watch without batting an eye. I still like the LG G Watch R and G Watch Urbane though, they look more like watches and less like tech.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Exactly. No offence to a lot of this forum, but the only people who get shocked at the price of higher end watches are those who weren't buying them in the first place. 

"Regular grade" Omegas run a few grand, special editions peak around 8-10 grand. Rolex goes all over the place in pricing and lets not even bring in all the other brands like TAG, Hublot, AP and well; everything else. 

To people who have money, even 20 grand on a watch is a lot of nothing. Its all about the brand image and Apple has a strong one. They don't care that the tech won't be fantastic, they care about getting general population sales and the general population is used to paying anywhere from a few hundred to a tens of thousands on a watch. 

20150302_201011.jpg:D

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

The saddest thing is people will still buy it. I wouldn't get this even if it was 100$, it's just garbage for what it is.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just wow.  The mid range and top end are the kind of watch you will start to see on people in Hollywood, pro athletes, and trust fund babies, that's about it.  I think the extremely rich people (people beyond previously mentioned) are too smart, and wouldn't even get this watch because they would rather have a watch with diamonds in it, made of platinum and crazy stuff like that.  The pricing on these is too niche I think.  When you're Iphone already costs you a grand, I doubt average joe's are going to be dropping another $350 on a wrist device that is more about form than function.  

But then again, I'm not an Apple fanboy, so maybe I'm wrong and this ugly piece of garbage will sell like hotcakes.

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

Since it's conception, I was never really a fan of the Apple Watch, Some of the features, such as the ability to send your heartbeat to people, is far too gimmicky for me. The styling is alright, but non-round watches bother me because the shape itself isn't really traditional. Funny thing about that, their watch faces are round while their screen is rectangular.

This changes nothing. The pricing is no big suprise, they're focusing less on tech enthusiasts and more on jewelry enthusiasts. They're more likely to be fine with dropping $5000+ on a watch without batting an eye. I still like the LG G Watch R and G Watch Urbane though, they look more like watches and less like tech.

Apple doesn't give a shit about the internet with most of their products. They want John Smith. Not Victorious Secret (though I'm still getting a Black stainless steel one with loop leather). They truly don't care that people are going to say its too expensive. Its not like they'r entirely telling enthusiasts to screw off. A 350 dollar version exists. Go get that if you want the tech. 

Everything else is being sold as a fashion accessory. Thats it. I just find it weird. Spending 6k on a Omega Moon watch would be alright, but an Apple Watch to serve the same purpose? Oh no no no, that should be frown upon. 

Tech enthusiasts are weird. I think a lot of people don't comprehend the fashion market and how powerful it is. Then again, these are the same kind of people who spend thousands on PCs and think its okay, but probably have never spent more than 500 on a suit to look good in the presence of people who value how you chose to present yourself just as much as they value your skills. 

The gold I can understand that it's 20k. If you go down to your local Jewler and asked for a 18 karret watch you would probably find that it's more expensive. Also the apple watch edition's gold is twice as hard as regular gold

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

The gold I can understand that it's 20k. If you go down to your local Jewler and asked for a 18 karret watch you would probably find that it's more expensive. Also the apple watch edition's gold is twice as hard as regular gold

the price i understand, but how do you know if it's twice as hard? is it just an asumption?

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

$20,000 FOR THIS PIECE OF CRAP!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! *Has stroke*

Anyone who spends $20,000 on a watch, Apple or not, smart or not, has proven to me that they don't know how to manage money. Seriously, you could buy both a decked out Mac Pro AND 5K iMac for that much. Or the down payment on a Tesla model D. All for an iPhone accessory that does nothing that a $250 Moto 360 does. It's not even that much more functional than a $99 Pebble or $299 Pebble Time Steel.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Don't they sell wrist strap for iphones?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Anyone who spends $20,000 on a watch, Apple or not, smart or not, has proven to me that they don't know how to manage money. Seriously, you could buy both a decked out Mac Pro AND 5K iMac for that much. Or the down payment on a Tesla model D. All for an iPhone accessory that does nothing that a $250 Moto 360 does. It's not even that much more functional than a $99 Pebble or $299 Pebble Time Steel.

Thanks for not understanding how people with money, spend money. 

You think 20k is a lot of money to someone who can actually buy a 20k watch? Do you? People who can buy one 20k watch can buy a hundred of them. 

Thats the market you're dealing with. Not a bunch of penny pinching neckbeards on the internet. 

Thanks for not understanding how people with money, spend money. 

You think 20k is a lot of money to someone who can actually buy a 20k watch? Do you? People who can buy one 20k watch can buy a hundred of them. 

Thats the market you're dealing with. Not a bunch of penny pinching neckbeards on the internet. 

What's the point, though? It's not functionally different from a $10 Timex Expedition. It's not really any more premium feeling than a $300 watch. And none of these watches are aesthetically pleasing. Actually, they're downright hideous.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Calm down, it's a luxury item. This is not a practicality assessment. Someone who wants to spend $20,000 on a watch likely already has all of that (if they wanted it to begin with) and much, much more. They don't care what a $250 Moto 360 can do.

If I was a millionare I wouldn't spend my money buying Prius because it's technically the most smartest decision financial wise. I would buy that f***ing Ferrari in a heartbeat and not regret it in the least.

Not everyone has the same amount of disposable income, so some can warrant a $20k purchase on a watch. I don't get what is so hard for people to understand about this. Why don't you guys go complain about how expensive a Bugatti is while you are at it.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

What's the point, though? It's not functionally different from a $10 Timex Expedition. It's not really any more premium feeling than a $300 watch. And none of these watches are aesthetically pleasing. Actually, they're downright hideous.

Thats the point. A 10 dollar Timex probably has a more accurate movement than this Rolex, yet what do people strive to own? Its not the Timex. 

This is a 10,000 dollar watch. 

JsY6N4J.jpg

THIS is a 20k watch, not what you posted...

101395-z.jpg

You need to understand that people with money can afford to spend it how they wish. They don't think in "oh, but this cheaper item does the same thing" because they don't need to. Its an entirely different segment of the market. The buying practices that we follow don't exactly make sense when you have hundreds of thousands (or more) in your pockets to spend how you wish. 

the thing that bothers me is that the 20K watch will become outdated just as quickly as the $350 watch....

at some point your not going to want to even use it...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1