Phanteks Launches TC14S Slim Dual-tower CPU Cooler

AlRayes_BRN

Phanteks announces the release of the PHTC14S. A slim dual tower CPU cooler designed from the concept of the PH-TC14PE.

The PH-TC14S incorporates the dual tower and performance from the PH-TC14PE but in a slimmer form. PH-TC14S’s slim form elminates any conflicts with high RAM and VRM modules in newer motherboards. The six 6mm nickel plated heatpipes with the slim aluminum fins improves heat distribution and creates better thermal convection resulting in immediate cooling.

114735-phanteks-ph-tc14s-1.jpg

Standing only 6.3 inches in height and 2.83 inches in width, the PH-TC14S follows INTEL’s Keep-Out-Zone. Thanks to the slim design, compatiblity issues of high RAM and VRM modules are non-exsistent. PH-TC14S uses Phanteks’ patented P.A.T.S. technology which has been proven to withstand high temperatures and increases cooling performance by reflecting thermal radiation from other heat sources.

The PH-TC14S includes the new seven blade PH-F140HP II PWM High Static Pressure fan with MVB II. The PH-TC14S also comes with the Solisku Bracket, a easy to install bracket that allows for a direct contact with the CPU and compatible with AMD and INTEL sockets.

The recommended retail price is PH-TC14S_BK - $49.99

114735-phanteks-ph-tc14s-3.jpg

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

Hmm... The pricing's Ok I guess, it'll all come down to performance though, hopefully it does relatively well.

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

once again no source.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Yes. Why shouldnt they? I prefer good air cooler over AIO any day.

LOL okay.

LOL people still use Air Coolers?

Good air coolers are quieter than AIOs out of the box...so yeah, people still use them. 

Good air coolers are quieter than AIOs out of the box...so yeah, people still use them. 

Also, an air cooler just makes more sense in a lot of situations.

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

yes, they're much less prone to failure, especially in a system where you'll be running it for long periods of time.

Yes. Why shouldnt they? I prefer good air cooler over AIO any day.

also, something like the NHD-15 or the Dark Rock Pro 3 compete with 240mm rad AIO's.

LOL okay.

don't be an ass. it's unbecoming.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Even crazier, there's even newcomers to the market. People have their reasons for buying them

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

@ZeroKoolGuy Noctua backhands many AIO units as does some other tower coolers, the only justification to even get an AIO in the first place is aesthetics or if you're using really small case (or one with poor support for a real tower cooler) and an AIO is the only real higher performance option. Unless it's a full system loop for some crazy high overclock and you have some graphics cards that put out more heat than all the AMD jokes put together, liquid cooling is kind of pointless and impractical. It's pretty to look at, but that's about it.

Source??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I assume you are the same types of old "nerds" who use Mechanical Hard Drives (Have not used since they invented the SSD), Optical Drives, (Have not used since they invented the Flashdrive), and probably use 32-bit OS (Have not used since we all switched to 64 long ago). So yeah as someone who configures a shit ton of High-performance Gaming System's, Workstations and Server System's for Small-Medium Businesses, Large Offices, Educational, Medical (Over 300 System's last month), etc it just does not make sense to me. If you are going to OC, then use a good Corsair H-series AIO. If not, the stock Intel Heatsink is fine for the lifespan of the product. Of course most of you use AMD which have serious quality control issues and thermal design inferiority, degrade at considerable rate versus Intel chips. So I guess I should not be surprised LOL.

Listen, I was not being super serious just making a jest. It was in bad taste but now that you all freaked out I figured I would explain my position.

Engage the flaming AirCooler Fanboys. Again though, I was only semi-serious. Should have just refrained from commenting but can't take it back so will trudge forward.

Oh also, Noctua has about the worst Product Support, and Availability in the business. For those of us who do this for a living, we just can not use Noctua. At least not for those of us here in the US (Biggest Market $-wise).

yes, they're much less prone to failure, especially in a system where you'll be running it for long periods of time.

also, something like the NHD-15 or the Dark Rock Pro 3 compete with 240mm rad AIO's.

don't be an ass. it's unbecoming.

That is so far from the truth it hurts. I have used hundreds of both, and supported them. This is just WRONG. I have to RMA 3x Corsair H-series out of the hundreds we have used. I have had to RMA dozens of Aircoolers. So yeah. Nice try spouting baseless BS there bud. It don't fly with me.

No one is being an ass, it is just that unlike you I speak from EXPERIENCE. I don't just run around the internet READING about others' experience. Whatever, think what you want I am just stating my opinion, based on my years and years of experience. Maybe you should try actually doing something instead of just reading benchmarks, and write-ups from noob reviewers who don't actually have much experience. I know I am speaking to an empty forum here as you are all pretty much the same type of people who just read about stuff and watch review video's instead of actually getting a job building System's or servicing them but I am just, "keepin' it real." Hopefully, people won't buy into the whole "Aircoolers are still awesome even though the Technology is ancient".

I think it is hilarious how everyone praises Noctua and acts like they are the best thing ever because of a few benchmarks that don't really mean anything IRL. How about the fact you can't ever buy more than a few units at a time? If even that. Only .00001% of the market assembles their own System's. Do you understand that? We (those who build our own System's) are so far in the minority it is not even funny. Meanwhile, any noob can walk into Fry's, Best Buy, etc and grab a Corsair H80i or such. Factor that in or you are just being naive. And while you are at it, factor in that it is nearly impossible to get support for Noctua products in the US. Which is where most of the money is.  

I assume you are the same types of old "nerds" who use Mechanical Hard Drives (Have not used since they invented the SSD), Optical Drives, (Have not used since they invented the Flashdrive), and probably use 32-bit OS (Have not used since we all switched to 64 long ago). So yeah as someone who configures a shit ton of High-performance Gaming System's, Workstations and Server System's for Small-Medium Businesses, Large Offices, Educational, Medical (Over 300 System's last month), etc it just does not make sense to me. If you are going to OC, then use a good Corsair H-series AIO. If not, the stock Intel Heatsink is fine for the lifespan of the product. Of course most of you use AMD which have serious quality control issues and thermal design inferiority, degrade at considerable rate versus Intel chips. So I guess I should not be surprised LOL.

Listen, I was not being super serious just making a jest. It was in bad taste but now that you all freaked out I figured I would explain my position.

Engage the flaming AirCooler Fanboys. Again though, I was only semi-serious. Should have just refrained from commenting but can't take it back so will trudge forward.

Oh also, Noctua has about the worst Product Support, and Availability in the business. For those of us who do this for a living, we just can not use Noctua. At least not for those of us here in the US (Biggest Market $-wise).

That is so far from the truth it hurts. I have used hundreds of both, and supported them. This is just WRONG. I have to RMA 3x Corsair H-series out of the hundreds we have used. I have had to RMA dozens of Aircoolers. So yeah. Nice try spouting baseless BS there bud. It don't fly with me.

No one is being an ass, it is just that unlike you I speak from EXPERIENCE. I don't just run around the internet READING about others' experience. Whatever, think what you want I am just stating my opinion, based on my years and years of experience. Maybe you should try actually doing something instead of just reading benchmarks, and write-ups from noob reviewers who don't actually have much experience. I know I am speaking to an empty forum here as you are all pretty much the same type of people who just read about stuff and watch review video's instead of actually getting a job building System's or servicing them but I am just, "keepin' it real." Hopefully, people won't buy into the whole "Aircoolers are still awesome even though the Technology is ancient".

I think it is hilarious how everyone praises Noctua and acts like they are the best thing ever because of a few benchmarks that don't really mean anything IRL. How about the fact you can't ever buy more than a few units at a time? If even that. Only .00001% of the market assembles their own System's. Do you understand that? We (those who build our own System's) are so far in the minority it is not even funny. Meanwhile, any noob can walk into Fry's, Best Buy, etc and grab a Corsair H80i or such. Factor that in or you are just being naive. And while you are at it, factor in that it is nearly impossible to get support for Noctua products in the US. Which is where most of the money is.  

That is just pure ignorance in your comment. You are just assuming that people you are writing to are here just for tech while bnever done anything ... Everyone has different experiene. And he said Noctua as an example .. there is still a lot of other products that are very good. Noctua is just more widely known.

In all honesty, you act like a teenager going through puberty with excessive mood swings and attitude and definitely not an IT professional. Please act your own age, I mean come on, you are use words like "old nerds, noobs, keepin it real"

And then bash on AMD, which most of us don't actually use.

"Of course most of you use AMD which have serious quality control issues and thermal design inferiority, degrade at considerable rate versus Intel chips. So I guess I should not be surprised LOL."

And forget that Intel was actually behind AMD in performance and power efficiency, albeit a time ago, but you seem completely ignorant of this fact.

This entire post is cringe worthy.

lol and you still using an aircooler too?

-snip-

Your post is so full of shit and ignorance that I stopped at the half and moved on.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

In all honesty, you act like a teenager going through puberty with excessive mood swings and attitude and definitely not an IT professional. Please act your own age, I mean come on, you are use words like "old nerds, noobs, keepin it real"

And then bash on AMD, which most of us don't actually use.

"Of course most of you use AMD which have serious quality control issues and thermal design inferiority, degrade at considerable rate versus Intel chips. So I guess I should not be surprised LOL."

And forget that Intel was actually behind AMD in performance and power efficiency, albeit a time ago, but you seem completely ignorant of this fact.

This entire post is cringe worthy.

LOL Okay kid. How many system's have you built? 10? 50? 100? I have built and supported THOUSANDS. Come on.

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Video-Card-Failure-Rates-by-Generation-563/

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/2013/10/15/bsn-interviews-origin-pc-ceo-on-dropping-amd-gpus/

READ. 

LOL Okay kid. How many system's have you built? 10? 50? 100? I have built and supported THOUSANDS. Come on.

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Video-Card-Failure-Rates-by-Generation-563/

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/2013/10/15/bsn-interviews-origin-pc-ceo-on-dropping-amd-gpus/

READ. 

So what exaly is better on an AIO then a Air cooler? :)

i readed trough your posts, "and in my opinnion" non of your arguments are vallid.

I forgive you because you actually typed "should have" instead of "should of." 

youre_serious_futurama.gif

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900