Phanteks Launches TC14S Slim Dual-tower CPU Cooler

AlRayes_BRN

This joyous occasion of the launch of a dual tower heat sink that has compatibility with tall RAM on both sides of the CPU socket was not meant to start a flame war.

Are there any other heat sinks like this on the market?  All the slim ones I know of are single tower.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

I assume you are the same types of old "nerds" who use Mechanical Hard Drives (Have not used since they invented the SSD), Optical Drives, (Have not used since they invented the Flashdrive), and probably use 32-bit OS (Have not used since we all switched to 64 long ago). So yeah as someone who configures a shit ton of High-performance Gaming System's, Workstations and Server System's for Small-Medium Businesses, Large Offices, Educational, Medical (Over 300 System's last month), etc it just does not make sense to me. If you are going to OC, then use a good Corsair H-series AIO. If not, the stock Intel Heatsink is fine for the lifespan of the product. Of course most of you use AMD which have serious quality control issues and thermal design inferiority, degrade at considerable rate versus Intel chips. So I guess I should not be surprised LOL.

Old nerds? Right. This forum, for better or worse, is filled with juveniles. Mechanical drives have their place. Mass storage, cheaper rigs. Not everyone wants to spend an arm and a leg on their PC.

Optical drives have their place as well for those who have physical media collections, or where it doubles as a home theater unit.

You can OC just as well on an air cooler as a liquid cooler. The included cooler is decent, but lower temps aren't a bad thing either, plus there's the aesthetics value.

AMD isn't used by as many people as you seem to think, nor does it mean they're any less of an enthusiast.

Listen, I was not being super serious just making a jest. It was in bad taste but now that you all freaked out I figured I would explain my position.

Engage the flaming AirCooler Fanboys. Again though, I was only semi-serious. Should have just refrained from commenting but can't take it back so will trudge forward.

Oh also, Noctua has about the worst Product Support, and Availability in the business. For those of us who do this for a living, we just can not use Noctua. At least not for those of us here in the US (Biggest Market $-wise).

China surpassed the US in PC sales many years ago.

That is so far from the truth it hurts. I have used hundreds of both, and supported them. This is just WRONG. I have to RMA 3x Corsair H-series out of the hundreds we have used. I have had to RMA dozens of Aircoolers. So yeah. Nice try spouting baseless BS there bud. It don't fly with me.

No one is being an ass, it is just that unlike you I speak from EXPERIENCE. I don't just run around the internet READING about others' experience. Whatever, think what you want I am just stating my opinion, based on my years and years of experience. Maybe you should try actually doing something instead of just reading benchmarks, and write-ups from noob reviewers who don't actually have much experience. I know I am speaking to an empty forum here as you are all pretty much the same type of people who just read about stuff and watch review video's instead of actually getting a job building System's or servicing them but I am just, "keepin' it real." Hopefully, people won't buy into the whole "Aircoolers are still awesome even though the Technology is ancient".

You make it sound like you're the only person who has had experience here when you're not. We all have coolers. We all have our own experiences. Sure, you may have had different RMA rates.

I've never had a single problem with any of the air coolers I've purchased. So, personally, they're 100% fine.

I am curious though, what went wrong with the air cooler? Seeing as they're basically hunks of metal with fans attached. There are more points of potential failure with an AIO. You can't argue that.

You know what else is ancient but still performs perfectly well?

The combustion engine.

I think it is hilarious how everyone praises Noctua and acts like they are the best thing ever because of a few benchmarks that don't really mean anything IRL. How about the fact you can't ever buy more than a few units at a time? If even that. Only .00001% of the market assembles their own System's. Do you understand that? We (those who build our own System's) are so far in the minority it is not even funny. Meanwhile, any noob can walk into Fry's, Best Buy, etc and grab a Corsair H80i or such. Factor that in or you are just being naive. And while you are at it, factor in that it is nearly impossible to get support for Noctua products in the US. Which is where most of the money is.  

Benchmarks show what kind of performance one can expect. Not everyone needs to build "hundreds of systems a month" like you claim to, so that argument is really invalid.

Perhaps they're not in it for the builders, but for the enthusiasts?

Rolls Royce only puts out limited vehicles a month. However, just because people can't mass buy them, doesn't mean they're quality is any less.

I don't get your last comment at all. Installing a liquid cooler is no different than an air.

Replies in bold.

Well, you're certainly not off to a very good start are you?

I get you're trying to get what you want across, however you do a pretty poor job of it. Perhaps use a little more tact instead of attacking the members of the forum.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

LOL Okay kid. How many system's have you built? 10? 50? 100? I have built and supported THOUSANDS. Come on.

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Video-Card-Failure-Rates-by-Generation-563/

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/2013/10/15/bsn-interviews-origin-pc-ceo-on-dropping-amd-gpus/

READ. 

Read, ok.  Did you? You were originally referring to AMD v Intel, and both these articles you linked were all about AMD v Nvidia.  Did you have something pertinent to your own argument?

LOL Okay kid. How many system's have you built? 10? 50? 100? I have built and supported THOUSANDS. Come on.

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Video-Card-Failure-Rates-by-Generation-563/

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/2013/10/15/bsn-interviews-origin-pc-ceo-on-dropping-amd-gpus/

READ. 

okay, so I am inferring not only do you work for Origin and Puget, but you also think that GPUs have something to do with CPU cooling options of air cooling vs AIOs.....

If you guys are going to start a flame war here and derail the thread, I just want to warn you ahead of time that if you do that your posts will be deleted by me after you write them, so you might not want to waste the effort.  On the other hand if anyone has respectful on-topic posts to add, please go right ahead  :)

Looks interesting. Not for me, i would perfer a bigger thing. 

Not sure why would get, Just get short ram.

Or single tower, unless this performs really well.

I personaly would just like to get the biggest air cooler i can find, right now the biggest is not actualy that big.

I might get something more like this

03211145283l.JPG

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Looks interesting. Not for me, i would perfer a bigger thing. 

Not sure why would get, Just get short ram.

Or single tower, unless this performs really well.

I personaly would just like to get the biggest air cooler i can find, right now the biggest is not actualy that big.

I might get something more like this

03211145283l.JPG

I'd still be inclined to mount/mod a fan on/in that.

Would look good reflecting light sources.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I'd still be inclined to mount/mod a fan on/in that.

Would look good reflecting light sources.

Yeah. It's like 100$ tho

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ok, why so slim a fan? Make it as thick as the space between the towers. Dual behemoths are not needed anyway, not unless you're running lga2011x.

Also, AIO watercooling the CPU is pointless. The CPU area is big enough for a cooler for god's sake.

On the other hand, AIO watercooling the GPU is NOT pointless at all.  Glad almost nobody's doing it. :)

i've always had a thing for phanteks coolers,  they look good to me  :wub:

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Yeah. It's like 100$ tho

Eh, could be worse. It's got a lot of material put into it.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Ok, why so slim a fan? Make it as thick as the space between the towers. Dual behemoths are not needed anyway, not unless you're running lga2011x.

Also, AIO watercooling the CPU is pointless. The CPU area is big enough for a cooler for god's sake.

On the other hand, AIO watercooling the GPU is NOT pointless at all.  Glad almost nobody's doing it. :)

if it was the same size as the space between the towers then there would not much much room to move the thing around when installing it. 

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.