Elon Musk is worried about Terminator

SnowGhost1212

Hi all,

Apparently, Elon Musk thinks we should be worrying about serious issues relating to AI technology with the next 5 to 10 years. 

Read full story: http://www.kitguru.net/channel/generaltech/matthew-wilson/elon-musk-thinks-that-we-should-be-worried-about-ai-technology/

Well, f it means we're one step closer to Blade Runner then i'm happy :)

What are your thoughts?

SnowGhost

come with me if you want to live...

terminator-smile.jpg

Details separate people.

come with me if you want to live...

terminator-smile.jpg

Get to the choppa?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Hi all,

Apparently, Elon Musk thinks we should be worrying about serious issues relating to AI technology with the next 5 to 10 years. 

Read full story: http://www.kitguru.net/channel/generaltech/matthew-wilson/elon-musk-thinks-that-we-should-be-worried-about-ai-technology/

Well, f it means we're one step closer to Blade Runner then i'm happy :)

What are your thoughts?

SnowGhost

I kinda agree TBH. Maybe a regulatory comission or something?

"I want something that isn't this ..."

I am also worried there will be another terminator film

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

wrong movie.

Arnie is Arnie

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

but but...I neeeeeed another one! to close the loop!

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

but but...I neeeeeed another one! to close the loop!

Your imagination can probably do a better job

Fine, the robots all get turned into ice cream machines, everyone is happy 

fade out to ending

As the credits roll, red eyes glow as someone makes some ice cream.. the machines are still sentient

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

We all are Elon, we want it to be good so bad. But deep down inside we all know the movie will suck.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Amen.

T2 the best scify of all time and anyone trying to make money on it by remaking the story and adding alternative storyline is only gonna fail.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

You may not understand the following things being said but try to think about it,  i think he means artificial intelligence that can comprehend human faults without the emotional restriction coming to power & can come to a valid judgement without having to categorize judgement based on certain categories that us humans take in as leverage or as excuse to doing certain things .. lets face it , if True judgement day comes humans are all fucked!  overall we as human beings have a pattern of cancer cells that spreads too fast in many ways.everything changes when perspectives shift. Elon's quite intelligent to see this through :P

Details separate people.

We really don't get  a sense of what is going on here. This video gives people a little bit more of an idea. They seem to be doing unsupervised machine training with computer games using neural network.

Interesting stuff all the same. The part at 37 seconds in is really where the scary stuff happens.

I don't know if it is that scary though. You could say the machine had the intelligence to think but it still seems logical. It really depends on how this whole thing was set up. What are the metrics used for it to evaluate performance?

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

its important that we create regulations for these things before we create them. AI isnt something you can turn back or pause once its created. think of it the same way as nuclear weapons. 

Amen.

T2 the best scify of all time and anyone trying to make money on it by remaking the story and adding alternative storyline is only gonna fail.

Salvation was great because Christian Bale

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Salvation was great because Christian Bale

Except the story made no sense.

Step 1) Have a guy who's a robot that doesn't know he's a robot secretly working for Skynet wander around till he just happens across John connor. This guy can be shot by other terminators at any given point.

Step 2) When the guy who is a terminator but doesn't know (Marcus) finds Kyle Reese. Instead of Skynet programming him to kill him he instead teams up with him.

Step 3) Kyle Reese is captured. Skynet doesn't kill him even though it knows he's Johns father.

Step 4) Terminator but not terminator guy finds John but isn't programmed to kill him either.

Step 5) Use terminator but not terminator guy to tell John Kyle is captured to lure John into a trap. In this trap there's a single, naked terminator waiting for him.

It's no wonder Skynet lost the war.

2:05~...

"...it ruthlessly exploits the weakness in the system that it's found; and this is all automatic.  Just to stress that again.  You just give the algorithm, outta the box, these pixels and it just figures it out for itself."

Ever wonder how the bees feel about the beekeeper coming around stealing the fruits of their labour, manipulating their lives and controlling their housing?  Ever care?

In much the same way, why would AI care what humanity "thinks"?

Except the story made no sense.

Step 1) Have a guy who's a robot that doesn't know he's a robot secretly working for Skynet wander around till he just happens across John connor. This guy can be shot by other terminators at any given point.

Step 2) When the guy who is a terminator but doesn't know (Marcus) finds Kyle Reese. Instead of Skynet programming him to kill him he instead teams up with him.

Step 3) Kyle Reese is captured. Skynet doesn't kill him even though it knows he's Johns father.

Step 4) Terminator but not terminator guy finds John but isn't programmed to kill him either.

Step 5) Use terminator but not terminator guy to tell John Kyle is captured to lure John into a trap. In this trap there's a single, naked terminator waiting for him.

It's no wonder Skynet lost the war.

AND THAT'S WHY I NEED ANOTHER TERMINATOR FOR CLOSURE!!!

the story was shitty indeed. now close the loop and send Kyle Reese to meet Sarah Connor in the past!!

even I know it will be shit, going from full HD CGi for T5, close the loop and go back to T1, made from plastic dolls and potty dough...visual cringe.

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

There is going to be another one. Matt Smith is going to be in it....... 

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

So we're scared of that they will be like the Androids from Alien?

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED