[PC Gaming] $5 Fallout 3 GOTY in Fallout Weekend Sale

Dealzon

This week GamersGate is running a Fallout Weekend Sale with discounts up to 75% off. Pretty much Steam winter/summer sale price points on the Fallout series.

Deals are good through Monday, 10/27 at 4am Pacific.

• Deals listed by Dealzon help support LMG / Linus Tech Tips
  • More PC game deals here
  • Latest PC game retailers sales here

I'll have Fallout 3 please xD 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Does Fallout 3 run on Windows 8.1?  I've never taken a deal so far because it says it's not optimized for Win7. So I fear it won't work with 8.1 either...

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)

Does Fallout 3 run on Windows 8.1? I've never taken a deal so far because it says it's not optimized for Win7. So I fear it won't work with 8.1 either...

I believe it requires editing some game files to get it to work. I saw it on the Steam forums.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Does Fallout 3 run on Windows 8.1?  I've never taken a deal so far because it says it's not optimized for Win7. So I fear it won't work with 8.1 either...

I have 8.1 and I have played Fallout 3 on it. It's been a while since I have and it does ring a bell that you have to do some slight tweaking.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

I have played it on windows 8.1. Remember to install the windows games live thing, or else it won't work.

Not sure about 8.1, but it's really unstable on 7.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Uh, what? The game runs perfect on Windows 7.

Uh, what? The game runs perfect on Windows 7.

If you go to the steam store page it says not optimized for windows 7 it's an old game. Some people don't have problems some do.

If you go to the steam store page it says not optimized for windows 7 it's an old game. Some people don't have problems some do.

I've never heard of any issues with the game that can't be very easily fixed. There should ultimately be no problem running it on W7.

Good prices. Glad I already have them though. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Meh, I have fallout 3 GOTY and I have to admit it was a dissapointment, I got bored with it real quick not sure why.