Blackberry Having Trouble Keeping Passport in Stock

ThePointblank

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/10/11/does-blackberry-passport-stand-a-chance-against-th.aspx

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/26/blackberry-passport-preorders-reach-200k-in-first-day-company-sees-smaller-than-expected-earnings-loss/

http://crackberry.com/amazon-now-sending-out-delivery-estimate-updates-passport-orders

Basic overview:

- 200,000 Passports sold within 2 days of launch

- BlackBerry's stock was completely wiped out after 6 hours of sales

- Amazon alerted many people via email that their Passports will arrive with an expected delivery date of October 17 to 20th

- ShopBlackberry is giving a more pessimistic date, aiming for October 29th when they will be in stock and can ship to preorder customers

- Anytime when either ShopBlackberry or Amazon has the phone in stock, it goes out of stock within the hour

- Amazon reviews of the phone are glowing; 104 customers who've rated the Passport at Amazon give it 4.8 out of five stars. Of those, 76 of the 83 to review the phone give it five of five stars. Many reviewers have a long history of reviewing other non-BlackBerry phones

- It seems Blackberry is keeping a very conservative level of stock due to a lack of evidence Blackberry was building up inventory prior to launch, and the frequent sellouts

Good, maybe it will help them get back on their feet.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Its it bad to say I wouldn't necessarily mind going back to a blackberry with what I use my smartphone for?

Also anyone else interested in a decently powerful but long battery life phone with a e-ink or that color e-ink esk display?

Not bad but also not very surprising judging by the number of units they produced and continue to produce.

The phone still needs a bit of work, but the Passport 2 might be interesting.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Well that's definitely surprising. I like BlackBerry but I don't think I could ever get past the awkward form-factor of the Passport. Still, I'm looking forward to their next launches.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Actually would consider blackberry now that i know u get the blackberry app store, amazon app store and google playstore i dont understand why people arent going for there other phones too.

BB10 is a great OS for busy people, it's fast, no force closing on any apps, easy to manage multiple chat/email/social media especially if you have a physical qwerty BB. If you don't need a lot of specific apps BB10 is a way to go. For me, it's still android over BB10, I need some apps that are not available yet in BB10, of course I can sideload that apps but it is not running perfectly like on android. I give BB Q5 to my GF as a busy journalist and it helps her a lot and I will see how well the next BB Classic since it will have a trackpad that makes selecting text much more easier. BB Passport on the feature side, is great, especially the keypad+touchpad thing, but the size is too big and strange, small space key, and missing numeric key.

Still a long way to what they used to be, but good for them.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

Can they just die already? Like honestly when was the last time you saw a person with a blackberry?

Good for them.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

This is good news. Hopefully the Passport becomes a big enough success to get them back up there again.

I'm typing this on my Blackberry Passport and I love it, the best phone I have used till this day, in my personal opinion better than all of my previous phones ( HTC one m8, galaxy s4, )!

Especially the OS is one of a kind, maybe not the best for pure entertainment, but really amazing for "smartphone purposes", Blackberry HUB kicks ass and the phone is so fast!

Hope this phone does well in the future as well, and brings in some revenue for BlackBerry! :)

Corsair 900D |ASUS  Maximus V Formula | i7 3770K | 16 GB Dominator Platinum 1600Mhz | Asus GTX 780 |

Intel 520 Series 180Gb SSD | BeQuiet 860W PSU | GPU, CPU, MOBO watercooled with 2x480 rads, 12 BitFenix Spectre Pro total | Acrylic Tubing from Primochill | Icemodz RGB-LEDs | Aquacomputer pump, flow control and fan/liquid control | 27" Dell U2711

Build-Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/88573-the-red-beast-900d-780-liquidcooled-first-build/

Wow, the spec aren't bad, that's a huge battery for such a small phone, with apple going to bigger phones, and people still like small phones with a real keyboard. cough old people over 40. I could see this going very good for them. I kinda want one

Good for them, they deserve it more than Apple.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Wow, the spec aren't bad, that's a huge battery for such a small phone, with apple going to bigger phones, and people still like small phones with a real keyboard. cough old people over 40. I could see this going very good for them. I kinda want one

Wat? The passport isn't small at all. :l

blackberry-passport-21.jpg

What is that keyboard doing at the bottom?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Wat? The passport isn't small at all. :l

In the form facter where it's ment to be in your pocket like a passport. or a wallet.

I carry it in my pocket without problems, and I wear pretty tight jeans normally!

I found, that length is a bigger hurdle compared to width!

Corsair 900D |ASUS  Maximus V Formula | i7 3770K | 16 GB Dominator Platinum 1600Mhz | Asus GTX 780 |

Intel 520 Series 180Gb SSD | BeQuiet 860W PSU | GPU, CPU, MOBO watercooled with 2x480 rads, 12 BitFenix Spectre Pro total | Acrylic Tubing from Primochill | Icemodz RGB-LEDs | Aquacomputer pump, flow control and fan/liquid control | 27" Dell U2711

Build-Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/88573-the-red-beast-900d-780-liquidcooled-first-build/

Can they just die already? Like honestly when was the last time you saw a person with a blackberry?

On a daily basis?

Smartphones still get bought by personal preference. Some people actually like the BB user experience. My dad left a Galaxy S5 for BB once again. So sue him and others for liking BB.

You have a pathetic attitude. We should celebrate that this phone is giving them unexpected success and that there is still reasonable levels of variety in the smartphone space. And you want them to die off?

What an exceptionally narrow minded and petty viewpoint.

What is that keyboard doing at the bottom?

Would you prefer it to be on the top of the phone?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Would you prefer it to be on the top of the phone?

i like it behind more ;)

seriously, great news for BB. i used to have one of their phones (ages ago) and it was great. if this is anywhere near, im super excited

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

If anyone has any questions about the phone, I'll gladly answer those! :)