Blackberry Having Trouble Keeping Passport in Stock

ThePointblank

Would you prefer it to be on the top of the phone?

I was just thinking that it should have a software keyboard like every other smartphone.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I was just thinking that it should have a software keyboard like every other smartphone.

I wish I had a hardware keyboard on my GS4 as I'm so much more accurate with them.

I wish I had a hardware keyboard on my GS4 as I'm so much more accurate with them.

It just doesn't look good though. I think it disrupts the uniformity of the device.

K70 RGB

It just doesn't look good though. I think it disrupts the uniformity of the device.

Are you saying of the passport or devices in general?

Also I could really care about looks if it work better.

Are you saying of the passport or devices in general?

Also I could really care about looks if it work better.

I thought this was a device for general people.

K70 RGB

I thought this was a device for general people.

I wanted to know if you thought that keyboard looked bad or all ones do.

Also not really mostly meant for business users and blackberry fans.

If anyone has any questions about the phone, I'll gladly answer those! :)

Do you find it is top heavy when typing?  It's a complaint that I've seen from 1 or 2 reviewers but most make no mansion of it, so I'd like your opinion.  It seemed to me to be an issue with the reviewers keeping their index finger at the bottom rear of the device when typing, but I am not sure since I've not held the device. 

Can they just die already? Like honestly when was the last time you saw a person with a blackberry?

I haven't seen anyone with an HTC phone in my area for the longest time. Should I wish HTC would die?

Can they just die already? Like honestly when was the last time you saw a person with a blackberry?

Today. A fellow student uses one.

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

So I just saw a BB passport in carphone warehouse today, and I quite like the look of it. I won't get one, as I prefer android with its customisability to it compared to any other OS, but it's a good design choice, definitely what BB need to do more of, as I can see the market it's aiming for and how it is a good choice for that.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Do you find it is top heavy when typing?  It's a complaint that I've seen from 1 or 2 reviewers but most make no mansion of it, so I'd like your opinion.  It seemed to me to be an issue with the reviewers keeping their index finger at the bottom rear of the device when typing, but I am not sure since I've not held the device. 

Okay, I can't give a definitive answer to that one, it certainly isn't as well balanced as the Q10 for example, which I owned before too, but I'm not sure if this is even possible at that size!

But, the only time that I notice some discomfort is while laying in bed on my back and trying to type, that's not really comfortable.

But in other cases it's fine!

So my answer would be something in between, it is a little bit top heavy, but not as bad as other devices, because it's not that tall, simply really wide.

Corsair 900D |ASUS  Maximus V Formula | i7 3770K | 16 GB Dominator Platinum 1600Mhz | Asus GTX 780 |

Intel 520 Series 180Gb SSD | BeQuiet 860W PSU | GPU, CPU, MOBO watercooled with 2x480 rads, 12 BitFenix Spectre Pro total | Acrylic Tubing from Primochill | Icemodz RGB-LEDs | Aquacomputer pump, flow control and fan/liquid control | 27" Dell U2711

Build-Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/88573-the-red-beast-900d-780-liquidcooled-first-build/

it would be sad for such an iconic company to go. I think the lack of stock is a sign of achievement and hopefully they are back to making phones for their audience ( the business mean and women).  

PLEASE USE PCPARTPICKER.  My rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZBmWjX

I wanted to know if you thought that keyboard looked bad or all ones do.

Also not really mostly meant for business users and blackberry fans.

I'm just thinking that it looks unnecessary and it makes it look like an old slide phone. 

K70 RGB

I'm just thinking that it looks unnecessary and it makes it look like an old slide phone.

Why focus on looks so much especially if it makes the device better. Also just cause it has a physical keyboard doesnt mean its only. There are people out there including me that prefer physical ones. If there was a market that prefers it that would be the BB market, which is also where I got the preference as ive had 2 different generation BB Curve's.

Apparently Blackberry is going to release one very unusual device a year. I guess they're taking Samsungs approach and seeing if any of them take off.

I just hope that none of them feature resistive touch screens again. What a horrible idea that was.

This phones keyboard needed to be another row longer, and it would have been perfect.

You and me both. I miss being able to type out a message super fast, while walking, and not looking at where my fingers were going.

Or, you know, under the desk during a meeting. :ph34r:

It's very necessary. You're obviously not the target market for the device, and they do have three other touch screen devices for those like you.

This is for business professionals who will do a lot of editing, emailing, etc. Where mistakes are much, much more damaging.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Good for them, the other fruit company is getting stale lately 

System Spec: H87 mobo from Zotac, I3 4130, 4GB ddr3 1600mhz Cas 11, WD green 2TB all in side of a Cooler Mater Elite 120