5k monitor

jamese669

i think id rather use 1080p overe anything higher. it easier to run

Most of us would LIKE to at least have 1440p now. Heck 1920x1200 is a good improvement.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

i think id rather use 1080p over anything higher. it easier to run

8k Surround Curved 3d IPS Virtual Reality 144Hz Gsync Super Computing Master Race

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

8k Surround Curved 3d IPS Virtual Reality 144Hz Gsync Super Computing Master Race

3x 32K Surround Curved 4D IPS A+ Virtual Reality 200Hz GSync Yota-Scale Computing Master Race.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Yes

We have one, called Linux.

IPS is limited to 4ms unless someone puts together lightning-fast graphene switches.

Oled, IGZO?? what about those technologies

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Oled, IGZO?? what about those technologies

I'm not sure about either one. Monitors are not my forte'. I just have some rudimentary knowledge of the mechanisms.

I'm not sure about either one. Monitors are not my forte'. I just have some rudimentary knowledge of the mechanisms.

Oh okay :) 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

And it only requires 4 titan blacks to run games on high!

I was getting ready to say that earlier, expect crossfire R9 295x2's in order to even run games at that resolution. Monitors are getting way beyond what hardware can push these days, DELL needs to lay off the e-peen.

Bring on the 5k pron!

I was getting ready to say that earlier, expect crossfire R9 295x2's in order to even run games at that resolution. Monitors are getting way beyond what hardware can push these days, DELL needs to lay off the e-peen.

Bring on the 5k pron!

For artists frame rates don't matter. Resolution and color accuracy are everything. And professional artists don't even need an expensive Quadro/FirePro. Intel Iris Pro is enough to drive a 4K monitor at 60Hz (though not at 16:10). They can spend more on the monitor and not have to worry about the GPU.

So are we gonna permanently switch to just using the horizontal pixel count as the naming convention for resolutions?

480, 720, 1080, 1440... you will forever be in my heart (RIP).

WOW you are missing the most important one 360 240 and best of all 144.

For artists frame rates don't matter. Resolution and color accuracy are everything. And professional artists don't even need an expensive Quadro/FirePro. Intel Iris Pro is enough to drive a 4K monitor at 60Hz (though not at 16:10). They can spend more on the monitor and not have to worry about the GPU.

Who cares about artists. Text based console games FTW!

Yeah, I said it. Come at me bro's.

WOW you are missing the most important one 360 240 and best of all 144.

2K is at least very close to 2000 pixels across. 4K is less so and 5k is even worse. We should just use raw dimensions instead of trying to sell the X-K marker.

3x 32K Surround Curved 4D IPS A+ Virtual Reality 200Hz GSync Yota-Scale Computing Master Race.

Glorious Death Star Gaming Matrix Simulation Master Race

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

good thing my credit card has $9600 monthly limit

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

good thing my credit card has $9600 monthly limit

CONGRATULATIONS! You have been pre-approved to a new higher credit card limit and low interest rate!

Press 1 to speak with our representative for your new credit card!

But act quick, as this is your final notice!

I need a 5k monitor for when I play Zork.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Here are more images from Dell's website:

post-32565-0-03950600-1409892925_thumb.p

post-32565-0-16699300-1409892955_thumb.p

post-32565-0-33042700-1409892990_thumb.p

post-32565-0-44120900-1409893026_thumb.p

post-32565-0-68666700-1409893087_thumb.p

post-32565-0-55969700-1409893380_thumb.p

post-32565-0-12429800-1409893399_thumb.p

post-32565-0-23519300-1409893432_thumb.p

http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/uscorp1/secure/dell-venue-sf

Dell also previewed the groundbreaking Dell UltraSharp 27 Ultra HD 5K Monitor, the world’s first display with Ultra HD 5K resolution (5120 x 2880). Ultra HD 5K is equivalent to four times the resolution of QHD and seven times the resolution of Full HD; offering a revolutionary screen performance for professionals requiring the highest resolution available. Dell PremierColor and the anti-smudge / anti-reflective edge-to-edge glass design provide true-to-life color accuracy and pristine picture quality for color-critical work. It also delivers immersive acoustics with two 16W integrated Harmon Kardon speakers. To optimize productivity, this highly innovative monitor offers six USB ports and one media card reader to seamlessly connect with a wide range of other peripherals.

Pricing and Availability
The OptiPlex Micro starts at USD $499 and is available worldwide.
The Dell 55 Monitor is USD $1,049 and is available in the US and Canada.
Chromebox for meetings is USD $999 including one year software support and service and is available in the US.
The Latitude 5000 Series starts at USD $769 and will be available September 25 in the US, Europe and Asia.
Chromebox starts at USD $179 and will be available September 26.
The Latitude 13 7000 Series 2-in-1 starts at USD $1,199 and will be available mid-October worldwide.
The Latitude 3000 Series starts at USD $640 and is available in Asia.
The Dell UltraSharp 27 Ultra HD 5K Monitor is USD $2,499.99 and will be available in the fourth quarter of this year.

http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/uscorp1/secure/2014-09-04-dell-commercial-portfolio-launch

So it looks like it will have a built-in Harman Kardon speakers, nice aluminum base finish, and possibly aluminum neck (and not painted silver plastic)

Why did they bother with 5k? wtf 4k is the thing now and 8k is next if they wanted to show of something cool they should of made it 8k theres a reason why its the worlds first 5k panel because no one gives a shit -_- give me 4k or 8k!!!

Silently Dell is laughing about gpu manufacturers.

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Considering mainstream "HD content" is 720-1080p, we're in for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait before this even becomes relevant. Titans struggle at 4K, let alone 5, yep. We have an absurd wait before any of this becomes meaningful for consumers.

I still want it.

I think many of you are missing something: The further they push this technology, the cheaper manufacturing 4k will become.

Think about it. How freaking cheap are 720p screens now compared to back when they were the absolute best out there for mobile devices?

Potato

Dell is back, this time they are bringing with them a 27 inch 5k monitor. With a astounding 5120x2880 resolution, and supporting 1 billion colours. The monitor is double-ish the resolution of today's 4k/udh monitors, pixel's at least. Dell has been pretty shy with the details, granted the monitor isn't due to release till Christmas 2014(speculation at its finest), or early q1. Now all of this seems perfect, we all can run this with our Nvidia GeForce 770's or whatever, right? Actually no, the monitor has 2 display port 1.2 ports, and both need to be used in order to achieve the 5k resolution(this is subject to change by time of the release). This is a huge step up from what the pofessional grade monitors are at, but are we ready to go into 5k resolutions, and push every consumer, and possibly push some prosumer graphics card, Dell thinks we are ready. 

Why did they bother with 5k? wtf 4k is the thing now and 8k is next if they wanted to show of something cool they should of made it 8k theres a reason why its the worlds first 5k panel because no one gives a shit -_- give me 4k or 8k!!!

8K.... That's just pure stupidity.

Here's a good read from tftcentral.

Visual Acuity, The Sense and Non-sense of Ultra High Definition Displays

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/visual_acuity.htm

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

The crazy hardware that will be required,to use it to its full potential 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Woah.  That's pretty cool. Gonna need a ton or power to game on it though. Any source links i can check out?

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2