Xbone catching up to the ps4?

Shayannike.ps3

With the new dev kit microsoft release this june gives a GPU boost that can slightly change the rendering that is outputted at 1080p with constant framerates Untill now bungie took advantage of this gift and used to upscale the res to 1080p. I personally think that hardware is the problem not software, and that there is nothing that microsoft can do to make xbone a better console. None of these softwares - and that is DX12 or the cloud - can aid this console to get a comparable resolution and performance to the ps4. Of course none of these consoles can outperform the PC :D

What do you think will Microsft's Xbox one catch up to Sony's PS4?

It's catching up but not enough to catch up to the PS4.

directx 12 could improve it by quite a bit but still not enough.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

No, the Xbone sucks more than any modern console has ever sucked before. The PS4 also sucks but it's not nearly as bad.

After all it's about the games, the PS4 is superior in terms of hardware and will always be, but the Software is already better on the Xbone.

144Hz goodness

After all it's about the games, the PS4 is superior in terms of hardware and will always be, but the Software is already better on the Xbone.

It's also about what your friends bought if you're into your multiplayer stuff, and after 9 or 10 months more early-adopters bought the PS4. A friend of his might buy the PS4 to play with him and so the domino effect begins.

That's a matter of opinion. ;)

Is it? Microsoft already implemented a lot of multimedia stuff that's still missing on the PS4. That's just one example

144Hz goodness

Is it? Microsoft already implemented a lot of multimedia stuff that's still missing on the PS4. That's just one example

It's still a matter of opinion, having all those features means nothing if someone isn't interested in them.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

It's still a matter of opinion, having all those features means nothing if someone isn't interested in them.

Indeed.

In addition, games are a personal thing. For me personally I find the Xbox to be a very

compelling device - Sunset Overdrive, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Forza

Horizon 2, Forza Motorsport 5 and so on are all games that deeply interest me. But at

the same time the PlayStation 4 has a lot of very compelling indie titles and interesting

first party titles such as KillZone Shadowfall, LittleBigPlanet 3 and The Last of Us

Remastered.

The Xbox has definitely caught up this year, though. The differences between the two

nowadays really are just based on personal opinion - do you prefer Halo or KillZone,

etc. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

No.

I was really adopter of the Xbox One and I'm very happy with the purchase so far and I find it ahead of the ps4 in regards to how I use it. The Kinney especially is very compelling when I use the voice commands while watching Netflix and so fourth.

The ps4 on the other hand is starting to spell to me now because I have many more friends that upgraded from their ps3 than upgraded from 360. The ps4 game library is still very lacking to me and I'll get a ps4 once the library expands much more. Hopefully it's beyond the killzone and god of war and uncharted as I never really liked those games on my ps3

This will be the first time since the beginning of Playstation and the original Xbox, that I sit out and don't buy either one of the current generation of consoles.

I7-4790K OC @ 4.7, Asus Maximus VII Hero, 16gb 2133hz Corsair Vengence, 780 GTX SC (2), 250gb Samsung 840 SSD (2), Phanteks Luxe Pro Chassis, EVGA Supernova P2 1200W,MCP655-PWM pump with Bitspower fittings and upgrade kit, 360, 240 EK Radiators, all other watercooling is EK products

bought my ps4 at launch, and its just collecting dust, until DESTINY. i think the whole ps4 outselling xbox was mainly down to hype, both consoles are ok in there own ways 

Hardware revision or I won't buy it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

tumblr_mej5ivxdg61rcrp5xo1_500.jpg

in seriousness i think they will eventually even out like how the ps3 eventually caught up to the xbox 360

The ps3 had more horsepower than the 360, it just launched later. The ps4 has more horsepower than an xbone so I don't think the xbox will catch up but it will get close.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

The ps3 had more horsepower than the 360, it just launched later. The ps4 has more horsepower than an xbone so I don't think the xbox will catch up but it will get close.

The PS3 was an absolute nightmare to develop for, that's why the performance was sub-par in the first few years and that's why most multi-platform games ran better on the 360. The real potential of the PS3 only came to light when you played first party games a few years after release and when the developers finally knew how to properly optimize their games for it.

No, the Xbone sucks more than any modern console has ever sucked before. The PS4 also sucks but it's not nearly as bad.

The PS2 had the worst performance of all the consoles at that time, yet it was the most successful. It all comes down to good first party titles for me, I know that consoles will never be able to catch up to PC in terms of graphics and features so I'll just wait a few years and go for the one with the best games that I can't get on PC (probably PS4 and/or WII U from the looks of it)

If the current trend continues then we'll just have to wait a few months to play all those Xbone exclusives on PC. Makes the console 100% worthless as a PC gamer IMO. Also, there is not a single Xbone exclusive that has really peeked my interest so far.

The PS3 was an absolute nightmare to develop for, that's why the performance was sub-par in the first few years and that's why most multi-platform games ran better on the 360. The real potential of the PS3 only came to light when you played first party games a few years after release and when the developers finally knew how to properly optimize their games for it.

The PS2 had the worst performance of all the consoles at that time, yet it was the most successful. It all comes down to good first party titles for me, I know that consoles will never be able to catch up to PC in terms of graphics and features so I'll just wait a few years and go for the one with the best games that I can't get on PC (probably PS4 and/or WII U from the looks of it)

If the current trend continues then we'll just have to wait a few months to play all those Xbone exclusives on PC. Makes the console 100% worthless as a PC gamer IMO. Also, there is not a single Xbone exclusive that has really peeked my interest so far.

It's not only the specs. There's just something about it that I hate. Kinect and shit

tumblr_mej5ivxdg61rcrp5xo1_500.jpg

in seriousness i think they will eventually even out like how the ps3 eventually caught up to the xbox 360

Fixed:

axkxfy.png

Seriously, I laugh so fucking hard when the PC peasants and the Console kiddies argue and fling shit like apes at each other about which one of their video game platforms is better - meanwhile, I'm sitting here playing Fallout: New Vegas modded to the absolute max on my high-end PC, before playing glorious exclusives on my console such as Red Dead Redemption, Demon's Souls and Destiny, all while waiting for Bloodborne which is almost definitely going to be a game of the year contender, behind probably Phantom Pain.

Fixed:

axkxfy.png

Seriously, I laugh so fucking hard when the PC peasants and the Console kiddies argue and fling shit like apes at each other about which one of their video game platforms is better - meanwhile, I'm sitting here playing Fallout: New Vegas modded to the absolute max on my high-end PC, before playing glorious exclusives on my console such as Red Dead Redemption, Demon's Souls and Destiny, all while waiting for Bloodborne which is almost definitely going to be a game of the year contender, behind probably Phantom Pain.

It's great being platform agnostic isn't it?