Does caffeine decrease lifespan or no?

Go to solution Solved by MegaDave91,

Sorry Off topic , but is that a Jackson SL2H? or is it a Ibanez RG 470 MHZ ?

Jackson USA SLATQ MAH Solost. There's a picture of it in my profile. I won't post it in the thread for obvious reasons. :)

I mean, there is a set amount of beats our hearts can pump out in a lifetime. It`s not an exact number obviously and some may have a higher or lower number than others but whatever.

I am not even sure if this is true to be honest because I haven't read any true evidence of this being true but okay.

Let's say it's true, this would explain why Overweight people die earlier, because they have a higher amount of beats per minute. But how does caffeine affect it? Since it does make our hearts beat faster....

I mean, there is a set amount of beats our hearts can pump out in a lifetime. It`s not an exact number obviously and some may have a higher or lower number than others but whatever.

I am not even sure if this is true to be honest because I haven't read any true evidence of this being true but okay.

Let's say it's true, this would explain why Overweight people die earlier. But how does caffeine affect it? Since it does make our hearts beat faster....

overweight people die eariler because they're overweight. Their heart has to work harder.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

overweight people die eariler because they're overweight.

-_- That's not explaining WHY, just what is causing it.

They die earlier because the strain on the heart and the amount of beats per minute is more in the long run. Seems logical right.

I am Overweight, if I remember correctly my beats per minute was 80, pretty high but still in the normal range.

You would have a very hard time proving it. Your heart beating faster does not imply that you will die sooner, otherwise exercise would kill you.

It's bound to have an effect, but caffeine hasn't really been linked to any life changing illness.

It is a poison of sorts though, you can kill someone with a high enough single dose.

Exercise will make your heart beat faster too. I don't think the matter is quite so simple. :P

It only decreases the life span of the people that stand between me and it in the mornings.. by 100%

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

my heart rate is 45, :D when i do  physical eexerciseit goes up too 90

You would have a very hard time proving it. Your heart beating faster does not imply that you will die sooner, otherwise exercise would kill you.

It's bound to have an effect, but caffeine hasn't really been linked to any life changing illness.

It is a poison of sorts though, you can kill someone in a high enough single dose.

No, regular exercise would make you healthier/less fat meaning your resting heart rate is much lower in terms of beats per minute for rest of the time.

Exercise will make your heart beat faster too. I don't think the matter is quite so simple. :P

Look at my new post. :P

my heart rate is 45, :D when i do  physical eexerciseit goes up too 90

Jesus, wish my was that low.

Let's say it's true, this would explain why Overweight people die earlier, because they have a higher amount of beats per minute. But how does caffeine affect it? Since it does make our hearts beat faster....

Well my granpa smokes and takes about 7 to 8 cups of coffe and hes 75 .. 

Jesus, wish my was that low.

:D

When I exercise my bpm, at least according to the gym machine, is around 130, which is supposed to be the range your looking for cardio.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

There's a difference between overweight and obese and even morbidly obese.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Almost certainly it will, yes

Statistically speaking, anyway

Compatible with Windows 95

No, regular exercise would make you healthier/less fat meaning your resting heart rate is much lower in terms of beats per minute for rest of the time.

Not exactly the difference in resting heart rate doesn't compare to the difference in elevation every time you exercise, your theory of a determined amount of beats in a lifetime is not very scientific.

:D

Just measured, mine is 84 per minute.

Sadly...

Not exactly the difference in resting heart rate doesn't compare to the difference in elevation every time you exercise, your theory of a determined amount of beats in a lifetime is not very scientific.

Not my theory actually, Google it, it is explained much better elsewhere.

Sadly...

sitting? resting hear rate?

I'd be inclined to say any difference in lifespan due to caffeine consumption would be minimal. I'm basing this on the fact that it sounds plausible. I have no idea. Who cares, do we really want to live to 105 and be wrinkly old fucks?

Sadly...

That's your resting heartrate? Yeah, it could be lower...

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

sitting? resting hear rate?

Lying down in bed but yeah resting.

Although I did have a big energy drink 5 hours ago.

There's a difference between overweight and obese and even morbidly obese.

I'd be inclined to say any difference in lifespan due to caffeine consumption would be minimal. I'm basing this on the fact that it sounds plausible. I have no idea. Who cares, do we really want to live to 105 and be wrinkly old fucks?

Death is so boring, you're gone forever. :(

Jackson USA SLATQ MAH Solost. There's a picture of it in my profile. I won't post it in the thread for obvious reasons. :)