Does caffeine decrease lifespan or no?

Go to solution Solved by MegaDave91,

Sorry Off topic , but is that a Jackson SL2H? or is it a Ibanez RG 470 MHZ ?

Jackson USA SLATQ MAH Solost. There's a picture of it in my profile. I won't post it in the thread for obvious reasons. :)

Finally a professional!

Is smoking really that bad?

Indeed, but you don't have to be a professional to know that.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Indeed, but you don't have to be a professional to know that.

Yeah but, I just thought it was the lungs being greatly affected and that the blood pressure increase was minimal at best.

25 lbs and you'd be fine. Don't just cram food though, make the majority of it muscle. 

okay thanks. :) I wish my building had a gym.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Yeah but, I just thought it was the lungs being greatly affected and that the blood pressure increase was minimal at best.

Smoking impacts a lot more than just the lungs. Pretty much every organ suffers from smoking.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Yes, but being fitter decreases your resting heart rate and you are in rest way longer than you are in exercise in total.

I guess I get what you're saying, but it doesnt make much sense to me.....

Difficult to say with certainty. I'm pretty addicted to coffee though, so I get loads of caffeine. Coffee has been linked with reducing your chances of getting various types of cancer, which could theoretically improve your lifespan.

I guess I get what you're saying, but it doesnt make much sense to me.....

Google it, I didn't think of it. :) I just read it from somewhere.

Smoking impacts a lot more than just the lungs. Pretty much every organ suffers from smoking.

Well, bad news for a lot of my friends then.

I mean they are very fit and still in their 19-20s though so... I guess they are fine for now.

Well, bad news for pretty much all my friends then.

Pretty much. Although people have smoked their whole lives right into their 70s and 80s, so it doesn't mean you're going to die prematurely. Having said that, I definitely don't condone smoking in any way shape or form.

Caffeine is a stimulant, it increases your heart rate, force of contraction, and I believe is a mild vasoconstrictor, meaning it can cause blood vessels to constrict and raise your blood pressure. Over time this is bound to have a negative effect on your cardiovascular system, which in turn has a negative effect on every organ and tissue in your body, in particular the heart, which does not tolerate ischemia(lack of blood flow) very well, or the brain, which requires a continuous supply of oxygen(carried in the blood).

The biggest problem is that the increased strain on the cardiovascular system would decrease elasticity of the blood vessels and increase the likelihood of plaque deposits over time, resulting in an overall decline in circulation and increase the likelihood of a heart attack, which would definitely decrease the lifespan of your heart. If you already suffer from heart disease caffeine could also result in electrical rhythm abnormalities if you consume large amounts of it. Even in a healthy person, If I hooked up an ECG to you and had you drink a few red bulls I would probably see some temporary benign abnormalities like PVCs(pre ventricular contractions). in addition to an increased heart rate and increased blood pressure.

So overall caffeine is probably bad for you, although nowhere near as bad as smoking, which has a devastating effect on the cardiovascular system over time. Like anything, taken in moderation caffeine is probably no worse than a lot of other things we ingest. But the less you drink the better it would be for your health.

I'm a Paramedic by the way.

Vasodilator... Its why people with headaches alleviate symptoms when drinking coffee. Hypertension causes plaque formation, not the other way around. Unless you become hypertensive during your next joe session, you probably arnt drinking enough to cause harm.  The effects of caffeine on the heart itself makes it work harder, but that really isnt detrimental unless you become hypertensive. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Pretty much. Although people have smoked their whole lives right into their 70s and 80s, so it doesn't mean you're going to die prematurely. Having said that, I definitely don't condone smoking in any way shape or form.

The smell is the worst.

Nicehat....Caffeine is not a vasodilator. It constricts vessels not dilates them. Its complicated, but simply put the reason caffeine can possibly help with migraines is because it constricts the blood vessels in your brain, decreasing intracranial pressure, not because it dilates blood vessels in the brain.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Nicehat....Caffeine is not a vasodilator. It constricts vessels not dilates them. Its complicated, but simply put the reason caffeine can possibly help with migraines is because it constricts the blood vessels in your brain, decreasing intracranial pressure, not because it dilates blood vessels in the brain.

Can I also ask what harm is there if I get drunk every 2 weeks? Much overconsumption of alcohol, yet not so much I get sick or something.

110KG at 5,9 :P

Is it very bad or?... Is It okay? I don't drink alcohol otherwise.