Oops! Mozilla left thousands of email addresses and passwords lying around (again)

RainfallWithin

Holy crap you seriously need to grow up. We don't need people like you on this forum saying "i'm always right and you're always wrong"

You always start arguments when there is no need to. Please just stop derailing threads for no reason.

MAYN, he derailed one of my #ExperiencesWithNonTechiesThread into a war over which OS is superior, then said that if I only use my PC for gaming I might as well have saved some money and buy a console.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

MAYN, he derailed one of my #ExperiencesWithNonTechiesThread into a war over which OS is superior, then said that if I only use my PC for gaming I might as well have saved some money and buy a console.

Wow well that sucks... :(

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Wow well that sucks... :(

Yeah, he's a jerk.

OOPS, better not derail thread.

Anyways. I use firefox on my laptop due to the fact that chrome uses so much energy it might as well steal your soul. 

It's good it was a beta thingy that got hacked and not the actual browser. If it the browser..... That would've been much, much worse.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Yeah, he's a jerk.

OOPS, better not derail thread.

Anyways. I use firefox on my laptop due to the fact that chrome uses so much energy it might as well steal your soul. 

It's good it was a beta thingy that got hacked and not the actual browser. If it the browser..... That would've been much, much worse.

What can they steal from the Mozilla servers? You Firefox sync account info, your Mozilla forums account info, just your e-mail from the news letter list. Is there anything else?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

What can they steal from the Mozilla servers? You Firefox sync account info, your Mozilla forums account info, just your e-mail from the news letter list. Is there anything else?

ALL the spam

Holy crap you seriously need to grow up. We don't need people like you on this forum saying "i'm always right and you're always wrong"

You always start arguments when there is no need to. Please just stop derailing threads for no reason.

@Builder PS maybe you need glasses... that's safari 5 and chrome 12... lol fail

No, it includes Safari 4 and Chrome 10 as well. Though I do need glasses, still waiting for my Warbys in the mail.

I just ran Peacekeeper on my laptop with Firefox, Safari and Chrome. But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of ad hominem attacks! Also thanks for the straw man and the words in my mouth pal. Why don't you actually read what I write next time? You'd be terribly embarrassed if I reposted what you did in my Unix thread.

uWMbkZa.pngxoNZXZw.pngn2dr92t.pngNotice that Chrome is still recognized as WebKit, because Blink is barely different. It's much slower too. I'm not even using the latest WebKit FTL JIT.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

No, it includes Safari 4 and Chrome 10 as well. Though I do need glasses, still waiting for my Warbys in the mail.

I just ran Peacekeeper on my laptop with Firefox, Safari and Chrome. But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of ad hominem attacks! Also thanks for the straw man and the words in my mouth pal. Why don't you actually read what I write next time? You'd be terribly embarrassed if I reposted what you did in my Unix thread.

Notice that Chrome is still recognized as WebKit, because Blink is barely different. It's much slower too. I'm not even using the latest WebKit FTL JIT.

post-4438-0-07534100-1409595183_thumb.jp

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

-snip-

Seriously? Do you not understand what relativity is?

My tests were all done on a laptop. I can't compare Safari because the version is too old on Windows. One test shows nothing, because the tests were done on different platforms.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Seriously? Do you not understand what relativity is?

My tests were all done on a laptop. I can't compare Safari because the version is too old on Windows. One test shows nothing, because the tests were done on different platforms.

You claim that Safari is the best then say it is all relative? Just stop.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

You claim that Safari is the best then say it is all relative? Just stop.

Where did I claim Safari was the best?

He gave a single benchmark on a single computer. I gave three benchmarks on a single computer. Evidently the score is limited by the hardware itself, that's fairly obvious for any benchmark. The fact that you think him posting a single benchmark of his Chrome installation is scientific makes me sad.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Super old chart is super old

I know right?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

@Builder

Any idea as to why Safari is relatively lacking with HTML5 support compared to others? 

@Builder

Any idea as to why Safari is relatively lacking with HTML5 support compared to others? 

I'm not sure. That did strike me as strange. It couldn't do three of the codecs though, so I'm assuming that's it. There's an HTML5 video player test included in Peacekeeper and Safari only managed 4/7 codecs. It couldn't do WebM (obviously) or Theora and one other.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Alright, here is my PERSONAL results on my PERSONAL computer. Your results may vary. I downed the screen resolution to 720p so you can easily see the images

Chrome:

7a1bf48448.jpg

Firefox

6bf252474b.png

Opera

9b1c4420de.png

Internet Explorer

699e9da135.jpg

Ok, but how is power consumption of each browser, and how is the experience and reliability of each web browsers? And how does it do at rendering websites, And I don't mean those where the web developer had to modify the page for all web browsers to show correctly. I mean following W3C specification. Important questions that needs to be answers.

Sure having a Tesla in my system would be amazing, but the fact that I can't plug a monitor makes its fancy benchmark scores useless.

You can look at 1 thing and call it king.

Also, to add, what isn't explain in the benchmark score is 1 point represent what? If a web browser is 1 point more than the other, does that mean it takes 0.0000000001sec faster at loading a page, or showing something on the screen, or 10 years.

In addition, we don't know how you ran the test. I see other software running on your system. They might affect the score. I tried it on Firefox while minimized, and on a different tab, and i got lower performance score because of that. Did you minimize or do something during each test?

Ok, but how is power consumption of each browser, and how is the experience and reliability of each web browsers? And how does it do at rendering websites, And I don't mean those where the web developer had to modify the page for all web browsers to show correctly. I mean following W3C specification. Important questions that needs to be answers.

Sure having a Tesla in my system would be amazing, but the fact that I can't plug a monitor makes its fancy benchmark scores useless.

You can look at 1 thing and call it king.

All I know is that Chrome still sucks battery like a greedy electrohog and Safari has the best battery life on Mac. Safari is also wikkid staybull, because it only gets updated once in a blue moon. Their dev channel kicks ass though. WebKit nightlies these days are blowing everything else out of the water in JS compilation speed.

I still use Firefox though because it's open source.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Slick keeps ranting about how bad it is though?

I've been using Opera for the past 2 years, the only problem I have with it is that Vine videos don't load quickly or at all. Oh and on some very rare sites, it just doesn't like Opera.

All mainstream sites support Opera though. Never had a slowdown, crash, or any major problems with it. I don't know what Linus/Slick have against it since they never really explained their issues with it, just blind hate from what I see.

Of course this is all my experiences on desktop, I've never used Opera on mobile, so I don't know how that performs. Maybe that's their issue?

And the browser wars have started :( I'm still the fastest browser on browsermark ;)

Just use the browser that keeps you happy. No need to defend it as though it's your child.

Back on topic, I would have expected Mozilla to do a bit of a better job myself, but at least this isn't FireFox data, or I'd imagine this would be much worse. I guess you take risks by joining BETA programs.