Top quietest fans?

Tocsin_786

I have an R4 now and can assure you they were not, you must've had an issue on your end or restricted air flow in some way. I was actually surprised when switching to AF-14's and seeing that they were very similar albeit slightly louder.

Maybe, the R4 was a let down for me in regards to temp, build quality and noise. Maybe the case was a dud, who knows.

Maybe, the R4 was a let down for me in regards to temp, build quality and noise. Maybe the case was a dud, who knows.

Hmmm surprising mines great, my PC is pretty much inaudible in a silent room, temps are fantastic even though I use the stock cooler with an overclocked 3570K overall a fantastic case for me.

Those fans you linked... I'm interested...

well ive been looking for alot of fans. and yes on around 1000 rpm they go to about 17 Dpa which is quiete what im looking for. the one thing i hate about their website(most tech websites) they link you to the front page of "new egg" or "amazon" they dont go to the product page directly which makes it harder for us consumers to find the exact fans. so ill keep looking for substitutes to these fans even if these in white are my choice as of right now. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

AP123

Aerocool DS

NB E-Loops

Scyth GT

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Maybe at 1 RPM?

Not necessarily. Take a look at what I posted earlier.

I have a Delta based fan that is fairly quiet at a lower speed (one of the Sensflow 4W022 fans).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I can only vouch for Noctua and Be Quiet!.

Corsair SP/AF series are crap for their price (not bad fans). Don't buy them.

This.

I would also recomend against spectre pro. I say just go with 

AP123

Aerocool DS

NB E-Loops

Scyth GT

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

AP123

Aerocool DS

NB E-Loops

Scyth GT

This^ + NB PL-2's

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

aerocool dead silent fans like this one http://www.aerocool.us/accessory/images/dsfan_12bk.html

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

aerocool dead silent fans like this one http://www.aerocool.us/accessory/images/dsfan_12bk.html

oohhhhh. i saw those they are amazing. but i cant find them on any retailer site. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Yeah, i have them

oohhhhh. i saw those they are amazing. but i cant find them on any retailer site. 

Retailer site?

They are on amazon, frozencpu.com

Yeah, i have them

Retailer site?

They are on amazon, frozencpu.com

i guess i didnt check carefully enough. but i have never checked frozen cpu for buying fans. 

Noiseblocker eLoops.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Be Quiet! are my personal favourite

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

list what you guys think are the most quiet fans in terms of sound level per RPM. 

please dont list noctua's we all know they are good, i just want more choices here. 

like these

http://www.prolimatech.com/en/products/detail.asp?id=2722&page=1

Phantek  :)

Indeed.

The new Phanteks' fans are not bad at all. There are not many reviews about them but I do think they are worth a shot. Also, the package comes with a lotta stuff.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Indeed.

The new Phanteks' fans are not bad at all. There are not many reviews of them (I have only found one, tbh) but I do think they are worth a shot. Also, the package comes with a lotta stuff.

everyday i hear about how great they are. i have to give them a shot. 

everyday i hear about how great they are. i have to give them a shot. 

I know right! That's why I will be buying 4 of them in the next months!

Even if they SUCK, who cares, they're cheaper than supposedly slightly better fans!

Everyone I talk to about them in pcpartpicker or overclock.net or anywhere only tell me they're awesome and every now and then someone tells me they can be audible at max speed. Great feedback so far.

And the packaging... so much stuff that you can use with anything you want. I will be using the included low RPM adapters on my girlfriend's build and it's gonna be awesome, even if it's inexpensive.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

I know right! That's why I will be buying 4 of them in the next months!

Even if they SUCK, who cares, they're cheaper than supposedly slightly better fans! And the packaging... so much stuff that you can use with anything you want.

I will be using the included low RPM adapters on my girlfriend's build and it's gonna be awesome, even if it's inexpensive.

my next build will be blue black and white. so this goes great. blue cooling/cable white fans/cables, and black everything else. this is great. iits just that i record stuff and i need silent fans. i dont want people to tell me to get noctuas because i may be the only one that doesn't find them apealing. but these are promising. 

my next build will be blue black and white. so this goes great. blue cooling/cable white fans/cables, and black everything else. this is great. iits just that i record stuff and i need silent fans. i dont want people to tell me to get noctuas because i may be the only one that doesn't find them apealing. but these are promising. 

I guess you can always return them if they do not meet your needs, but I strongly believe they will.

I actually love Noctuas and don't mind at all about their color. My only problem is how expensive they are. If I am to buy 4 phanteks fans, I'll spend 70% more if I get Noctuas instead. I'm not saying they are overpriced, but, after all, they're just fans.

Their CPU coolers, though, are a whole different story - totally worth the buck;

I guess you can always return them if they do not meet your needs, but I strongly believe they will.

I actually love Noctuas and don't mind at all about their color. My only problem is how expensive they are. If I am to buy 4 phanteks fans, I'll spend 70% more if I get Noctuas instead. I'm not saying they are overpriced, but, after all, they're just fans.

Their CPU coolers, though, are a whole different story - totally worth the buck;

yea. personally im not fond of the fans. but the coolers are actually very good.

I have found these, which are pretty much the little brother of OP's fan. 87CFM at .19DB sounds a little too good to be true. 

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

I have one of these, they aren't terrible. they are very quiet and move a decent amount of air. 45cfm @21dBA ;)

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/25200/fan-1373/NZXT_FN_V2_120mm_x_27mm_Performance_Case_Fan_RF-FN122-RB.html?tl=c15s60b132

Edit: they are also rifle bearing, so you can use them horizontally without ill-effects. :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Gentle Typhoons.

Also, are they THAT rare where you guys live? 

On the online stores I usually buy stuff they always have stock.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud