:)  :)  :)  :) We now now the difference!!!! Also helpful for people deciding between Xeon and i7.

this video will be good for new user for pick the first CPU

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

xeon budget race

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Thanks for posting that Nick. Quite helpful indeed. I haven't watched it yet but I plan to.

Thanks! :)

@nicklmg

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

:o i saw some new hands. WHO IS IT?

Why does the thumbnail make me want to post...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I only watched this for a segue from a Xeon to dollar shave club.
I was disappointed....... :(

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Don't thank me sir, thank Mr. @LinusTech for creating it :D

Well...you're right there. :D

Thanks @LinusTech!

BTW Nick, you can call me Geek for short. Other members do. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

So much for international shipping on the cheero. Was going to buy one but it will not ship to New Zealand.

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

So much for international shipping on the cheero. Was going to buy one but it will not ship to New Zealand.

Same, here, no shipping possible to the EU, international shipping my arse.

#Lockedi5MasterRace :P

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Same, here, no shipping possible to the EU, international shipping my arse.

I can't even find the international shipping option on the amazon website. There's only one product on the page, unlike the two you can see in the video.

2014-08-22_11-16-47.png

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

#LinusFact: every time he touches his hip, he changes the text on the teleprompter. 

Themoreyouknow.jpg

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Can anybody help me get the battery pack to Denmark, even when using the international link im told it does not ship to my adress :(

International shipping my ass: Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order.

Same here i was going to order a cherro battery pack but no shipping to Ireland with either link in the video

The only difference between a politician and a criminal in patience . A criminal will try to take everything immediately where as a politician known to take it one small piece at a time

Same here i was going to order a cherro battery pack but no shipping to Ireland with either link in the video

International shipping my ass: Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/cheero-Power-Plus-10400mAh-DANBOARD/dp/B00LSCXQAA/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408725841&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=cheero+energy

this is the closest I found 

technically its not cheaper ( thanks to $ to £ ratio) but hey, you can buy this!

I still think there's a certain amount of bad-assery to saying "Bro, I got a Xeon, whaddup son?"

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

The more expensive xeons are better. Read this thread, it's old but you can underclock a xeon and get better performance. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/277433-punknuggets-mod-the-hackinbeast/

Challenge for Linus.

You have xeon and you have overlocked it but what happens when you underclock it???
Post results please.

I want to see if this is true.  :D

Mac BookAir mid13

:o i saw some new hands. WHO IS IT?

Linus said that as i think edzel and brandon where going on vacation he was hiring other people

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor