[Rant] People that buy low end Android devices then move on to iPhone

Pommy192

One thing that annoys me, as the title suggests, is the people who go out and buy a low end android phone or tablet (consisting of a dual core CPU and 1GB RAM e.g. galaxy s4 mini) and complain about it being slow and laggy ect and slag of android for being absolute rubbish because of the phone or tablet they have and then after they go out and buy an iPhone which costs 2-3 more on the contract they previously had. 

I've had friends in the past do this and i've told them that they bought a rubbish phone but sometimes they don't understand.

I don't see why they could of bought a high end device for example a S5 or One M8 in the first place as they would of had a far better user experience in the first place. I know most people don't know about hardware specs but with android it's important as it runs better with better hardware specs (bit like a pc does)

Does anyone else know anybody who has done the exact same thing?

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | Cooling: H100i | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengence Pro 1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | Benchmark: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4457125http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/hHZ8TW

No, my friends have brains as a rule.

A good rule to have.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

i hate how samsung became the face of android

ever since the S3 its the slowest bloated peace of shit ever

S2 was amazing in comparison

it sad not  many people know what nexus devices are :(

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I hate those same people. Especially those that get cheap Samsung phones running touchwizz. Come one, we all know that even the most powerful phones can struggle with touchwizz so these cheap phones running 2-3 year old hardware don't stand a chance.

Edit:

As was mentioned above. I'm annoyed by the fact that Touchwizz has somehow become the face of android. Especially when there's better OS's out there like vanilla android and Sony's Xperia android OS.

Ya, I don't understand why Samsung is the most mentioned android phone in my area. I don't see anything special about it, yet every single person I know who has an android phone has a Samsung Galaxy.

And I'm just sitting here with my Moto X.

2 years after getting it, my S3 is literally actually killing itself. The phone has suffered no major damage and yet the wifi and mobile data connections are almost unusable, video doesn't even work, and the SD card slot won't work.

These things are trash. Getting a HTC One M8 cuz I'm sick of this Samsung garbage.

*edit: hopefully I can pick up an M8 running Windows Phone that'd be killer

Git Gud.

*snip*

Jeez, are you trying to start a war here? :P

I have had my S4 for a while now and have never been happier. That said, I don't concern myself with what phones others are getting. Does it work? Does it do what you want it to do at acceptable speeds? Good for you :)

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Ya, I don't understand why Samsung is the most mentioned android phone in my area. I don't see anything special about it, yet every single person I know who has an android phone has a Samsung Galaxy.

And I'm just sitting here with my Moto X.

its fame started with the S1 and S2

both great devices especially the S2

the S2 had one of the first dual core CPU and was one of the only phones that some how enabled hardware acceleration via toucwiz ( i heard they used stuff from android 3.0)

it was very smooth and its "skin" was much better than the crappy stock android 2.3 skin

not to mention the jaw dropping OLED RGB they used

stock android 4.0 of course changed all that but people were very surprised that companies like samsung still used a 2.3 era skin instead of the beautiful stock 4.0 theme

since then it went  downhill

i only support companies that only add minimal theme changes like sony

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

its fame started with the S1 and S2

both great devices especially the S2

the S2 had one of the first dual core CPU and was one of the only phones that some how enabled hardware acceleration via toucwiz ( i heard they used stuff from android 3.0)

it was very smooth and its "skin" was much better than the crappy stock android 2.3 skin

not to mention the jaw dropping OLED RGB they used

stock android 4.0 of course changed all that but people were very surprised that companies like samsung still used a 2.3 era skin instead of the beautiful stock 4.0 theme

since then it went  downhill

i only support companies that only add minimal theme changes like sony

That's cool, but the guys I know switched from the iPhone to the S4/S5. All of them.

Like wat.

I'm just sitting here, about to leave my house to buy an HTC One M8.

For the last two years, I have used an iPhone 5. It has been an amazing device. The customer support (as little as I needed it) was actually quite great, as expected from a company who holds their products to such a high value.

I really quite like iPhones, for me they do most everything I want. But, I want a larger screen, so the M8 seems to be the logical route to an Android device that doesn't sacrifice build quality for specs.

I will see how it is, and most likely report back in a week on how I feel.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

My general approach to tech is to educate but not lecture and to know when to stop trying.

I tell my family and friends to get Android and Nexus devices over Apple devices because of performance to cost ratio is better, but if they really have their heart set on an Otter Box then I drop the conversation.

If you get easily offended by people on the Internet there is something really wrong with you. You focus on the opinions of a few people instead of worrying about why you have a terrible taste in video games.

My sister has a dual core android phone, it never lags... don't buy cheap phones from samsung.

amen to that

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Samsung= dirt, overpriced plastic garbage with a shitty interface that they push onto low end phones.
Get some decent android phones.
Yes, there are quite a few retards comparing 200$ android phones to a 800$  iPhone, and yes, they are retarded! :)

As i stated, a low end android device such as mini versions of the higher end devices such as galaxy ace or xperia z1 mini ect and then the people that buy them and slag off android phones completely when they've not even tried hard enough to actually own a high end device such as a z1 or One M8

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | Cooling: H100i | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengence Pro 1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | Benchmark: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4457125http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/hHZ8TW

Yes, there are quite a few retards comparing 200$ android phones to a 800$  iPhone, and yes, they are retarded! :)

although you can get a comparable phone for 350$...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Oh, and "MINI" versions of flagships= 150$ hardware with the look of a flagship and a bloated price of 300$.
Except the z1 compact, it's the only true mini version.

Nope, everyone I know slags off Android anyway, whether they have had one or not. I just laugh at them with my larger screen and faster overall Android phone. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

It is a fault that arises with the Android ecosystem, you can't fully blame the people.

Comb it with a brick

although you can get a comparable phone for 350$...

I agree, the Nexus line is quite impressive for 350$. Also the Moto G works flawlessly for 200$ if you don't mind the average camera but what do you expect for 200$. :)

I'm still using my HTC Sensation from 4 years ago when it was on par with the 4s but now it is on it's last legs with the cpu getting pretty hot performing daily tasks, I am upgrading to a One M8 in the coming months

I had a guy claiming that the new iphone processor beats out the arm processors used by major manufacturers. Fucking joke.

The iPhone is a simple smartphone. It brought the appeal of smartphones to the masses, and in that respect it has remained king (until ics imho). Android has a stigma attached, and this can only be combated with the masses gaining something elusive - it is called 'common sense' and unfortunately cannot be bestowed, it must be earned by the individual.

So many world problems are just because, as a species, we are stupid. The intelligence we have is dwarfed by our utter stupidity. Its not gonna change, guys. Just keep investing your money so google can keep doing what its doing.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

"Sure you don't want to get an iPad for all that work?, it'l set you back around $1000 but the specs on it are amazing and the retina screen is mind blowing"

Sarcasm, if you didn't know.

S5 is supposed to be high end but its laggy though ... IPhone 5s>S5 screw lagwiz... Samsung craps on android HTC,LG,Sony,Nexus devices do it right

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP