Fans at 100% all the time

IceTalian

It seems like right after I installed windows 8, the front facing fans (pretty sure) are going 100% at idle on desktop and im really pissed because I have the SpeedFan program and I turned down all the fans that were available and it did nothing. If anyone has had this problem or if someone knows the solve for this, please help me out I'm slowly killing myself inside because of this noise.

ASUS VG248QE 144hz | CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced | MSI Z77 GD65 | i7 3770k @ 4.2GHz | GTX 780 3GB FTW ACX |

Corsair RM750 | H100i | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | Corsair Neutron 64GB SSD | WD Black 500GB 7200RPM | ROCCAT Kone XTD | Microsoft Sidewinder

SpeedFan is dildos. 

If you have the fans plugged directly into your motherboard, you can change their speed in the BIOS, or you can plug them directly into your PSU but you'll need a fan controller to manually adjust their speed.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Not sure about your case, but on my fractal define R4 I have a manual fan controller on the front of the case with three speeds (5V, 7V, and 12v), so check your case for that

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

Such excellent replies - You better use this stuff OP

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

It seems like right after I installed windows 8, the front facing fans (pretty sure) are going 100% at idle on desktop and im really pissed because I have the SpeedFan program and I turned down all the fans that were available and it did nothing. If anyone has had this problem or if someone knows the solve for this, please help me out I'm slowly killing myself inside because of this noise.

lol SpeedFan sucks. Download your motherboards tuning utilities from here or adjust fan settings in BIOS

Make sure your fans are plugged into the mobo as well and not into direct power (molex)

"Rawr XD"

@IceTalian

Open "Click Bios">>"Motherboard Settings">>Hardware Monitor">>  And change your System fan settings from auto to whatever percent you want. 

Cg0ZHMW.png

If those are 3pin fans, Speedfan doesn't do anything to them. Use mobo software, BIOS, hardware solutions or HWmonitor/OpenHardwareMonitor to control them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@IceTalian

Open "Click Bios">>"Motherboard Settings">>Hardware Monitor">>  And change your System fan settings from auto to whatever percent you want. 

Cg0ZHMW.png

Hey, I've already done this, still no fix. :( I put both of the auto options to the lowest setting (50%) still doing the same thing.

ASUS VG248QE 144hz | CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced | MSI Z77 GD65 | i7 3770k @ 4.2GHz | GTX 780 3GB FTW ACX |

Corsair RM750 | H100i | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | Corsair Neutron 64GB SSD | WD Black 500GB 7200RPM | ROCCAT Kone XTD | Microsoft Sidewinder

Hey, I've already done this, still no fix. :( I put both of the auto options to the lowest setting (50%) still doing the same thing.

Which would mean that they are 3pins and so you can't lower the speed from BIOS options.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Which would mean that they are 3pins and so you can't lower the speed from BIOS options.

You can and it's the whole point of the bios option.

50% 3 pin fractal fan :

X0WNHx5.png

100% 

55gxHFu.png

You can and it's the whole point of the bios option.

Then how do you explain that changing settings in BIOS didn't have any effect on OPs fans? I know software can change those things but I don't see how you get into those pics in BIOS. They look like software side to me. BTW. sorry for being thick headed about this. I just had own issues with BIOS fan controls.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Then how do you explain that changing settings in BIOS didn't have any effect on OPs fans? I know software can change those things but I don't see how you get into those pics in BIOS. They look like software side to me. BTW. sorry for being thick headed about this. I just had own issues with BIOS fan controls.

My guess is maybe he has them plugged in to fan headers that aren't controlled and run 100% all the time or didn't apply the changes. I think his board has 3 that are as mine only has the two.

As for the pics, i have Systemfan1/2 set to run at 50% through my bios. When you open up the MSI Control Center you can still adjust them on the fly if you want.